Community Reputation/ Forum Rank

StuartG2198

2 hours ago, Kurdamoni said:

Long way to go to be named Forum Royalty :P

If you are still around in 14,668 posts then you'll have probably acquired a title a lot less flattering than 'Forum Royalty' somewhere along the lines...

Edited by tompain100
  • Like 2

On 7/16/2017 at 8:21 PM, tompain100 said:

If you are still around in 14,668 posts then you'll have probably acquired a title a lot less flattering than 'Forum Royalty' somewhere along the lines...

I seemed to have avoided that so far Although I've possibly just doomed myself now, lol.

• showmasters unpinned this topic
  • 5 years later...

I've made 197 posts & according to the first post in this thread I should be a 'Best Boy' but I'm actually ranked as a 'Gaffer'.

Have the number of posts needed for the ranks changed & is there an updated list?

Edited by Geoff K

11 hours ago, Geoff K said:

I've made 197 posts & according to the first post in this thread I should be a 'Best Boy' but I'm actually ranked as a 'Gaffer'.

Have the number of posts needed for the ranks changed & is there an updated list?

I'm guessing you won't get an answer to this, there's not really any mods around any more and other than posting the announcements I don't think they really maintain the page that much any more.

16 hours ago, Geoff K said:

The list says its 199, so one or two more posts and it should change.

Edited by maegurwen

The list says I should be only be a 'Gaffer' only on 200 posts, but I've been one for a while, hence my thinking that the number of posts required for each rank have changed.

I've now hit  '200' & I'm still a 'Gaffer' so maybe the lower limit for this rank has been lowered, or the list is wrong.

Not that it really matters.

Edited by Geoff K
  • Like 1

I guess a lot of those who would have posted here, do so on Facebook now, & Twitter. More convenient for them presumably, though I found easy to lose the useful posts in the sea of people tagging friends. I'm not on FB or Twitter anyway.

Why has the Moderation disappeared? Are SM not bothered about the forums anymore & don't want to assign any staff to it, now the volunteer moderators have gone?

• Like 1

I miss when I had a custom rank. It made me feel special. Now I'm a 'Special Effects Co-ordinator" which I think means NEEEEEEERD. This place used to be a community, which was nice as I have no friends. 

18 hours ago, Geoff K said:

Why has the Moderation disappeared? Are SM not bothered about the forums anymore & don't want to assign any staff to it, now the volunteer moderators have gone?

I think that's precisely the case. 

• Like 3

On 4/25/2023 at 5:05 PM, Geoff K said:

Short story short, the ones who did it regularly all left and I guess at that point, the office was more focused on maintaining their socials and IIRC things had/started tailing off here anyway so I guess they thought there was no need any more for a full time moderator.

On 4/25/2023 at 1:22 PM, Geoff K said:

The list says I should be only be a 'Gaffer' only on 200 posts, but I've been one for a while, hence my thinking that the number of posts required for each rank have changed.

I've now hit  '200' & I'm still a 'Gaffer' so maybe the lower limit for this rank has been lowered, or the list is wrong.

Not that it really matters.

I didn't read that correctly. I assumed that you were best boy. Don't mind me. 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 11:18 AM, natedammit said:

I miss when I had a custom rank. It made me feel special. Now I'm a 'Special Effects Co-ordinator" which I think means NEEEEEEERD. This place used to be a community, which was nice as I have no friends. 

I think that's precisely the case. 

On 4/26/2023 at 11:18 AM, natedammit said:

Could always make a custom rank for yourself and stick it in your bio. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2023 at 10:32 AM, Kurdamoni said:

I must say i do miss the older vibe these forums had... the community and the anticipation for guests etc....

speaking of guests...i can't be the only one thinking the current line ups are a bit 'meh' no?

I mean, the vibe on twitter is different but can't beat the type of vibe that you get on here. 

On 6/13/2023 at 10:32 AM, Kurdamoni said:

I must say i do miss the older vibe these forums had... the community and the anticipation for guests etc....

speaking of guests...i can't be the only one thinking the current line ups are a bit 'meh' no?

I agree. Though I've felt like that the last few events if I'm honest. Used to be that I'd easily meet around 6-10 guests per con, but the last few years it's been a max of 3 and even then that's with me splurging on an autograph I could take or leave, just to make the day feel more worthwhile. 

I guess it does all come down to personal taste though. I'm not a fan of things like Star Wars or Doctor Who so that rules out a lot of guests for me personally, but to a lot of other people that's like a dream lineup. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Faerie Tanith said:

I agree. Though I've felt like that the last few events if I'm honest. Used to be that I'd easily meet around 6-10 guests per con, but the last few years it's been a max of 3 and even then that's with me splurging on an autograph I could take or leave, just to make the day feel more worthwhile. 

I guess it does all come down to personal taste though. I'm not a fan of things like Star Wars or Doctor Who so that rules out a lot of guests for me personally, but to a lot of other people that's like a dream lineup. 

At the Spring con, my guest list was down to 4 maybes and I ended up passing on all of them. I bought a rare Lego minifig instead. July is looking much more promising.

Yep, same here.  Despite the 'Covid has fully passed' sentence in the recent SM twitter post, it's clear the pandemic has affected SM's ability to attract the kind of guest it did in the glory years of 2015-19.  They were fantastic times and one can only hope they may yet come again.  I used to meet around 20 guests, this year I really only want to meet 1.  If they drop out, I seriously doubt I'll even bother attending.  

Oddly, it seems the 2022 events had better guests than this year's.