Cosplay thread

Faerie Tanith

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:49 PM, Dobbin11 said:

I've never done a cosplay. Any sites, hints tips etc. that can help? I like to think that I'm quite practical. Fancy doing it for collectormania as It's only a short drive from where I live.

The biggest consideration when starting out in cosplay is deciding what character you want to portray. It takes time and effort to create cosplay and then you'll be wearing it all day at a Con so if you don't love your character it can take some of the fun out of the whole experience. Being excited about your cosplay character also helps to keep you motivated!

Once you've decided what character you want to be collect reference photos so you can work out what skills you will need to replicate the outfit - some costumes require sewing, some require working with foam or Worbla and some need metal or leather work. Once you know these main things you can hunt on YouTube and find Facebook groups to help point you in the right direction!

If you follow the Cosplay at Showmasters Facebook page you'll see links to our Cosplay Guest pages who often do tutorials and if you can get to any of our regional events the guests do great panels with tips for cosplayers at any level

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, LOO said:

Do you have to go onstage with your creation? 

Only if you want to! 

We encourage anyone who wants to to enter the Cosplay masquerade, but not everyone feels comfortable going on stage and there will be lots of Cosplayers there who just want to soak up the atmosphere of the convention

I would say that you should be prepared for people to ask you for photos though :) 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...