Best lineup

Does anyone think that Showmasters will ever be able to top the 2015 lineup? Wow, we had some stellar guests that year, Michael J Fox, Sigourney Weaver etc. 

There's some great guests this year, and still time for more to be added, but I think 2015 will be hard to top.

So, what's everyone else's favourite LFCC to date?

1 hour ago, DrBungle said:

Does anyone think that Showmasters will ever be able to top the 2015 lineup? Wow, we had some stellar guests that year, Michael J Fox, Sigourney Weaver etc. 

There's some great guests this year, and still time for more to be added, but I think 2015 will be hard to top.

As with all guest announcements it's all very subjective.  There'll be people who have absolutely no interest in Michael or Sigourney so for them 2015 was not that great.  Likewise there'll be others who are into Game of Thrones, Harry Potter or Baywatch/Pamela Anderson and may think that with this year's guests it's a stellar show.

"One man's meat is another man's poison" is the addage here.

• Like 1

This is my fourth year going to LFCC. For me this is the best line up yet. I am in a position where I have got too many guests that I want to meet and not enough time!

I agree that you can't really say which year was the best. Everyone has got different interests.

Edited by Tony1975

This year is a good mix. Will be the first show where I will be meeting quite a few quests. Ranging from hellraiser to relic hunter and alien and more lol . :D

I'm not a fan of the popular type of shows like soa thrones Dr who etc that's why this year is a good one for me. 

Mine was, if memory serves me well, 2012 when Gil Gerard, Erin Gray and Richard Hatch were all in attendance. Personally as I love the old 70s sci-fi shows it was a favourite. 

In terms of guests who are perhaps rare and are part of a massive franchise then the year Michael J Fox, Sigourney Weaver and if I am not mistaken Stan Lee came. I remember it was the most busy I've ever seen. 

On a side note - this year is belting too! 

For me personally, last year had a better lineup. I have been going to LFCC since 2013 and so far this year has the least amount of guests I am interested in (3 with 2 others cancelled). I really hope for some guests like Renner or Lundgren to come during the next week.

So my first LFCC was 2015 and WOW what a convention, for me it was my favourite. The OMG LOOK WHO IT IS guests, I got to wear a proton pack (Ghostbusters), the cosplayers were on point, I got a lot of comics, met the artists and writers of my favourite comics, I met Tommy the green power ranger (JDF), I got to meet Robert Englund in full Freddy make up which was what made me go to the convention in the first place. In a whole I don't think any other convention will top that for me personally and I really could go on and on. 2016 I managed to grab a group of friends (7) and break their LFCC virginity, these guys were the type of guys that laugh at the fact I was going to something geeky but I dragged them all there and guess what? They are coming again this year and bringing their friends with them too. They had an amazing time and to be honest, that's what my best memory was of last years convention. This year I personally think is a great line up but again like last year I think I will have more fun watching my friends geek out again. I've yet to be blown away by the guests since 2015 but as stated I've always had a blast. See you next month SM. Thanks for the memories :D

"Best line-up" depends on our own points of view.

There are some impressive guests at  the LFCCs, but personally none of those (especially the timed announcements) take my fancy, yet some that come out of the blue do (i.e. I'm more excited about Joseph Marcell and William Regal then Pamela Anderson).

There have been a few Collectormanias where I only met one guest, or none at all.

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 8:34 AM, DrBungle said:

2015 had the advantage of having a huge anniversary. Now true, this year is a Star Wars anniversary, but do you really think Disney is going to allow someone else to make a huge amount of money from their property? Not that they now provide that service.

So basically I'm saying, showmasters need a big anniversary they can promote (like Back to the Future), add a few more big names (Sigourney Weaver and Bill Paxton), get a handful of stars from popular show that is currently airing, then round it off with a nostalgia factor of actors who we watched whilst growing up and still think fondly of.