CM24 Photo Shoot & Talk Schedule Announced

showmasters

1 hour ago, Laura_D said:

Thanks.

I notice that Ming-Na Wen doesn't have a talk scheduled for sunday. I have a diamond pass for the Sunday. I was wondering if she doesn't have a talk on the Sunday am I able to go to the one on Saturday?

Presuming you have Saturday entry tickets as well?

I have an early bird ticket for Saturday and want to attend the Star Trek talk at 09:30.

At what time do you suggest I start queueing to be on time for the talk? Is it wise to be at the doors between 08:00 and 08:30? Or should 9 be ok? 

2 minutes ago, Applemoose said:

I have an early bird ticket for Saturday and want to attend the Star Trek talk at 09:30.

At what time do you suggest I start queueing to be on time for the talk? Is it wise to be at the doors between 08:00 and 08:30? Or should 9 be ok? 

At 9 you will find yourself at the back of a sizeable line. 8:30 would be better. If you can make it 8 AM that would get you even more to the front.

1 minute ago, Queen_Sindel said:

At 9 you will find yourself at the back of a sizeable line. 8:30 would be better. If you can make it 8 AM that would get you even more to the front.

Thank you so much for the quick response! 8AM it is! B)

3 minutes ago, Jabberwocky50 said:

I was just wondering is Ken Colley doing a photo shoot as there's nothing in the shop or on the schedule for Saturday

Turns out he was listed as having a shoot in the guest announcement thread by mistake. Sorry for that confusion. I edited the post.

Silly question time:

whats the full address (where to park) for this NEC venue for Sunday please, as I just used google map and 2 NEC in birmingham have shown?!  :/

do i park along Perimeter road?? And the NEC has star bucks and wetherspoons etc inside the venue? (I don't get out much and never been lol)

Edited by Kristian

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Kristian said:

Silly question time:

whats the full address (where to park) for this NEC venue for Sunday please, as I just used google map and 2 NEC in birmingham have shown?!  :/

From the venue page on the collectormania website:
The NEC 
Birmingham
B40 1NT

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, extremeladders said:

Hi :) I was just wondering if anyone knew what the colours mean on the schedule, just wanted to check its not something important! Thanks

Nothing extreme, they are just to make it easier to read.

3 minutes ago, extremeladders said:

Hi :) I was just wondering if anyone knew what the colours mean on the schedule, just wanted to check its not something important! Thanks

No, as already posted here and on Twitter: they don't mean anything important.

37 minutes ago, Kristian said:

Silly question time:

do i park along Perimeter road?? And the NEC has star bucks and wetherspoons etc inside the venue? (I don't get out much and never been lol)

I wouldn't recommend parking on the road. Pretty sure no parking allowed there.

21 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I wouldn't recommend parking on the road. Pretty sure no parking allowed there.

I meant along that road, as in the car parks along that road :)

is the entrance to the venue on that road too?

10 minutes ago, Kristian said:

I meant along that road, as in the car parks along that road :)

is the entrance to the venue on that road too?

There's a thread about parking here, I am not sure if that helps.

The venue has several entrances. A map can be found here:

• Like 1

Hello, I emailed the shop on Wednesday about switching my Ben Browder photo op from Sunday to Saturday as it clashes with Carlos Valdez's talk, however, I haven't had a reply yet and Ben Browder's photo's are at 9:30am on the Saturday so I doubt I'll have time to queue up at the ticket desk before the photo op.  Can anybody help with this, please?  Or provide a phone number for me to ring? Thanks!

7 minutes ago, CazzBlade said:

Hello, I emailed the shop on Wednesday about switching my Ben Browder photo op from Sunday to Saturday as it clashes with Carlos Valdez's talk, however, I haven't had a reply yet and Ben Browder's photo's are at 9:30am on the Saturday so I doubt I'll have time to queue up at the ticket desk before the photo op.  Can anybody help with this, please?  Or provide a phone number for me to ring? Thanks!

You cannot swap days I'm afraid Cazz.

Something could possibly be done if it was a clash between two paid for Events. But Carlos' talk is not a paid talk, so I'm afraid Raylenth's Statement is correct.

If you got a low Batch number try to make it to the photo area right for the start of Ben's photos. Then at least you could nip into the talk area late if there's still room.

13 minutes ago, DullyEL said:

Okay, I want to get a Carlos Valdes Photo Op for tomorrow, I need to leavr the convention at half 3 unfortunately. Is there anyway I'd be allowed in for the early slot?

No, sorry. It is possible in emergencies. But if this is generally done then the schedule would be invalid before lunch because it would go totally out of whack.

They try to help people who need to go through early Dully but priority has to be give to those who are there for their correct session and those with clashes. 

Edited by Raylenth

Just now, urbanspeechbubble said:

Is there a map guide as to where each person will be signing?

You'll never get a map of exactly where a guest will be as this could well change. But they might me a map showing the general signing area when you get to the venue.

• Like 1

Just have a couple of questions:

1: once you purchase an autograph (and collect your VQ ticket). How many items can you get signed?

2: if you have a rucksack/backpack, where do you put it when you go for your photo with a guest? 

3: how do you get a VQ ticket for the guest that you want to receive an autograph from?

Thankyou 

MC