Answers to FAQ

22 minutes ago, manicmadge said:

Hello Everyone my names Sandie and im new to all this, i was wondering if someone could help me, i have emailed 6 times now to ask about disabled help and i havent got a reply and i rang and after a couple of minutes the phone went dead, i just want to know if there is a disabled entrance and is there separate queues for disabled people? thank you in advance for any replies xxx

Have you e-mailed extrahelp@showmastersevents.com as given in the introduction Posts? That's odd, their backlog is not that bad at the Moment.

If you want to try and call the Office I'd suggest you wait until about 11 or so. It's just after 8 and there's not much staff in today because Play Expo is on this Weekend. Actually I am not totally sure if everyone is travelling. You may not get a phone Response before Tuesday.

I will be printing my own photos for autographs (to make shure I have an autograph on a photo I like).

But I have checked on http://www.showmasterssales.com and I've seen that some of the guests I'm interested in have the photo I'm printing already shown as provided by SM! Are those for pre-order only? Does it mean that those photos will be there on the day? So I could print less if I know that I'll get the exact same ones on the event.

I'm interested in those photos for autographs:

David Bradley from Adventure in Space and Time (http://www.showmasterssales.com/homepage/prod_6103286-David-Bradley-show-provided-image-B-10x8-LFCC-2017.html)

Mark Williams from Doctor Who (http://www.showmasterssales.com/homepage/prod_5727117-Mark-Williams-show-provided-image-D-LFCC-2017.html)

Nicola Bryant from Doctor Who (http://www.showmasterssales.com/homepage/prod_5727171-Nicola-Bryant-show-provided-image-B-LFCC-2017.html)

Matthew Waterhouse from Doctor Who (http://www.showmasterssales.com/homepage/prod_5727129-Matthew-Waterhouse-show-provided-image-A-LFCC-2017.html)

Richard Franklin from Doctor Who (http://www.showmasterssales.com/homepage/prod_5727249-Richard-Franklin-show-provided-image-A-LFCC-2017.html)

Louise Jameson from Doctor Who (http://www.showmasterssales.com/homepage/prod_5864555-Louise-Jameson-show-provided-image-B-LFCC-2017.html)

3 hours ago, chayanua said:

what does "with collectors book" mean at the photoshoot tickets? can'tremember I read this a few weeks ago? 

Answered only a few posts above yours too.

On 13.7.2017 at 10:40 PM, Queen_Sindel said:

And our winner is... smithy!

It is a wallet/book that the photo now comes with for protection.

I don't have further info than that, but I hope this helps. I wouldn't expect a leather bound folder with gold inscription though. ;)

Everyone, you'd help us immensely if you'd at least skim through the last couple of posts in a topic and the first page of the forum maybe if something new pops up. Chances are it's already been explained what that "something" is. ;)

• Like 2

Well editing THAT is the least of a problem. :P

But in case you didn't notice, right now I am running this solo because Stuart is working. If it wasn't for the assistance of some lovely users on here I would have lost my mind several weeks ago. I'm actually one step before removing my e-mail address on here because it's becoming complaints central and something just happened which I really don't want a repeat of.

Anyway, not having to answer the same questions 5 times in a day would really, really make my life a lot easier.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Well editing THAT is the least of a problem. :P

But in case you didn't notice, right now I am running this solo because Stuart is working. If it wasn't for the assistance of some lovely users on here I would have lost my mind several weeks ago. I'm actually one step before removing my e-mail address on here because it's becoming complaints central and something just happened which I really don't want a repeat of.

Anyway, not having to answer the same questions 5 times in a day would really, really make my life a lot easier.

My joking aside... i can understand we can be pretty infuriating. all quick to ask the same question without checking if its already been asked, and just generally i think we are pretty good at driving you mods slowly insane (or maybe not so slow).

so knowing its only going to get a lot more mental over the next two weeks... thanks to all of you for putting up with us :) your help is invaluable, even though we may not always say it!

• Like 2

This is why I am begging to stop in the beginning . it will get a lot worse in the next 2 weeks. Did anyone say schedule? :P

I certainly don't mind anyone e-mailing me, that's why the address is/was there in the first place. However, some attendees are starting to get outrageous. I explained at the first Sherlocked: I was getting calls at home and on my mobile then. I've been having people yell at me because they don't like the office's reply speed for years. It's never been as bad as this year though. We've been repeating on here til we are blue in the face that the office is backlogged. If you tell me you e-mailed the store 4 working days ago, they have not replied and since then you "repeatedly e-mailed any Showmasters address you could find" because they did not get any reply you are not getting any brownie points either. I've had about 30 e-mails like this this week alone. A lot of these were repeats that already got the same reply on here.

And now tonight someone tried to sign up with my e-mail account to a pay p*rn site. I only use this address on this forum here. So unless we have a really major hacking coincidence who not only matched my e-mail, but also the user name... Thankfully the site sent a confirmation link and I could stop the whole thing. But this is really going too far now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

This is why I am begging to stop in the beginning . it will get a lot worse in the next 2 weeks. Did anyone say schedule? :P

I certainly don't mind anyone e-mailing me, that's why the address is/was there in the first place. However, some attendees are starting to get outrageous. I explained at the first Sherlocked: I was getting calls at home and on my mobile then. I've been having people yell at me because they don't like the office's reply speed for years. It's never been as bad as this year though. We've been repeating on here til we are blue in the face that the office is backlogged. If you tell me you e-mailed the store 4 working days ago, they have not replied and since then you "repeatedly e-mailed any Showmasters address you could find" because they did not get any reply you are not getting any brownie points either. I've had about 30 e-mails like this this week alone. A lot of these were repeats that already got the same reply on here.

And now tonight someone tried to sign up with my e-mail account to a pay p*rn site. I only use this address on this forum here. So unless we have a really major hacking coincidence who not only matched my e-mail, but also the user name... Thankfully the site sent a confirmation link and I could stop the whole thing. But this is really going too far now.

i totally agree! that is going way too far, and im sorry you are getting so much hassle :( people need to calm down a bit... SM has always come through and the events are well organised, whilst i know your intentions are good, QS, and are trying to help... i suggest removing your email if its being abused in such a way. Good intentions dont deserve to be repaid in that way!

and i can only apologise on behalf of whatever moron tried to do that, as im guessing you will never get an apology out of them or them owning up sadly!

• Like 1

Thank you, but I can't prove it. I am sure I am right, but SM could get in trouble if I just throw a name out there. I'm pretty sure I don't want to contact a site like that trying to find out the IP of the original try, and if I did that they would never ever react anyway.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Thank you, but I can't prove it. I am sure I am right, but SM could get in trouble if I just throw a name out there. I'm pretty sure I don't want to contact a site like that trying to find out the IP of the original try, and if I did that they would never ever react anyway.

yhh you are right on both fronts.... ahh well, Avengers will be on standby if they try anything more!

23 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I know I am very much into customer service, and can be quite demanding myself (its not me that's emailing SM though :lol:) because I give the best for my customers, I naturally expect the same from any businesses I use.  Coupled with being an Aussie, therefore thoroughly sarcastic which doesn't always translate well in Europe.  However, I digress, this action above, is not just nasty, its childish and way below the belt  and I hope whoever did it, is totally ashamed of themselves.

If you don't already, are you able to use an automated response to emails which informs customers their message has been received and that you're working really hard in bringing comic con to life but you'll will be answered within ** hours/days.  Most people will be happy to wait if they have that information, rather than not knowing and keep emailing.

There's a great search facility at the top of the page, for anyone that has a burning question, as it may have already been answered.  I found some interesting info today from a 2013 thread!

21 minutes ago, Stassy said:

There's a great search facility at the top of the page, for anyone that has a burning question, as it may have already been answered.  I found some interesting info today from a 2013 thread!

You do have to be careful when reading info from previous shows, as there have been many changes on how some things work in recent years.

10 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

You do have to be careful when reading info from previous shows, as there have been many changes on how some things work in recent years.

Oh, I was just having a nose at general things on the older forums, nothing specific, but still some usual tips in there :D .   The search facility is still a useful tool thought, as we can narrow the search within a date range and whatever you search for brings up the latest comment first anyway, hopefully nobody can go wrong with that ;).  I think human habit is ask question first, search for answer later!!

• Like 1

Thanks Stassy. I am no on an official SM e-mail, so I would have to find out if the system is capable of doing that.

But at the moment I honestly doubt even that would help. I posted in here that the current wait time was at least so and so many business days a while ago. Someone replied to that thread, even quoting my post, complaining about the too long wait time... they were not even close to the wait time I had given.

Giving people things to read doesn't mean they comprehend unfortunately.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fotocination said:

Hi there from Germany!

my question is will there be hasbro sdcc exclusives sold like last year? I think it was a1 Toys that sold the obi wan black series last year...

cheers

If there is, they'll be announced on here and social media, Foto. :smile: