The Friendly Dalek

Top 10 favourite movies

18 posts in this topic

Hi all. I am wondering what everyone's top 10 movies of all-time are. Mine are:                                                                                                                                                                                                     

1) Alien 

2) The Empire Strikes Back

3) Back To The Future 

4) The Return Of The King

5) Jaws

6) Terminator 2: Judgment Day 

7) Batman (1989)

8) A Nightmare On Elm Street

9) The Thing (1980)

10) The Sixth Sense

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This would probably change on a daily basis but my top 3 are pretty solid:

1- 2001: A Space Odyssey

2- The Godfather

3- The Godfather Part 2

4- Alien

5- The Empire Strikes Back

6- Aliens

7- Star Wars

8- Ben Hur (1959)

9- Blade Runner

10- Saving Private Ryan

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Hi all. I am wondering what everyone's top 10 movies of all-time are. Mine are:                                                                                                                                                                                                     

1) Alien franchise  

2) Star Wars saga 

3) Back To The Future trilogy 

4) The Lord Of The Rings/The Hobbit franchise 

5) Jaws

6) The Terminator franchise 

7) Batman (1989)

8) A Nightmare On Elm Street

9) The Thing (1980)

10) The Sixth Sense

I think that's cheating slightly; to end up with effectively a top 32.....

 

;)

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tompain100 said:

I think that's cheating slightly; to end up with effectively a top 32.....

 

;)

I could edit it if you want :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tompain100 said:

I think that's cheating slightly; to end up with effectively a top 32.....

 

;)

That's better ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a difficult question...  What are my top ten favourite films?  It changes on a daily basis.  At the moment they are:

1) Poltergeist (1982)

2) The Exorcist (1973)

3) The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas (2008)

4) Black Christmas (1975)

5) Pompeii (2014)

6) Some Kind Of Wonderful (1987)

7) Stand By Me (1986)

8) The Lost Boys (1987)

9) The Mummy (1999)

10) Ladybugs (1992)

 

Edited by ChloeLou
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Hi all. I am wondering what everyone's top 10 movies of all-time are. Mine are:                                                                                                                                                                                                     

1) Alien 

2) The Empire Strikes Back

3) Back To The Future 

4) The Return Of The King

5) Jaws

6) Terminator 2: Judgment Day 

7) Batman (1989)

8) A Nightmare On Elm Street

9) The Thing (1980)

10) The Sixth Sense

The Thing and The Sixth Sense are such good films! :smile:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Gamingbro134 said:

The lego movie

But is it better than the Harry Potter series, that's what I want to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, natedammit said:

But is it better than the Harry Potter series, that's what I want to know.

8 movies > 1 movie. That's all you need to know, kind sir. ;)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wjbleming said:

8 movies > 1 movie. That's all you need to know, kind sir. ;)

By that logic Transformers is miles better than films like Shawshank, Pride and tons of others I can't name at the moment simply because there are more of them :lol:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Stand by Me

2) Back to the Future

3) Jaws

4) Star Wars

5) The Untouchables

6) The Breakfast Club

8) The Shawshank Redemption

9) Alien 

10) Raging Bull

11) Blade Runner, I'm like the Nostalgia Critic, I have a top 11

I also love Some Kind of Wonderful, Rocky, The Karate Kid, The Lost Boys, Home Alone, The Outsiders, A Few Good Men, The Dark Knight, The Goonies, Titanic, Pretty in Pink, License to Drive, Mission: Impossible, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and Jurassic Park

Edited by joeld
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

By that logic Transformers is miles better than films like Shawshank, Pride and tons of others I can't name at the moment simply because there are more of them :lol:

All I did was count the difference. Didn't say 8 was better, just more. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess you're all entitled to your opinions on the matter, but the truth is that the greatest three films ever made are as follows:

 

3. MPW-37013.jpg

2. large_bwVhmPpydv8P7mWfrmL3XVw0MV5.jpg

1. The-Muppet-Christmas-Carol.jpg

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, joeld said:

1) Stand by Me

2) Back to the Future

3) Jaws

4) Star Wars

5) The Untouchables

6) The Breakfast Club

8) The Shawshank Redemption

9) Alien 

10) Raging Bull

11) Blade Runner, I'm like the Nostalgia Critic, I have a top 11

I also love Some Kind of Wonderful, Rocky, The Karate Kid, The Lost Boys, Home Alone, The Outsiders, A Few Good Men, The Dark Knight, The Goonies, Titanic, Pretty in Pink, License to Drive, Mission: Impossible, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and Jurassic Park

Great list! :smile:

License To Drive is such a great film! :D

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now