Signed stuff

The Friendly Dalek

001_zps5ytg2c5r_1.jpg

Just in case this is still the same photo I had the books signed for FREE by the following : Brain May from Queen, Brian Cox, Brian Eno, Rick Wakeman, Oscar winner Hans Zimmer, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Astronauts - Walter Cunningham, Rusty Schweickart, Charlie Duke, Alexei Leonov, Chris Hadfield and Claude Nicoller. Anita Dobson from Eastenders (aka Mrs Brian May), Jill Tartar from Seti, Richard Dawkins, Kip Thorne, Roger Penrose, 9 Noble prize winners and numerous other scientists. 

Edited by ianb
  • Like 2

My favourite autograph... isn't really mine. A few years ago I went to an event whhere Tricia Helfer was one of the guests. A friend of mine asked me to get her autograph for him. Now, my friend's name is Saul, and us being all Battlestar Galactica fans, we call him "Tigh" from time to time. As you may recall (spoiler warning! for season 3), at some point Tigh and Caprica 6 get into a relationship.

So I came up to her table and told her "This is for my friend who couldn't come. His name is Saul and we call him Tigh, in case you wanna have some fun with that." You know, you tell a guest something like that, and it's hit or miss that they'll do anything, right? Well, she made this delightfully naughty face and signed "Where are you boyfriend!"

It was awesome :D

11329820_10206562091515257_7342716582299

• Like 4

On 11 June 2017 at 5:30 PM, josh-hammond said:

this is (one of) my favourite multi-signed things. i got pretty much the entire cast who attended the x men apocalypse premiere last year. it includes jennifer lawrence and james mcavoy as well! (super stoked)
13221553_1736284043319940_90465190183886

i think my favourite individual auto is from JK Rowling. i collect autographs both in person at cons and premiere as well as by writing to celebrities as well. i sent a (LONG) letter to JK rowling years ago basically explaining how the HP series of books has really helped me escape from reality for a bit (which is SUPER good when dealing with depression) and i got a legit, signed postcard back from her, complte with the hologram sticker she puts on all stuff she signs at events etc. i was SUPER stoked.

Oscar Isaac :wub:?!

On 11/06/2017 at 10:52 PM, dvdrob13 said:

Some of the stuff I've been working on recently

002.jpg

IMG_20170605_182530.jpg

IMG_20170605_182232.jpg

I have loads of projects going at the moment but these are some of my favourites

Cool, love the Angel one, when did you meet Glenn Quinn? What was he like? That must be pretty rare.

• 2 weeks later...

Technically Collectormania has sports people, so this collection counts... Just...

P1040829_zpsatauwmwh.jpg

Baseball caps signed by various motorsports people, including some ex F1, race winners...

The pink one at the bottom has an extra special one on the underside of the rim

P1040830_zpsdspopxxh.jpg

Patrick Dempsey. 

The fruits of my labours standing around cold race tracks! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Have you got Jason Plato?

Yup, he is on the white cap on the left in that picture (although that wasn't from a BTCC meeting, ran into him at another race, repeatedly)

9 hours ago, natedammit said:

Aargh, my knowledge of non-F1 drivers is rapidly diminishing. Who is on the hat in the middle?

Giancarlo Fisichella. Italian (former) F1 driver (1996-2009), winner of 3 Grand Prix and twice winner in the GTE Pro category at the Le Mans 24 hour race. One of my Forever Favourites. 

I am very impressed you'd heard of Andy Priaulx btw!