LFCC COUNTDOWN!

On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 9:25 AM, Raylenth said:

Stuff apparently.

Stuff is right... no schedule yet or confirmation around ticket collection.  who knows whats happening and no chance to look at schedule see if can add any more photos in yet etc.  not gonna lie.. bloody irritating.

2 minutes ago, CarolS said:

Stuff is right... no schedule yet or confirmation around ticket collection.  who knows whats happening and no chance to look at schedule see if can add any more photos in yet etc.  not gonna lie.. bloody irritating.

The schedule is usually released about 5 - 7 days before the con, so it'll be release Friday at the earliest to minimise cancellations and changes, and as below, last year, the 2016 pass collection was released on 21 July, so there's still time for it to be released. It can be irritating, yes, but the items need to be finalised in case of anything changing before they're released. :smile:

9 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

The schedule is usually released about 5 - 7 days before the con, so it'll be release Friday at the earliest to minimise cancellations and changes, and as below, last year, the 2016 pass collection was released on 21 July, so there's still time for it to be released. It can be irritating, yes, but the items need to be finalised in case of anything changing before they're released. :smile:

That's what various people have repeatedly been posting since February. But Carol still likes to bring this "problem"up. ;)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

That's what various people have repeatedly been posting since February. But Carol still likes to bring this "problem"up. ;)

i have mentioned it before but only as its important not only to me but many.  not like its first year doing this so would think more prepared and ready with info.  not only one that thinks so ;)

There's no point releasing the schedule too early Carol if it's only going to be invalidated 2 days later by guest announcements and cancellation.  Is it not better to have it later but correct that early and repeatedly invalid?

It's always been that way since photosessions and talk were introduced, for the reasons Raylenth has already explained. The schedule was up at the very latest 2 weeks before the show. The shows got bigger, the schedule announcements got closer to the show because if a guest cancels the whole thing needs to be reconsidered.

We know it is important to many, which is why we have patiently answered this question each and every time. Most posters however do accept when we give them a timeframe, say "okay" and that is it. You are the only one who keeps asking (now even in other topics) and doubting us for some reason, Carol.

52 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

It's always been that way since photosessions and talk were introduced, for the reasons Raylenth has already explained. The schedule was up at the very latest 2 weeks before the show. The shows got bigger, the schedule announcements got closer to the show because if a guest cancels the whole thing needs to be reconsidered.

We know it is important to many, which is why we have patiently answered this question each and every time. Most posters however do accept when we give them a timeframe, say "okay" and that is it. You are the only one who keeps asking (now even in other topics) and doubting us for some reason, Carol.

Just because things always been that way doesnt mean its best.  and I dont doubt the info will be given, I am just saying i really dont understand why it needs to wait so close.  i know last min changes/cancellations etc etc but surely 4/3 weeks is well enough where any changes etc would be minimal.   would give time to plan/check clases/budget and allow people opportunity to maybe purchase more ops if photo schedule allows.   but hey this is my thoughts....why should they be taken into considerration.. after all i like many others have only spent a small fortune of my money giving it to SM why should our views count for anything.

29 minutes ago, CarolS said:

Just because things always been that way doesnt mean its best.  and I dont doubt the info will be given, I am just saying i really dont understand why it needs to wait so close.  i know last min changes/cancellations etc etc but surely 4/3 weeks is well enough where any changes etc would be minimal.   would give time to plan/check clases/budget and allow people opportunity to maybe purchase more ops if photo schedule allows.   but hey this is my thoughts....why should they be taken into considerration.. after all i like many others have only spent a small fortune of my money giving it to SM why should our views count for anything.

Best way to explain it for me, Carol, is, since 1 July there's been 14 announcements and 7 cancellations. If the schedule had been put up on 30 June, for example, there's a good 21 revisions from then to now, up to 21 times the photoshoot times would have changed, and people wouldn't be happy about the constant revisions to the schedule, making it a bit pointless to post it then if times are going to change, and we're still over a week away from LFCC. Releasing it close to the event wipes all of this practically out, which is why it's released so close to LFCC. SM aren't disregarding your view at all, just minimising all of this. :smile:

Edited by wjbleming
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Best way to explain it for me, Carol, is, since 1 July there's been 14 announcements and 7 cancellations. If the schedule had been put up on 30 June, for example, there's a good 21 revisions from then to now, up to 21 times the photoshoot times would have changed, and people wouldn't be happy about the constant revisions to the schedule, making it a bit pointless to post it then if times are going to change, and we're still over a week away from LFCC. Releasing it close to the event wipes all of this practically out, which is why it's released so close to LFCC. SM aren't disregarding your view at all, just minimising all of this. :smile:

I think the best way of looking at this, is draw up your own photoshoot time table, see how many times you have to change it from now to the show....  Everyone is waiting, it really won't be too long... Then starts the Clashes, which bring another 600 questions to the Mods... Who wants to be a Mod? :no: Lets give them space and time.. it will come. 

• Like 1

As Long as we can help it a thread won't be closed. This will only happen if it's gone totally astray and not because one member here decides to throw their toys out of the pram. I think that is the correct English Expression for what we experienced here last night.

Topic has been cleaned up now and the Person in question has been dealt with.

We're now back to our regular scheduled countdown.

• Like 3

I can't believe how close it is. I don't know if it's better or worse as I get tickets last minute so I still haven't found my chill from booking and I'm on countdown for going! 

Probably better for my anxiety as as I don't have time to disect every last thing.