Latest Guest Announcement - BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

this is my experience and as I've always understood it Spengler.  You get added to the back of the queue. 

That's how I understood it so I won't be disappointed. At least you don't have to queue up early and rush to try and have a low VQ. That's hell.

21 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

This has not been my experience at all. From everything I know, you should NOT get put to the front of the queue. If you were, then you were lucky. If you miss the slots where diamonds are called and vqs are now queuing as well, you should just join the end of the queue.

For photographs the times are announced and its diamond pass holders first.  There are no announced times for autographs so how can there be a slot when you have to be there.  Unless it has changed from 2015,  there were no set queues for Christopher Lloyd so you could not join the back of numerous people standing around holding a virtual ticket trying to find out if they could get something signed.  There are crew members at the front of the queue but not at the back.  What would happen if someone with a diamond pass was told to join the queue at the back of virtual ticket holders for their guaranteed autograph and were then told that they could not have one as the guest had to go off and do a photo shoot or talk.   

6 minutes ago, ianb said:

For photographs the times are announced and its diamond pass holders first.  There are no announced times for autographs so how can there be a slot when you have to be there.  Unless it has changed from 2015,  there were no set queues for Christopher Lloyd so you could not join the back of numerous people standing around holding a virtual ticket trying to find out if they could get something signed.  There are crew members at the front of the queue but not at the back.  What would happen if someone with a diamond pass was told to join the queue at the back of virtual ticket holders for their guaranteed autograph and were then told that they could not have one as the guest had to go off and do a photo shoot or talk.   

Wrong Name means when they were specifically only calling Diamonds as opposed to later in the day when it usually opens up to straggling diamond and VQ holders. 

6 minutes ago, ianb said:

Does anyone know what time diamond pass holders have to be there to get his autograph before virtual ticket holders are called.  Is there an actual start time like with photo shoots. 

As you have just yourself posted Ian, there are no times for autographs. He will be signing when he isn't in talks or photo's and you can see from the schedule when that will be.  Diamond pass holders will be called through in groups as per usual so you just need to keep an eye on where they have gotten to.

13 minutes ago, ianb said:

5 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Wrong Name means when they were specifically only calling Diamonds as opposed to later in the day when it usually opens up to straggling diamond and VQ holders. 

Yes, I meant that first thing in the morning, diamond passes are told they can queue up for their autos before any VQs can. Once they get through all diamonds (which might not be all as some won't be there that day or will be busy doing other things), they then open it up to vq people. If you then come along with a diamond pass you can join the back of the queue without needing a vq ticket. If the guest is about to go off on a break or do a shoot, the crew will cut off the queue before this happens and everyone in the queue will be seen. Once the queue is cut off, even the diamond pass holders will be told to come back at another time.

I think this has likely been asked many times, but BC will only be my second photo shoot I've done even if this is actually my third time at LFCC and last year I actually brought my Jeremy Renner shoot while there it was the last batch on sunday and the woman at the desk wrote down for me the time it was.

I have BC BATCH 22 for Saturday could someone give me an idea off when to get in line, I don't want to get there for the start of the pm shoot and just be in the way but I also definitely don't want to be late and miss it.

1 minute ago, NightRose said:

I think this has likely been asked many times, but BC will only be my second photo shoot I've done even if this is actually my third time at LFCC and last year I actually brought my Jeremy Renner shoot while there it was the last batch on sunday and the woman at the desk wrote down for me the time it was.

I have BC BATCH 22 for Saturday could someone give me an idea off when to get in line, I don't want to get there for the start of the pm shoot and just be in the way but I also definitely don't want to be late and miss it.

Cant't rally give you an exact time of when to get there as it depends how it all goes on the day, but as long as you are there before the end of the shoot at 6PM you will get yours photo. Maybe keep checking where they are up to from time to time and just leave again if they are no where near your number?

23 hours ago, Straker94 said:

The Artist sent mine first class, arrived in a couple of days, however he's also trading at the event. I've been speaking to him on Etsy :) 

That's good to know, I'll check them out when I'm there.

23 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Yeah, Sunday there is some chance.  His DP's haven't totally sold out and he has more signing time but you'd have to get there really early and get a VQ straight away.

Would really early be, queuing well before doors open?  

What do you think my chances of a Mads Mikkelsen auto?  I'm there all 3 days but I'm not sure I can be there first thing.

2 minutes ago, Stassy said:

What do you think my chances of a Mads Mikkelsen auto?  I'm there all 3 days but I'm not sure I can be there first thing.

For Benedict? Oh yes.

The chances for Mads should be way better. He's there all three days and while he has lots of photoshoots he doesn't have nearly as much as Benedict.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stassy said:

Hard to advise exactly for obvious reasons.  Mads Diamond has sold out but it did as well last year and he saw tons of VQ's  As we have Cumberbatch though there might be more people trying Mads for Strange but I think everyone has a very reasonable chance of seeing him.

For Benedict there is simply no way to tell but if you want to try him on the VQ system you want to be there as early as you can be.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Raylenth said:

this is my experience and as I've always understood it Spengler.  You get added to the back of the queue. 

That is what should happen. Like Gold Pass holders. They get to join the back of a queue without a VQ ticket.

But seeing we are talking about Benedict, the chances he is seeing VQ tickets is miniscule at all. If at all it exists Sunday. So it is a moot point.

1 minute ago, Queen_Sindel said:

That is what should happen. Like Gold Pass holders. They get to join the back of a queue without a VQ ticket.

But seeing we are talking about Benedict, the chances he is seeing VQ tickets is miniscule at all. If at all it exists Sunday. So it is a moot point.

I think the original question was generic even though it's posted in here but yes that's a good point :D

7 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Hard to advise exactly for obvious reasons.  Mads Diamond has sold out but it did as well last year and he saw tons of VQ's  As we have Cumberbatch though there might be more people trying Mads for Strange but I think everyone has a very reasonable chance of seeing him.

For Benedict there is simply no way to tell but if you want to try him on the VQ system you want to be there as early as you can be.

I definitely going to try :D

Just now, Raylenth said:

Just be prepared for it to not happen Stassy but I wish you tons of luck.

Thanks, I have photos with them both so its not as if I won't meet them.  I'll still be happy even if that's all I get.

• Like 2

Just a quick Q, out of curiosity really.

This is my first major con and I am super excited. I am going to get to the venue as soon as I can on Saturday — it's the only day I can attend sadly — to *try* to get a VQ ticket for a BC autograph (although I realise the chances are slim I at least just wanna try!).

But how early do people with a general entry pass usually get there to start queuing? 

2 minutes ago, clarenewman said:

This is my first major con and I am super excited. I am going to get to the venue as soon as I can on Saturday — it's the only day I can attend sadly — to *try* to get a VQ ticket for a BC autograph (although I realise the chances are slim I at least just wanna try!).

But how early do people with a general entry pass usually get there to start queuing? 

Some get there as early as 6 - 7 but normally getting there about 7:30 -8ish should give you a bit of a chance to get a low vq

1 minute ago, clarenewman said:

If you want a low VQ for BC I would seriously suggest getting there at 6am or before.  He is extremely unlikely to see VQ's on Saturday so if he does it may only be a handful.  (Note these are educated guesses though, I can't really say when would be best but there are going to be a lot of people wanting them)

Yeah that's probably not going to happen, I live in Hampshire and traveling in that morning :/

I will get there as early as I possibly can and see if the Gods favour me... all I can do eh? 

Still kicking myself that I didn't buy a Diamond Pass. And I can't do Sunday either so it's all or nothing lol!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Wrong Name said:

Cant't rally give you an exact time of when to get there as it depends how it all goes on the day, but as long as you are there before the end of the shoot at 6PM you will get yours photo. Maybe keep checking where they are up to from time to time and just leave again if they are no where near your number?

Ok thank you, I think I'll do that