You know Pele yeah?

natedammit

I never thought I would get a chance to meet Pele in my lifetime, a true footballing genius from my younger days, so to have my pic taken and have him sign something today was a dream come true. So many people I met today have said the same. He was so lovely, not wanting to let go of your hand and trying to have a quick chat once the photo had been taken. Pity we had to be ushered away to keep things moving otherwise we'd probably still be there.

Thank you Pele. You're a true gent sir.

• Like 3

Second the thank you for arranging Pele, i'm stilling buzzing over meeting him. I've met a few guests now in the last couple of years since going to cons, most guests great to meet but this was something different a complete new level.

• Like 1

Totally agree, how lovely it was to meet such a legend, he actually thanked ME for coming to see HIM!! - I was like, no Sir Pele, the honour is all mine!

thanks guys for organising him to come to this event, what a magical once in a life time opportunity to actually meet the man himself - #dream

• Like 2

I shook the hand of a god :-) I still haven't washed it ;-)

What an absolute gentleman he was, like's been said before I genuinely think he wanted a good conversation with everyone :-)

Now, any chance of Sir Bobby Charlton? ;-)

• Like 1

I'm glad this thread is here, whether it was Showmasters themselves or one of their partners who bought him to the event, they have my thanks. I've been lucky enough to meet some incredible people at Showmasters events down the years, but meeting him was something else again. 

• Like 2

I met the lady who is said to be the worlds biggest celebrity and such an iconic figure, she even appears on stamps, and I have to say this experience certainly matched that. Just to meet and have a photo with him shaking my hand, I never ever thought that would happen in my wildest dreams. He was so humble as well, I said it was truly an honour to meet him and he replied that the honour was all his. He even kept hold of my hand after the photo was taken to have a little chat, before we were moved on for the next person. Then when he was signing my boot he noticed my camera and stopped and posed for the photograph. it was a truly awesome experience which I will never forget, not even when I come back down to earth. Thank you so much Showmasters for arranging this once in a lifetime opportunity.

• Like 2