Whats Allowed/Security

11 minutes ago, ianb said:

Where would I stand if I wanted to bring my yellow plutonium case for Thomas Wilson to sign. It says on it "Plutonium handle with care" and is covered with radioactive stickers. I am worried about bringing it as I don't want anyone to see it and panic given recent events.

Can you wrap it in something that would cover it up?  Get some cardboard and fashion a surround for it, even wrap it in a sheet/blanket?  Or just get some of that decorating tape that isn't really very sticky and just gently tape some card over the stickers, then it will just look like a case.

I

9 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Can you wrap it in something that would cover it up?  Get some cardboard and fashion a surround for it, even wrap it in a sheet/blanket?  Or just get some of that decorating tape that isn't really very sticky and just gently tape some card over the stickers, then it will just look like a case.

I have bought some identical radioactive stickers from the company who sold me the case.  I was thinking about just bringing one down to be signed and then attaching it to the case.

Although the case itself will not be signed I think it should still add to the piece.  At the 2015 event a replica guitar that Marty played at the dance was signed by the back to the future cast and that sold at auction in America for $24,000 and given that my case has more signatures and inscriptions I am wary about taking it with me.  

23 minutes ago, robmoriarty said:

depends where checks are I guess. not been to this venue before myself.

If like previous years its just after main entrance door and before get into venue halls...so security is before check facility... if like last year.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one in my anxiety over this :D

And I do know I'm probably making a mountain out of a mole hill but well you all know what its like you just like things to run as smoothly as possible lol

I shall bring my backpack and hope for the best after all it isn't terribly big.

But I did feel for one of the security last year as she checked my bag 4 times lol