Super Staff

jakeblue

I know there will be plenty of threads regarding the day but I just wanted to give a shout out to the staff at today's event.

Everyone i spoke to was polite, friendly and courteous and I want to give a special shot out to the guy in the blue crew shirt who was dealing with the pele photoshoot issues as he was unflustered and sorted it out to the very best of his abilities.

Also to the woman scanning tickets as we entered the photoshoots for Christian and HTM as she was under friendly and enthusiastic.

Overall the day was great (few grumbles aside) as we're all the guests I met. 

Oh and great to see that you're coming back to the nec next year.....#pleasegetkanehodder

• Like 1

Glad to see a topic like this, all the crew were great. Want to give a shout out to the crew handing out photos at area c for Michael Shanks and Ben Browders joint shoot - my photo came out and Michael was grimacing :( but a quick chat to the crew and they sorted it out for me to go round again. Many thanks again for this! :D

Absolutely, I third, forth, fifth this, staff were brilliant. Had basically all photos and autos done by 1pm. Awesome. About 8 autos and 10 photos between the two of us. Dean was amazing as I expected. Robert was great, I as a female was totally outnumbered in that photo shoot haha, which was a change. Both buffy guests were brill and wrote quotes in my book and signed them. Just praying Alyson will as it'd be a shame to spoil the run!!

Only annoying thing was a guy in front of me at Ronnie O'Sullivan 's auto queue who basically argued to the staff, to Ronnie and possibly his manager, if that's who he was as he couldn't have a selfie with him even though it said no posed photos. It was so awkward standing there, I was embarrassed for him......he got it anyway, probably to shut him up. Us on the other hand couldnt even take a picture of him signing my snooker ball without looking.

Perfect day otherwise,  roll on lfcc.  :) 

On that note I regret not getting names from certain crew members who were particularly helpful or simply a pleasure to speak to while waiting in the queues. Staff, if you remember speaking with Margaery Tyrell, know she appreciates you very much! :D

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Faerie Tanith said:

On that note I regret not getting names from certain crew members who were particularly helpful or simply a pleasure to speak to while waiting in the queues. Staff, if you remember speaking with Margaery Tyrell, know she appreciates you very much! :D

Have to agree with this. It's one of those things isn't it, you only take in the small details like names when you want to make a complaint :)

Pele staff absolutely top-notch. To keep their cool with him running so late was really good.

There was a lady looking after Ernie's autograph desk today that I spoke to for a while when queuing. I think her name is Stacey!? Very nice lady and she was as excited to meet Ernie as I was!

2 hours ago, jakeblue said:

Have to agree with this. It's one of those things isn't it, you only take in the small details like names when you want to make a complaint :)

Ain't this the truth! I work in retail and the one time a customer asked for my name, I almost died a little inside. Turned out they wanted to give positive feedback, but there was definitely that split second of 'oh no, I've ruined their day by doing my job and now they're going to complain'.

Definitely no complaints to be had about today!

Nearly all staff were great - just one query, some staff didn't know that Gold Pass holders could join the end of any autograph queue. Numerous times I was sent away from queues today even with the Gold Pass. Other than this, a good day.

19 minutes ago, homerj said:

Nearly all staff were great - just one query, some staff didn't know that Gold Pass holders could join the end of any autograph queue. Numerous times I was sent away from queues today even with the Gold Pass. Other than this, a good day.

I have passed this on to TooTall. I am sure he will mention it again at the crew brief tomorrow.

agree with the other posters the staff were really helpful, and not as pushy as at LFCC last year, holding my poster open till the ink dried and taking pictures for me. Its a thankless task but I get to say thankyou now, so thankyou!

The staff were great over both days, really helpful and friendly. Special mention for i believe his name doug who controlled photo area A today, he controlled it with authority but kept it entertaining. Also want to mention the person on Julie Benz's line today, she remembered me from the day before asking how my day went. To remember faces out of all the 1000's attending was good staffing.

I've never had anything but positive things to say about SM crew and this weekend was no different. The chap managing Ming-Na's VQs/line on Saturday, and the lass taking the money in her line AND the chap at her desk were all really great. The lady scanning photoshoot tickets at Photo area A on Saturday too, making the effort to say everyone's name and wishing us a good day, she was lovely.

3 hours ago, Dorgris said:

I've never had anything but positive things to say about SM crew and this weekend was no different. The chap managing Ming-Na's VQs/line on Saturday, and the lass taking the money in her line AND the chap at her desk were all really great. The lady scanning photoshoot tickets at Photo area A on Saturday too, making the effort to say everyone's name and wishing us a good day, she was lovely.

I remember this lady! I went through A three times and each time she remembered me and we had a little "you again!" moment. :) 

• Like 2

Was a bit nervous towards the end of the day as my photoshoots were right at the end and really wanted to get one or both of them signed. Nana Visitor was fantastic and said she would go back to the autograph area for me after her shoot, which she did. Made it just in time for my second shoot, to find the Shoot C staff had been looking for me to make sure I got there before the cut off.

All were incredibly helpful as always, really makes the day despite any grumbles people may have leading up to the event. Even the staff member who had to point out to my PA they shouldn't have taken a picture in the photo area on my phone. Didn't make an issue out of it, just watched as I asked my PA to delete it and all was fine.

Looking forward to the next event already.

I agree with you all! I always find that if Q's are left unmaned then that makes the whole event unenjoyible, I thought all the staff done an amazing job and all the Q's were dealt with perfectly and stress free, I will defiantly be going  next year, keep up the good work. Oh and another shout out to all you staff that man the forum and answer all our concerns and worries and always reply, it really does help.

Edited by etikut99
Mistake
  • Like 1