Posters

The Friendly Dalek

Hi Dalek - if it's just 1 poster the cardboard tube they come in is usually sufficient but I always say it does depend on what else you have with you - as they don't have handles if you have a lot of other stuff they can be a bit awkward to carry.

If you have a look on Amazon (or any other art supply site) for telescopic tubes, they are a good solution as they have straps so you can carry then  across your body and thus keeping your hands free.

Nothing prevents smudging per se as that is more dependent on how you handle to poster rather that what you carry it in - all you need to do is once it has been signed just give it a minute or 2 before rolling it up again to dry before you put it back in.

Just now, Raylenth said:

Hi Dalek - if it's just 1 poster the cardboard tube they come in is usually sufficient but I always say it does depend on what else you have with you - as they don't have handles if you have a lot of other stuff they can be a bit awkward to carry.

If you have a look on Amazon (or any other art supply site) for telescopic tubes, they are a good solution as they have straps so you can carry then  across your body and thus keeping your hands free.

Nothing prevents smudging per se as that is more dependent on how you handle to poster rather that what you carry it in - all you need to do is once it has been signed just give it a minute or 2 before rolling it up again to dry before you put it back in.

Ok thank you :D

I forgot to say that it depends on how many posters you have as well.  I think 1 is fine in a cardboard tube but if you have more then the telescopics are a better option as they are wider so it's possible to get more in and getting them out is easier.

Price wise if your poster didn't come with a cardboard tube, if it was rolled and wrapped in a shop, then there' not much difference between some of the cheaper telescopics and cardboard tubes so it might be worth considering the telescopics even if you only have 1 poster - then you already have it if in future you want to take more than 1.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I forgot to say that it depends on how many posters you have as well.  I think 1 is fine in a cardboard tube but if you have more then the telescopics are a better option as they are wider so it's possible to get more in and getting them out is easier.

Price wise if your poster didn't come with a cardboard tube, if it was rolled and wrapped in a shop, then there' not much difference between some of the cheaper telescopics and cardboard tubes so it might be worth considering the telescopics even if you only have 1 poster - then you already have it if in future you want to take more than 1.

Ok, I might look into that, thanks :D