Latest Guest Announcement - PETER MAYHEW

16 minutes ago, misssaigonaddict said:

He will have a few Star Wars ones from the original trilogy won't he at his table if he just had the one friend from revenge of the sith or tfa.

Considering he is one of the main characters I'd think he will have a wide selection on offer but as always if you want a particular image it's best to take it yourself.

6 hours ago, misssaigonaddict said:

Not really the place to discuss this Miss as it's the Peter announcement thread - you should raise it in one of the threads already on this forum.  But in answer to your question - No, a gold pass does not guarantee you getting the diamond guests auto's, either in 1 day or over the whole event.  You have been to events before so I presume you know that autos are not guaranteed on the VQ ticket system. The only way to guarantee a diamond guest auto is with a diamond pass.  Most of them will reach the VQ ticket holders however, and will probably get through a lot of them, and the Gold pass lets you in 5 minutes before general entry to go and get the VQ tickets, so whilst you may be lucky and get them they don't guarantee you will.

Edited by StuartG2198

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Not really the place to discuss this Miss as it's the Peter announcement thread - you should raise it in one of the threads already on this forum.  But in answer to your question - No, a gold pass does not guarantee you getting the diamond guests auto's, either in 1 day or over the whole event.  You have been to events before so I presume you know that autos are not guaranteed on the VQ ticket system. The only way to guarantee a diamond guest auto is with a diamond pass.  Most of them will reach the VQ ticket holders however, and will probably get through a lot of them, and the Gold pass lets you in 5 minutes before general entry to go and get the VQ tickets, so whilst you may be lucky and get them they don't guarantee you will.

misssaigonaddict, iv edited your post, as Reylenth said it would be more appropriate to discuss those sort of questions on the FAQ, and I'm fairly sure we have already discussed this with you before.  As Reylenth rightly says the gold pass will not guarantee that you see Diamond guests.  The only way to guarantee that is to buy the Diamond Pass for the guests you want.

Edited by StuartG2198

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 8:19 AM, StuartG2198 said:

Folks, I'm going to sound like I'm on one this morning but a reminder to keep the discussion polite, remember guests and their agents DO use this forum.

That being the case, I would like to say Peter you are a legend, you played a big part (in more ways than one!) in making Star Wars as popular as it still is today and thank you for coming over for the show- photo booked and I hope to get an autograph as well.

Edited by Anorak

• showmasters unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

If a guest refuses to sign certain items it is usually stated by SM, other than that it may just be what people have experienced themselves - I can't remember where on here but this subject has been discussed in relation to other guests and the comments were that Index cards could be used to be paired with any item so the guests don't know what you at using them for.

I had card signed at a premier once because it was the easiest option and didn't have any problems so I think it's down to circumstances and the guest on the day maybe?

As always if you think there's a chance something might not be signed it's best to have a back up handy.

I'm not sure about the stealing his identity aspect - not being up on ID fraud I'm not sure if it makes a difference if the guest signs a blank card or an 8x10 because you still have the sig on the second item so could presumably scan it from that if one were so inclined?

For Peter specifically: no Information.

There was one post here where an attendee was refused with a Card once, not too long ago. I think I remember the same discussion as Raylenth. For the life of me I can't remember the Name of the guest though.

Index Cards are not normally a popular item to get signed at the Shows, I guess why this is not coming up very often. I certainly can't recall it being mentioned as a "won't sign" item.

Appreciate the comeback guys. For me, I need Veronica Cartwright to complete my Alien matted project which will hopefully look like the attached once custom framed (white section for framer) but Mayhew I was asking on behalf of a Star Wars group I joined on Facebook as trying to source a genuine vintage Harrison Ford which cost a small fortune and want to make sure I don't get burned. Assume Ford has never attended before??

Alien_New.jpg

Edited by taz101

4 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

For Peter specifically: no Information.

There was one post here where an attendee was refused with a Card once, not too long ago. I think I remember the same discussion as Raylenth. For the life of me I can't remember the Name of the guest though.

Index Cards are not normally a popular item to get signed at the Shows, I guess why this is not coming up very often. I certainly can't recall it being mentioned as a "won't sign" item.

The guest was Ernie Hudson. 

I never mentioned the name of guest in my original post.