CM24 Photo Shoot & Talk Schedule Announced

showmasters

1 hour ago, jakeblue said:

I wish I was but sadly not, have to be picky due to finances and since this show is one 10 minute train ride away plus has Christian attending which not only am I looking forward to but so is my 13 year old nephew (who is attending this, his first show specifically for Captain Charisma) it unfortunately takes precedent 

Gutted to be honest as Adam West is worth the admission fee on his own

Btw, in regards to photos, how do people store or display them? I have a few but am hesitant to put them in frames of any kind in case the glass sticks to the picture 

The reason I was asking about LFCC is they have one of the guests from your wish list attending :(

I always advise that if you want to frame them always do it with a mount as that keeps the auto off the glass.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

The reason I was asking about LFCC is they have one of the guests from your wish list attending :(

I always advise that if you want to frame them always do it with a mount as that keeps the auto off the glass.

Good thinking. Im assuming you mean Adam West? I can't remember my wish list and cant seem to find it anywhere either.

Im thinking of sending in a signature request for that show, its not the same but better than nothing.

16 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I have been using one of these since LFCC 2013. After I get the photo taken I place it in the box, let it dry out I guess like autographs, then put them into hard plastic toploaders and back in the box. I use the 250 deep box for big cons like LFCC & now CM24 & use 150 box for smaller cons. I then place these boxes onto a book shelf or shelves now. I use the clear/white ones, but of course I have seem other colours like blue. The smaller boxes don't hold more than 8 or 9 toploaders before it gets hard to close them. I started using these as they fitted perfectly into a laptop type bag, meant it easy to take the box out quickly and still have room for goodies in the bag and not worry about them being scratched or bent. 

Just now, jakeblue said:

Good thinking. Im assuming you mean Adam West? I can't remember my wish list and cant seem to find it anywhere either.

Im thinking of sending in a signature request for that show, its not the same but better than nothing.

Lol, your wish list is in your signature Jake!  Look at your post, under the quote button :P

And no, not Adam, it's Rom Pearlman

1 minute ago, Jonny Average said:

I have been using one of these since LFCC 2013. After I get the photo taken I place it in the box, let it dry out I guess like autographs, then put them into hard plastic toploaders and back in the box. I use the 250 deep box for big cons like LFCC & now CM24 & use 150 box for smaller cons. I then place these boxes onto a book shelf or shelves now. I use the clear/white ones, but of course I have seem other colours like blue. The smaller boxes don't hold more than 8 or 9 toploaders before it gets hard to close them. I started using these as they fitted perfectly into a laptop type bag, meant it easy to take the box out quickly and still have room for goodies in the bag and not worry about them being scratched or bent. 

Most people don't use the top loaders for long term storage Jonny, as they aren't acid free.

22 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

What the cake lady says. ;)

No guys, can't see it anywhere. Just says Saturday Diamond Pass!! Oh well I have early entry ticket for Saturday so can ask when I collect the pass!? 

2 minutes ago, Cavs said:

No guys, can't see it anywhere. Just says Saturday Diamond Pass!! Oh well I have early entry ticket for Saturday so can ask when I collect the pass!? 

Slight bit of confusion there, Cavs, (See what cake does to you, Raylenth! ;)) the batch number will be on your Diamond Pass when you collect it on the day you're attending the event. :smile:

2 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Slight bit of confusion there, Cavs, (See what cake does to you, Raylenth! ;)) the batch number will be on your Diamond Pass when you collect it on the day you're attending the event. :smile:

Oh okay, get you. Thanks. Some people here already know that their batch which was confusing. Cool then. Cheers 

1 minute ago, Cavs said:

Oh okay, get you. Thanks. Some people here already know that their batch which was confusing. Cool then. Cheers 

No problem. The ones that know are the ones that aren't on the Diamond Passes, they just have the normal photoshoots. The batch numbers show up on them. :smile:

15 minutes ago, Cavs said:

That would be for photos.

EDIT: I swear that other response wasn't there when I hit submit. :lol:

Edited by Queen_Sindel

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I'm very sorry, it seems your repeat e-mails were missed. The last two weeks have been crazy.

The mods are not really involved with this system, sorry. Some attendees had stated here that a doctor's letter was sufficient, but that's all we can say. I will try to reach someone, but most of the office are already on the way to Birmingham.

Thanks very much Queen. I realise you mods aren't involved but we are extremely grateful of anything you can do and it'll be great if you do get hold of someone at the office. Whatever happens we will take her letter to the organisers booth when we get there and see if they can help at all. Thanks again.

1 hour ago, wjbleming said:

No problem. The ones that know are the ones that aren't on the Diamond Passes, they just have the normal photoshoots. The batch numbers show up on them. :smile:

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

That would be for photos.

EDIT: I swear that other response wasn't there when I hit submit. :lol:

Batches are for standard photo shoots!  I'm just going to go and cry in the corner and eat cake because I have no idea what is going on any more.

:BRUISED: We really need a little twitchy emoticon.

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

Most people don't use the top loaders for long term storage Jonny, as they aren't acid free.

I have read that conclusion many times before, probably even on one of these forums, and is good advice. I have checked mine many times down through the years, panic from the first time I read it, but usually more concerned by light, air and even moisture damage than how acid affects them. But alas this is a digital world we live in and scanning my photos is something I do, sure if my photos degrade or fade away in 10 or more years, I can just print new ones out right. Besides it's the digital version I show mainly, there forever to help us remember fun times and smile and laugh. 

Edited by Jonny Average

Do you think Ming will be signing after the photo session on Sunday? Looks like it's finishing at 16.40. I have a diamond pass and was hoping to get my photo op signed

5 minutes ago, aliv0 said:

Do you think Ming will be signing after the photo session on Sunday? Looks like it's finishing at 16.40. I have a diamond pass and was hoping to get my photo op signed

Sunday she should. Saturday I think it's doubtful.

Thanks.

I notice that Ming-Na Wen doesn't have a talk scheduled for sunday. I have a diamond pass for the Sunday. I was wondering if she doesn't have a talk on the Sunday am I able to go to the one on Saturday?

2 minutes ago, Laura_D said:

Thanks.

I notice that Ming-Na Wen doesn't have a talk scheduled for sunday. I have a diamond pass for the Sunday. I was wondering if she doesn't have a talk on the Sunday am I able to go to the one on Saturday?

Yep, her talk on the Saturday is included in the Diamond Pass, Laura. :smile:

Edited by wjbleming

What wjbleming said.

A Diamond Pass is only day specific for Pele (because that one does not include the talk).

For all other Diamond Passes you only select your photos to be taken a specific day. If there's activities on one of the days you have not selected which are covered by the pass you have them included too. The Diamond Pass description in the store tells you exactly what your pass has included. 

9 hours ago, Jonny Average said:

I have read that conclusion many times before, probably even on one of these forums, and is good advice. I have checked mine many times down through the years, panic from the first time I read it, but usually more concerned by light, air and even moisture damage than how acid affects them. But alas this is a digital world we live in and scanning my photos is something I do, sure if my photos degrade or fade away in 10 or more years, I can just print new ones out right. Besides it's the digital version I show mainly, there forever to help us remember fun times and smile and laugh. 

Smile and laugh? I look at mine and sneer menacingly.

• Like 1