Answers to FAQ

Some things are in the FAQ Section so please also look there before posting. If what you want to know isn't there or below, please do have a look at the previous threads to make sure it's not been asked and answered before. If not then please post I'm sure someone will know the answer

What I've tried to do is fill in some of the gaps:

If there's a quick answer I've given it in this first post. See the following sections for further information on each question.

1 - BEFORE THE SHOW:

It's my first LFCC I have no idea what I should do...HELP?

1.1 - Show Info:
When is it?
What are the opening times?
Where is it?
How much is?
Will there be any more guests?
Can I pre-order an autograph, as I can't make it to the show?

1.2 - Ticket info:
Can I buy entry and talk tickets in advance?

What is included in the Gold Pass?

What is included in the Diamond Passes?

Is it worth pre-booking a ticket?
What cards are taken at the online shop?

2 - ON THE DAY:

2.1 - Autograph info:
How much are the guests autographs and what days will they be there?
How much are the 8x10 pictures that the show provides?
Is there a lower price for autographs on personal items?
How many autographs can I get at once?
What ways can I pay for an autograph?
What pictures will a guest have?
Are there any restrictions on what items can be signed?

2.2 - Organising your day:
I have an issue, what do I do?
What's the basic layout of the hall for LFCC?
Can I come and go as I want? - Yes
What are the guests like? A WARNING!!
What time do the guests arrive?
What time do the guests have lunch?
What time do the guests stop signing?

2.3 - Queuing inside and out:
Click on arrow to go to this section
Where do I queue outside before the event, and how do the queues work?
What are Virtual Queues and Virtual Tickets and how do they work?
What time are Virtual Tickets given out?
How much are Virtual Tickets?
Can I get a Virtual Ticket for a friend?
If I get a Virtual Ticket for a guest and don't get to see them can I use it the next day?

2.4 - Seeing the guests:
Can I have a photo with a guest when I get an autograph and will the guests be doing personalisations?
Can I go up with my friend/partner/child to see the guest, I'm not getting an autograph?
Can I see a guest without paying for an autograph?
What should I say to a guest and how should I act?
Can I give a guest a present?

2.5 - Miscellaneous Info:
Is there a cloakroom/place to store bags?

3 - PHOTO SHOOTS:

What photo shoots are there and how much are they?
How it works!
What if I have a clash?
Does this mean I can't take a picture of the guest during the autograph session?
What happens if it doesn't come out for some other reason?
Where will it be?
Where do you get the tickets?
How many tickets can I buy at once?
Can my friend and I both be in the same picture?
Can I order extra prints?
What time will the prints be ready?
How many tickets will be sold?
The Small Print

4 - TALKS:

What talks will there be?
Where do I get talk tickets from?
When do talk tickets start being given out?
Can I get my friend a ticket, or do they have to queue up as well?
How much are the talks?
How many talk tickets are there and how fast do they go?
I'm only going on Sunday, will all the tickets go on Saturday for the Sunday talks?
Where will the talks be?
Are the talk tickets seat numbered?
What time should I get to a talk?
Can I stay in my seat if I have a ticket for the next talk?
Can I get autographs at the talks?
Can I have photos with the guests at the talks?

5 - DISABLED INFO:

Advice for disabled people who are planning to attend an event!

UPDATES and COMMENTS:

If you have any new questions or think something I've put is incorrect please do post so that I can keep this as accurate as possible.

Also if it's helped you please post. It'll be nice to know it's been worth doing.

• Like 1

1 - BEFORE THE SHOW:

It's my first LFCC I have no idea what I should do...HELP?

The main thing is don't be too worried and don't panic. Some people see 15-25 guests in a day. Yes there are queues but if you're sensible about it you will see everyone you want to. You just need to make sure you get there at a reasonable time if you want to see any of the big stars.

The basic plan:

1: Make a list of who you want to see from the
LFCC website

2: Sort that list on who you think will be the busiest. So most popular first. You may have someone that's not so popular but you REALLY want to meet so you bump them up the list. It's also a good idea to try and group guests from the same film/series together as they will very likely be sat next to each other.

3: Try and get to the Show for the opening time. And an hour before the opening time if you have 3 or 4 big names on your list.

4: Once you get in, don't look at the stalls. Go straight to the ends of the queues in the order on your list and get the Virtual Tickets (VTs are explained below).

Note: With some minor guests they won't have VTs. Don't worry about this it's because they won't have much of a queue all day. You can come back at anytime to get them.

5: Go buy any extra photo shoots or paid for talk tickets you need.

6: Once you have VTs for everyone you want, your photo shoot tickets you can then relax, walk around the stalls and get a coffee.

7: Wait for your VT numbers to come up. When they do, go get those autos

Note: If you know you're going to want items personalised it's a really good idea to bring a piece of paper with your name clearly written/printed on it. This way you can give it to the guest and there is no chance of spelling mistakes.

Note: As a lot of the guests are £15 SM run out of £5 notes very quickly. So it's always very helpful if you bring along as many £5s as you can.

Note: Some guests will have talks and obviously this means they will have less time for signing, also you don't want to turn up when they've gone for their talk. So do check to see if a guest is doing a talk (Of course you may want to go to it).

1.1 - Show Info:

When is it?

28th-30th July 2017

What are the opening times?

Friday - 9am - 6pm
Saturday - 9am to 6pm
Sunday - 9am to 6pm

Where is it?

Olympia, London - http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/index.php/2014-09-29-15-24-14/venue

How much is entry?

Please see the ticket store.
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/london-film-comic-con-summer-2017-tickets-28652934699

Will there be any more guests?

There is normally a minimum of 80 guests at the show.

Please don't post "Is that all the guests?" as SM will never say YES. As there is always the chance of extra guests at the last minute. So please don't ask.

Can I pre-order an autograph, as I can't make it to the show?

http://www.showmasterssales.com/

1.2 - Ticket Info:

Can I buy entry and talk tickets in advance?

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/london-film-comic-con-summer-2017-tickets-28652934699

Apart from any paid talks, talk tickets are free but available only at the event itself, from the talk area.

What is included in the Standard Gold Pass?

- Entry for all 3 days. You will be getting access to the Venue 5 minutes before General Entry, (This will give you a head start on picking up VQ tickets).
- Access to and priority seating in all talks free and paid (this does not include the Talks of Diamond Guests, these have to be paid separately, and possibly some promotional talks): In Diamond Pass Talks you will be seated behind the Diamond Pass holders.                                                                                                                                                                    - The Gold Pass also includes 2 vouchers for Diamond Pass Talks up to a value of 30 Pounds each.
- Gold pass can be used instead of a virtual queue ticket.  You can join the back of any Virtual Queue, unless the queue has been closed because the guest is headed for a photo shoot etc. (Please note that this does NOT apply for Diamond Guests, where gold pass holders DO still require a VQ ticket.)
- Priority queuing for photo sessions. For Diamond Pass guests you will be called after the Diamond Pass holders.
- 1 voucher for a prop shoot for 5 Pounds (This is only a photo with the prop and can't be used for a prop shoot with a guest)
- 2 free autographs of guests charging 10 Pounds  - we intend to hand the vouchers out with the wristbands
- Gold Pass Goody Bag

What is included in the Diamond Pass?

Alan Tudyk:

1 x Standard Photo Opportunity with Alan Tudyk. Alan Tudyk Diamond Pass Holders will have priority queueing. Please choose the day you want to have your photo taken at check out.

1 x In-person autograph with Alan Tudyk. This can be on either your own personal item or a 10x8 supplied by us. No virtual queue ticket is required, however Alan Tudyk Diamond Pass Holders will be called in batches. Your number can be found on your pass. Not all passholders may be called the first day.

1 x Seat at the Alan Tudyk talk which will take place on Saturday. All Alan Tudyk Diamond Pass holders will have reserved priority seating and do not need to purchase a separate ticket. Exact time of the talk will be confirmed closer to the event. Please check the website for details.

1 x Diamond Pass Exclusive Alan Tudyk Dog Tag

1 x Exclusive print.

Alyson Hannigan:

1 x Standard Photo Opportunity with Alyson Hannigan. Alyson Hannigan Diamond Pass Holders will have priority queueing. Please choose the day you want to have your photo taken at check out.

1 x In-person autograph with Alyson Hannigan. This can be on either your own personal item or a 10x8 supplied by us. No virtual queue ticket is required, however Alyson Hannigan Diamond Pass Holders will be called in batches. Your number can be found on your pass. Not all passholders may be called the first day.

1 x Seat at the Alyson Hannigan/Alexis Denisof which will take place on Sunday. All Alyson Hannigan Pass holders will have reserved priority seating and do not need to purchase a separate ticket. Exact time of the talk will be confirmed closer to the event. Please check the website for details.

1 x Diamond Pass Exclusive Dog Tag

1 x Exclusive Print

Christopher Lloyd:

1 x Photo Opportunity with Christopher Lloyd and the Back to the Future Tombstone. This is the only photo included with the Diamond Pass. Any other photo sessions can be purchased separately.

1 x In-person autograph with Christopher Lloyd. This can be on either your own personal item or a 10x8 supplied by us. No virtual queue ticket is required, however Christopher Lloyd Diamond Pass Holders will be called in batches. Your number can be found on your pass. Not all passholders may be called the first day.

1 x Seat at the Christopher Lloyd talk which will take place on Sunday. All Christopher Lloyd Diamond Pass holders will have reserved priority seating and do not need to purchase a separate ticket. Exact time of the talk will be confirmed closer to the event. Please check the website for details.

1 x Diamond Pass Exclusive Christopher Lloyd Dog Tag

1 x Exclusive print

1x Exclusive Mug

1x Prop Photo Shoot in the Delorean (this is just you and the car)

Conleth Hill:

1 x Standard Photo Opportunity with Conleth Hill on Saturday. Conleth Hill Diamond Pass Holders will have priority queueing. Please choose the day you want to have your photo taken at check out.

1 x In-person autograph with Conleth Hill. This can be on either your own personal item or a 10x8 supplied by us. No virtual queue ticket is required, however Conleth Hill Diamond Pass Holders will be called in batches. Your number can be found on your pass.

1 x Diamond Pass Exclusive Conleth Hill Dog Tag

1 x Exclusive print

Finn Jones:

1 x Standard Photo Opportunity with Finn Jones. Finn Jones Diamond Pass Holders will have priority queueing. Please choose the day you want to have your photo taken at check out.

1 x In-person autograph with Finn Jones. This can be on either your own personal item or a 10x8 supplied by us. No virtual queue ticket is required, however Finn Jones  Diamond Pass Holders will be called in batches. Your number can be found on your pass. Not all passes may be called the first day.

1 x Seat at the Iron Fist talk which will take place on Saturday. All Finn Jones Diamond Pass holders will have reserved priority seating and do not need to purchase a separate ticket. Exact time of the talk will be confirmed closer to the event. Please check the website for details.

1 x Diamond Pass Exclusive Finn Jones Dog Tag

1 x Exclusive print

John Cleese:

1 x Standard Photo Opportunity with John Cleese on Saturday. John Cleese Diamond Pass Holders will have priority queueing. Please choose the day you want to have your photo taken at check out.

1 x In-person autograph with John Cleese. This can be on either your own personal item or a 10x8 supplied by us. No virtual queue ticket is required, however John Cleese  Diamond Pass Holders will be called in batches. Your number can be found on your pass.

1 x Diamond Pass Exclusive John Cleese Dog Tag

1 x Exclusive poster

Mike Colter:

1 x Standard Photo Opportunity with Mike Colter. Mike Colter Diamond Pass Holders will have priority queueing. Please choose the day you want to have your photo taken at check out.

1 x In-person autograph with Mike Colter. This can be on either your own personal item or a 10x8 supplied by us. No virtual queue ticket is required, however Mike Colter Diamond Pass Holders will be called in batches. Your number can be found on your pass. Not all passes may be called the first day.

1 x Seat at the Mike Colter talk which will take place on Saturday. All Mike Colter Diamond Pass holders will have reserved priority seating and do not need to purchase a separate ticket. Exact time of the talk will be confirmed closer to the event. Please check the website for details.

1 x Diamond Pass Exclusive Mike Colter Dog Tag

1 x Exclusive print

Richard Dean Anderson:

1 x Standard Photo Opportunity with Richard Dean Anderson. Richard Dean Anderson Diamond Pass Holders will have priority queueing. Please choose the day you want to have your photo taken at check out.

1 x In-person autograph with Richard Dean Anderson. This can be on either your own personal item or a 10x8 supplied by us. No virtual queue ticket is required, however Richard Dean Anderson  Diamond Pass Holders will be called in batches. Your number can be found on your pass. Not all passes may be called the first day.

1 x Seat at the Richard Dean Anderson talk which will take place on Sunday. All Richard Dean Anderson Diamond Pass holders will have reserved priority seating and do not need to purchase a separate ticket. Exact time of the talk will be confirmed closer to the event. Please check the website for details.

1 x Diamond Pass Exclusive Richard Dean Anderson Dog Tag

1 x Exclusive print

Ron Perlman:

1 x Standard Photo Opportunity with Ron Perlman. Ron Perlman Diamond Pass Holders will have priority queueing. Please choose the day you want to have your photo taken at check out.

2 x In-person autograph with Ron Perlman. This can be on either your own personal item or a 10x8 supplied by us. No virtual queue ticket is required, however Ron Perlman Diamond Pass Holders will be called in batches. Your number can be found on your pass. Not all passes may be called the first day.

1 x Seat at the Ron Perlman talk which will take place on Sunday. All Ron Perlman Diamond Pass holders will have reserved priority seating and do not need to purchase a separate ticket. Exact time of the talk will be confirmed closer to the event. Please check the website for details.

1 x Diamond Pass Exclusive Ron Perlman Dog Tag

1 x Exclusive print

Steven Yeun:

1 x Standard Photo Opportunity with Steven Yeun. Steven Yeun Diamond Pass Holders will have priority queueing. Please choose the day you want to have your photo taken at check out.

1 x In-person autograph with Steven Yeun. This can be on either your own personal item or a 10x8 supplied by us. No virtual queue ticket is required, however Steven Yeun Diamond Pass Holders will be called in batches. Your number can be found on your pass. Not all passes may be called on the first day.

1 x Diamond Pass Exclusive Dog Tag

1 x Exclusive print

If you want more autographs than covered by your Diamond Pass from a Diamond Pass guest you can get them when you go through with the pass, but you have to pay for the extras. You do not have to line up again. The maximum limit of 5 items still applies then.

Terrence Stamp:

1 x Standard Photo Opportunity with Terrence Stamp on Saturday. Terrence Stamp Diamond Pass Holders will have priority queueing.

2 x In-person autograph with Terrence Stamp. This can be on either your own personal item or a 10x8 supplied by us. No virtual queue ticket is required, however Terrence Stamp  Diamond Pass Holders will be called in batches. Your number can be found on your pass.

1 x Diamond Pass Exclusive Terrence Stamp Dog Tag

Tom Skerritt:

1 x Standard Photo Opportunity with Tom Skerritt. Tom Skerritt Diamond Pass Holders will have priority queueing. Please choose the day you want to have your photo taken at check out.

1 x In-person autograph with Tom Skerritt. This can be on either your own personal item or a 10x8 supplied by us. No virtual queue ticket is required, however Tom Skerritt  Diamond Pass Holders will be called in batches. Your number can be found on your pass. Not all passes may be called the first day.

1 x Seat at the Alien talk which will take place on Saturday. All Tom Skeritt Diamond Pass holders will have reserved priority seating and do not need to purchase a separate ticket. Exact time of the talk will be confirmed closer to the event. Please check the website for details.

1 x Diamond Pass Exclusive Tom Skerritt Dog Tag

1 x Exclusive print

Tom Wilson:

1 x Standard Photo Opportunity with Tom Wilson and the Back to the Future Tombstone. Please choose the day you want to have your photo taken at check out.

1 x In-person autograph with Tom Wilson. This can be on either your own personal item or a 10x8 supplied by us. No virtual queue ticket is required, however Finn Jones  Diamond Pass Holders will be called in batches. Your number can be found on your pass. Not all passes may be called the first day.

1 x Seat at the Back to the Future talk which will take place on Saturday. All Tom Wilson Diamond Pass holders will have reserved priority seating and do not need to purchase a separate ticket. Exact time of the talk will be confirmed closer to the event. Please check the website for details.

1 x Diamond Pass Exclusive Tom Wilson Dog Tag

1 x Exclusive Mug

1 x Exclusive print

Wil Wheaton:

1 x Standard Photo Opportunity with Wil Wheaton. Wil Wheaton Diamond Pass Holders will have priority queueing. Please choose the day you want to have your photo taken at check out.

1 x In-person autograph with Wil Wheaton. This can be on either your own personal item or a 10x8 supplied by us. No virtual queue ticket is required, however Wil Wheaton  Diamond Pass Holders will be called in batches. Your number can be found on your pass. Not all passes may be called the first day.

1 x Seat at the Wil Wheaton talk which will take place on Saturday. All Wil Wheaton Diamond Pass holders will have reserved priority seating and do not need to purchase a separate ticket. Exact time of the talk will be confirmed closer to the event. Please check the website for details.

1 x Exclusive Mug

1 x Diamond Pass Exclusive Wil Wheaton Dog Tag

1 x Exclusive print

Is it worth pre-booking a ticket?

The event has significantly grown in size. A ticket cap has been put in place due to that. Any tickets not sold out (entry, Diamond Pass, photo shoot, talks) will be on sale at the show.

At the end of the day it's up to you.

What cards are taken at the online shop?

VISA
Mastercard
Amex
Visa Debit

2 - ON THE DAY:

2.1 - Autograph Info:

How much are the guests autographs and what days will they be there?

If you have a Diamond Pass and want more than the autographs included with your pass you can get them when you go through, but you will need to purchase extras.

What ways can I pay for an autograph?

Cash - You pay the crew member at the guests desk.

Credit Card - You can pay for autographs by credit card at the photo shoot/ credit card sales desk. You will be buying show vouchers. These are not guess specific and come is various denominations (£5, £10, £20). You then use these vouchers like cash at the autograph desk.

What pictures will a guest have?

SM do not post what pictures a guest will have in advance. There are reasons for this that I'm not going to go into. When you get there you can ask to see the pictures and if there are none you like you could go and buy one. There are always lots of stalls with good quality 8x10 photos. Saying that it's always a good idea that if you want a specific image signed, get it in advance and bring it with you.

Are there any restrictions on what items can be signed?

It really depends on the guest. Some are very picky some aren't. Basically if you THINK there is a CHANCE the guest will not sign your item. e.g. It's not official, it's a nude/semi-nude picture. Then make sure you have a back up.

You may want to bring along another item or picture with you but do remember when you pay for an autograph you are entitled to one of the guests 8x10 pictures for free. So do take one, that way if the guest will not sign your item for whatever reason you have the picture to be signed instead.

2.2 - Organising your day:

I have an issue, what do I do?

If it's something minor, the first thing to do is talk to a member of the crew. They're pretty easy to spot and they'll do all they can to help. If they can't they'll escalate it.

If it's something pretty serious then go to the Organisers Booth. One of the shows organisers is always on hand there to sort out any problems you may have. Be it a problem with a stall holder, a crew member or a lost bag.

Sending Showmasters an email or posting on the forum later isn't very constructive as it's normally too late for them to do anything about it. Please do go straight to the organisers booth as soon as possible so that they have a chance to rectify the problem.

What's the basic layout of the hall for LFCC?

Please see

Can I come and go as I want?

When you leave for the first time you will be given a stamp on the back of your hand so that you can leave and re-enter as many times as you like.

What are the guests like? A WARNING!!

The guests are only human. I'm not going to get into the "They get paid to be there they should be nice to everyone" argument. They have bad days just like the rest of us. Most of the guests are very nice and polite, but do be aware the guests will not always live up to your expectations and might be grumpy, not talkative or even just sign your picture without looking up at you. Basically it's always safer to start with low expectations rather than expecting the world and being upset when you don't get it.

Saying this though, don't forget that we all react better to a smile than a frown. Go up to the guest smiling and looking happy to meet them and you're more likely to get a good response in return.

What time do the guests arrive?

Normally they are there at opening, but can and does change.

What time do the guests have lunch?

Guests go for lunch anytime between about 12:00 and 14:00 for about an hour. So don't worry if they're not there. They'll be back.

What time do the guests stop signing?

As a norm if a guest is busy they will continue signing until the end of the show. But it is not a good idea to leave it this late. Sometimes if a guests queue goes quiet they will leave at about 16:30. So as a rule of thumb don't leave it until after 16:30 to join a guests queue.

One other thing to be aware of is guests will have talks and obviously this means they will have less time for signing, also you don't want to turn up when they've gone for their talk. So do check to see if a guest is doing a talk (Of course you may want to go to it).

2.3 - Queuing inside and out:

Where do I queue outside before the event, and how do the queues work?

Gold Pass Holders: Collection and Entrance will be located at The Grand Hall Entrance on Olympia Way opposite the Kensington Olympia Station.

Main Entrance - Including Pre Paid Tickets / Pay on the day / Disabled / Extra Help and Diamond Pass Collection Is located and accessed via Gate H Entrance and Diamond Pass Collection will be located at the Grand Hall Entrance on Olympia Way (Opposite Kensington Olympia Station)

What are Virtual Queues and Virtual Tickets and how do they work?

To help cut down the amount of time you have to spend standing in a queue SM have introduced a virtual queuing system. When you go to meet one of the busier guests, instead of everyone standing in an "real" queue you will be handed a ticket with a number on it (your Virtual Ticket). This number is your position in the "virtual" queue. Only around 30 people stand in the "real" queue. You can join this "real" queue once your position in the "virtual" queue is reached. Think of it like taking a number in a doctors waiting room. You will know your position is reached when your Virtual Ticket number is called.

This system means once you have your VT for a guest you are free to wander around the event, join other queues and get other VTs.

This system is only used on the busier guests, for the quieter guests you will just join the "real" queue straight away.

Note: You do not pay for the Virtual Tickets they are free. You pay per autograph when you come back and join the "real" queue.

Note: Virtual Tickets are given out ONE PER PERSON, you will only be given one ticket. If you want to get a ticket for a friend there is nothing stopping you from joining the queue again and getting another ticket Just remember it will only be one ticket for each time you queue up.

Note: Only a ticket holder will be able to join the queue once their number is called. If you are planning to accompany someone (to take photographs or help carry bags, etc) you will still need a ticket, even if you are not planning on getting an autograph yourself. This does also apply to adults accompanying children.

Virtual Ticket numbers for guests will be announced (in batches of around 30) once the previous group of people in the "real" queue have their autographs.

Once your Virtual Ticket number is called you can then join the much smaller "real" queue. There will of course still be some queuing involved in the "real" queue! If you don't want to have to keep going back to the guests queue to see what number they are up to, you can check one of the white boards around the hall. These are kept up to date every 30 minutes or so.

The numbers shown are for any number UP TO that number. You can go up anytime after your number is called. So if you have ticket number 100 and the board is showing 200, this is fine, you haven't missed your turn.

Diamond Pass holders are called by numbers for the guest they have a Diamond Pass for. Should they miss this signing time they can join the end of the line for a guest at any time unless the crew has to cut the line off as explained above.

What time are Virtual Tickets given out?

Virtual Tickets start to be given out at the shows opening time and not before.

How much are Virtual Tickets?

You do not pay for the Virtual Tickets they are free. You pay per autograph when you come back and join the "real" queue.

Can I get a Virtual Ticket for a friend?

No, Virtual Tickets are given out ONE PER PERSON, you will only be given one ticket. If you want to get a ticket for a friend there is nothing stopping you from joining the queue again and getting another ticket Just remember it will only be one ticket for each time you queue up.

If I get a Virtual Ticket for a guest and don't get to see them can I use it the next day?

No, Virtual Tickets are only valid on the day you are given them.

2.4 - Seeing the guests:

Can I have a photo with a guest when I get an autograph and will the guests be doing personalisations?

The simple answer is "normally YES" but there is no guarantee of getting either, see below for more info.

Note: There is no extra charge for either.

The norm is posed photos - the guest gets up and puts there arm around you. Sometimes there will be a member of the crew there to take the photo for you. If not ask someone in the queue behind you.

If the guest is very busy a sign "No posed photos" will be put up at the end of the queue and behind the guest. You may take photos of the guest whilst they are signing your item but the guest will not pose with you for a shot.

Sometimes there will be no photos. Again there will be a sign saying "No photos" at the end of the queue and behind the guest. This means no photos including from the queue. This can be because of time, but more likely at the request of the guest.

As a norm guests do personalisations (i.e. add your name or a quote). However again sometimes it is necessary for there to be no personalisations. Due to the guest being busy etc. If for any reason a guest is not doing personalisations there will be a sign up at the end of their queue and behind them at the signing desk.

The signs (photo and personalisations) can and do change thoughout the day, so do check for the signs when you go up to get your autograph, as they may have changed since you got your VT.

Please do remember that the signs are there for a reason, don't try and ignore them because the crew will have to intervene and it can get very embarrassing for all (especially the guest).

If you know you're going to want items personalised it's a really good idea to bring a piece of paper with your name clearly written/printed on it. This way you can give it to the guest and there is no chance of spelling mistakes.

Can I go up with my friend/partner/child to see the guest, I'm not getting an autograph?

The answer is yes. But please be aware that if it is not an open queue you WILL need your own VT. Without a VT you will not be allowed to join the queue with your friend/partner/child. They are free so please make sure you take one when your friend/partner does. This does also apply to adults accompanying children.

Can I see a guest without paying for an autograph?

Note: This applies to both having a chat or just taking a photo!

Firstly the best thing to do is (as above) to go up with someone that is getting an autograph. Please be aware that if it's not an open queue you will need your own VT to join the queue.

If you don't have someone who's getting an autograph to go up with, then the follow guide lines apply:

For guests with a separate photo table, as long as they have no queue, please go and ask the member of crew at the end of the queue, or on the photo table. The crew will be able to tell you at the time if it's OK for you to go and speak to the guest.

For minor guests without a separate photo table feel free to chat to the guest, but again only if there is no queue.

Three things to remember if you're going up without someone buying an autograph:

1: Paying customers have priority, so if you're talking to a guest and a paying customer arrives you should move along straight away.

2: Virtual Tickets are for people wanting autographs, please don't take them if you just want to meet the guest. Even with a VT you will not be allowed into the queue without paying for an autograph. As I've said above if there is NO queue then you can ask if it's OK.

3: The show is there to make money, it's how we get such good guests in the first place. So do not take it personally if the crew says no. There can be reasons that are not obvious to you as to why they've had to say no.

The main thing to remember is THEY ARE ONLY HUMAN. Yes they've been on TV or in a film but they're no different to you or I. What would you say to someone you meet in the pub? Just be yourself.

So a good start is:

Hi, I'm YOUR NAME. It's nice to meet you, how are you today?

Not a good start:

Wibble...*stare*...*giggle*...*run*

How friendly you can or should be with the guests is obviously a personal thing to both you and the guest. Like with anyone you meet you can normally gauge if someone is going to like personal interaction or not. Just use your common sense. If the guest looks happy and bouncy and you want to hug or kiss the guest. Ask nicely and maybe you'll be lucky. Pretty much all the guests are happy to shake your hand, so just put it out there

You may have a specific question you want to ask. Just ask it.
If not, you can always use the old tried and tested ones:

What are you working on at the moment?
Did you enjoy working on xxxxxx?
Do you keep in touch with anyone from xxxxxx?
What's your favourite episode/scene from xxxxxx?
Do you enjoy doing events like this?
If they're from the US - How do the UK events compare to the US ones?

If you hadn't guessed you may want to replace xxxxxx with the name of the film or program you liked them in

Can I give a guest a present?

There is no problem with giving gifts. Please do be aware that the guests rarely take these things with them when they leave.

Basically don't waste your money on anything too expensive. Either go for something they may like to eat or drink (sweets, chocolate, beer, but not home made things as they're unlikely to eat them as they won't know what's in them). Or give them something different and personal. I know one girl on here that gives people vegetables. Sounds odd but they remember her and that's the point really, you want them to remember you from the crowd.

Trust me you'll get the same positive reaction out of a £1 bag of sweets or a 4 pack of beer as you will out of a £10 generic teddy bear and they're more likely to enjoy the sweets, than to take the bear home.

2.4 - Miscellaneous Info:

Is there a cloakroom/place to store bags?

Yes, the venue runs such facilities. Please follow the signs. One of the rooms is on the first floor near the elevators. The usual charge is 1 Pound per item, 2 Pounds for larger items.

I have a weekend ticket. Do I have to get my ticket checked daily?

No, wristbands are being handed out the first time you enter. Just show your wristband for entry on the other days.

I can't attend. Can I still obtain autographs?

Yes! Just visit the Website http://www.showmasterssales.com for the official preorder Service.

Edited by StuartG2198
  • Like 1

3 - PHOTO SHOOTS:

What photo shoots are there and how much are they?

Photo session tickets are separated in batches. For the busy sections the will be called in batch order.

The 2017 schedule can be found here: 

How it works:

1) Photo session tickets are split in different batches. For larger photo sessions you will be called in batches, usually batches of 100. Diamond Passes will go through first for the Diamond Guests.

Gold Passes get priority after Diamond Passes and are called first for all non Diamond Guest shoots.

If you have a Gold or Diamond Pass Pass and arrive after the shoot has started let crew know. They'll sort you in accordingly.

For extremely busy photo shoots where there are 2 shoots, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Usually the first 4 or 5 batches will be called in the morning and the remaining ones in the afternoon. If you have tickets in the batch 1 to 5 range you can still go in the afternoon section. If you have a ticket for the afternoon session and can not make the afternoon session please talk to the crew and they will try and help.

2) Your photo will be taken by a professional photographer.

3) The shot will be taken in front of a backdrop and with lighting to ensure the best possible image.
4) You will be standing beside the guest, and not leaning over a table.
5) Your picture will be a 6 by 9 colour photo and, all being equal, should be ready for collection as you leave the photo shoot area.
5) All of this combined should provide you with something unique and special.

Tickets for the prop photo sessions are not available in advance, you just queue up on the day and pay.

Current prop photos announced:

The Big Bang Theory Set - Ten Pounds

Guardians of the Galaxy "Groot" - price 5 Pounds

DeLorean from Back to the Future - Price TBC

1980 Tardis Console Green Screen - Price TBC

Anglia Ford from Harry Potter - Price TBC

Emperor's Chair Green Screen from Star Wars - TBC

Captain's Chair Green Screen from Star Trek - TBC

The Areas for the prop shots will be marked accordingly on the floor plan. Tardis Console and Emperor's Chair will be in the Green Screen Area.

What if I have a clash?

If you have a clash with a paid for talk or another photo shoot...

Talk to crew at the photo shoot and they will do their best to get you through as quickly as possible so you can get to your other activity.

If it's two photo shoots that are clashing, always go first to the photo shoot that starts first. If both start at the same time, go to the one that is shorter first.

If you have concerns about your photo shoot times please feel free to post on the schedule thread so a moderator or experienced user can advise you.  Please be sure to include as much information as possible including Guest, batch number, day and what the clash is.

Does this mean I can't take a picture of the guest during the autograph session?

No, there will be no restriction on taking posed photos at their autograph table because of the photo shoots. The photo shoot is purely an added extra for those that would like it.

There is of course the chance that due to time constraints or the guests wishes that posed photos will be stopped at their autograph table.

What happens if it doesn't come out for some other reason?

Before you leave the photo area, speak to a member of the crew, you will go back in and have a retake.

Where will it be?

They will be within the main hall. Maps will be available on the day.

Where do you get the tickets?

Pre-sold from the
online shop or at the show if any are still available.

How many tickets can I buy at once?

There is no limit on the number you can buy. You can buy more than 1, i.e. for friends or others without internet access.

Although if you're thinking you'll buy 20 to get more time with the guest(s), you should remember that its the moving people in and out of shot which takes time - photographing two stationery people 20 times takes a lot less time than photographing 20 different couples.

Can my friend and I both be in the same picture?

The simple answer is yes, but you will both have to have a ticket. It is one ticket per person! You can then pose together in two photos and one copy of each will be developed. Children need their own tickets unless they're little and we are talking babes in arms.

If you buy only one ticket you CAN NOT have two people in the one shot!

Note: No more than 2 people will be allowed in the shot.

Can I order extra prints?

Not at the show. The photoshoot images will be available to buy as JPEGs after the show. If you buy your JPEG you can of course use it to get extra prints. The cost per JPEG is 5 Pounds. In link for the download site will be posted on the Forum after the Event once all Pictures have been uploaded.

What time will the prints be ready?

As you leave the photo shoot area. We use instant printing.

How many tickets will be sold?

Anywhere between 20 and 1000 depending on the guest.

Can I ask for an autograph during the photo shoot?

The simple answer is no, the photo shoots operate very quickly, as a general rule you will have the opportunity to say a quick hello to the guest before the picture is taken and the next person is brought forward.

The Small Print:
Showmasters reserves the right to refuse anyone from taking part in the photo shoot; if payment has already been made then we will refund them.

Edited by StuartG2198

4 - TALKS:

What talks will there be?

Each free talk is usually for half an hour, with a gap afterwards to allow the hall to empty and the next audience to be seated. Paid for talks last about 45 minutes. Every person, children included, will need a ticket to attend the talks on the main stage.

Where do I get talk tickets from?

FREE talks do not require a ticket, they are first come first served.

PAID talk tickets will be on sale from the on-line store. Any not sold in advance will be sold on the day from the sales desks.

Gold Pass holders: Paid for tickets are included as long as no promotional talks or talks of Diamond Pass guests. Two vouchers for Diamond Pass talks up to 30 Pounds are included with your tickets.

Diamond Passes only grant access to the talks in their respective Diamond Pass package. If the passholders wish to attend other talks they need to pick up respectively buy tickets.

How much are the talks?

Alan Tudyk - 10 Pounds       DIAMOND TALK

Alien Talk - 20 Pounds       DIAMOND TALK

Back to the Future - 20 Pounds         DIAMOND TALK

Iron Fist - 15 Pounds        DIAMOND TALK

Hellboy (Ron Perlman, Doug Jones, James Dodd) - 20 Pounds

Mike Colter - 25 Pounds      DIAMOND TALK

Superman (Margot Kidder, Terrence Stamp, Sarah Douglas, Jack O'Halloran)  - 30 Pounds

Wil Wheaton - 15 Pounds   DIAMOND TALK

Alyson Hannigan & Alexis Denisof - 30 Pounds    DIAMOND TALK

Christpher Lloyd - 15 Pounds    DIAMOND TALK

DC Extended Universe (Joe Dinicol, Doug Jones) - 20 Pounds

Doctor Who: The Doctors (Sylvester McCoy, Colin Baker) - 20 Pounds

Lucifer (Tricia Helfer, Aimee Garcia) - 20 Pounds

Marvel Universe (Finn Jones, Mike Colter, Wai Ching Ho, Tom Pelphrey) - 30 Pounds

Richard Dean Anderson - 15 Pounds   DIAMOND TALK

Star Trek (Wil Wheaton, Andrew Robinson) - 20 Pounds

All guests appear subject to work commitments.

All other talks are free.

Where will the talks be?

They will be held on site, the talk areas will be clearly shown on the show layout.

Are the talk tickets seat numbered?

PAID talks:

In Diamond pass talks there will be a reserved area at the front.

After Diamond is in Gold Passes will be seated. Once the Gold Passes are in that area is considered the Gold Seating area.

Then the remaining tickets will enter in batch order.

Please note: the system may change from batch order to first come, first served on the day if needed.

What time should I get to a talk?

If you want to sit in the front 3-4 rows (after the reserved areas) you need to be there about 30 minutes before the talk.

Can I stay in my seat if I have a ticket for the next talk?

Sorry but no. The talk area will be emptied before the next talk begins. Although this may seem unfair to someone who is in the previous talk and wants to see the next talk, it would be equally unfair for someone who only wants to see the second talk to end up at the back of the area even though they have been queuing for half an hour. It's swings and roundabouts I'm afraid.

Can I get autographs at the talks?

No, it is a talk only. The main event is for autographs.

Can I have photos with the guests at the talks?

No. This is what photo shoots are for.

Edited by StuartG2198

Surprise!

You will realize that the "quick jumps" to the sub-sections are gone. Unfortunately I have not been able to recreate these with the new forum version yet, but I am trying.

I just figured I'd get this up soon because we have so many newbies on here asking questions. You will also notice that some info is still from 2016 - this is for the same reasons. I at least wanted this up with an indication what would happen.

• Like 5

Not a good start:

Wibble...*stare*...*giggle*...*run*  I will have to come up with a plan E then as they were A-D :huh:

I have my Rabbit in the headlights look down to a tee ;)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Finn Jones:

1 x Standard Photo Opportunity with Finn Jones. Finn Jones Diamond Pass Holders will have priority queueing. Please choose the day you want to have your photo taken at check out.

1 x In-person autograph with Finn Jones. This can be on either your own personal item or a 10x8 supplied by us. No virtual queue ticket is required, however Finn Jones  Diamond Pass Holders will be called in batches. Your number can be found on your pass. Not all passes may be called the first day.

1 x Seat at the Iron Fist talk which will take place on Sunday. All Finn Jones Diamond Pass holders will have reserved priority seating and do not need to purchase a separate ticket. Exact time of the talk will be confirmed closer to the event. Please check the website for details.

1 x Diamond Pass Exclusive Finn Jones Dog Tag

1 x Exclusive print

Why the talk is on Sunday while on the store it's written it'll be the Saturday? Hope the day did not change because I've a diamond pass for him and I can't attend the Sunday :crying:

12 minutes ago, Aurele said:

Why the talk is on Sunday while on the store it's written it'll be the Saturday? Hope the day did not change because I've a diamond pass for him and I can't attend the Sunday :crying:

Exclusive Iron Fist Diamond Talk - Saturday 29th July 2017   more info    29 Jul 2017 It is listed as Saturday in the shop. The Marvel Universe Talk is on Sunday so Maybe QS has just made a mistake on that one.

33 minutes ago, gazths1 said:

Exclusive Iron Fist Diamond Talk - Saturday 29th July 2017   more info    29 Jul 2017 It is listed as Saturday in the shop. The Marvel Universe Talk is on Sunday so Maybe QS has just made a mistake on that one.

I thought to a mistake too but I prefered to ask to be sure. Thanks ;)

56 minutes ago, gazths1 said:

Yes, sorry, copy and paste error from my template. Saturday is correct.

38 minutes ago, CatherineRice said:

A few of the diamond pass descriptions say "Finn Jones" lower down the contents rather than the actual guest. Simple c&p error but you know people will question it. B) Wheaton, Skerritt, Wilson and RDA. 

Thank you - now corrected. That what happens when you try to get something like this finished while there's 16 Adam West bushfires at the same time.

How much to buy a JPEG from the photo shoot library online? What happens on the website once I have bought it? 

27 minutes ago, ComicConFan said:

How much to buy a JPEG from the photo shoot library online? What happens on the website once I have bought it? 

5 Pounds. Thanks, I will get this added when the site decides it lets me edit again. :lol:

What do you mean with "what happens on the website"? You mean the ordering process?

1 minute ago, misssaigonaddict said:

Have entrances been confirmed queen so same as last years LFCC 2016 standard entrance red arrow to Olympia west for 2017 

I think that might be covered under section 2.3 saying its to be confirmed, misssaigon. :smile:

6 minutes ago, ComicConFan said:

Usually, how long would it typically take to queue for a photo shoot? 

That's a bit like asking how long is a piece of string I'm afraid.  It depends on so many factors not least of which is when you turn up in relation to what batch you have.

It shouldn't be too long, if you turn up when your batch is going through I'd guess maybe 15/20 mins to get through?  That is just a guess though as I haven't had a shoot for a while and obviously depends on nothing happening to slow it down

Edited by Raylenth

5 minutes ago, misssaigonaddict said:

Have entrances been confirmed queen so same as last years LFCC 2016 standard entrance red arrow to Olympia west for 2017 

I can't do more than bolding "To be confirmed", misssaigon. It's clearly written under 2.3 like wjbleming has said.