CM24 Photo Shoot & Talk Schedule Announced

showmasters

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, rutgercs85 said:

Greetings,

I have a scheduling conflict on saturday with the Robert Patrick shoot and the John Barrowman with Captain Jack Harkness coat shoot (both in the morning), but if I go to the afternoon sessions, it might be a conflict with the Kristian Nairn shoot or the Jemma Redgrave free talk.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

If you have batch 1 for robert I'd say go there first and get through before John. Batch 2 or 3 go to John and then Robert - his shoot finishes after John's so there's time

If you find things looking really tight because of slight overruns etc then speak (nicely) to crew and show your conflicting tickets and they'll get you in

Edited by etmuse

3 minutes ago, rutgercs85 said:

Greetings,

I have a scheduling conflict on saturday with the Robert Patrick shoot and the John Barrowman with Captain Jack Harkness coat shoot (both in the morning), but if I go to the afternoon sessions, it might be a conflict with the Kristian Nairn shoot or the Jemma Redgrave free talk.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

If you let us know your batch numbers Rut we can advise you, it's hard to without that info.

1 minute ago, etmuse said:

If you have batch 1 for robert I'd say go there first and get through before John. Batch 2 or 3 go to John and then Robert - his shoot finishes after John's so there's time

I have batch 2 for Robert, so I will go to John first and then Robert. And if that doesnt work I would rather miss out on the free talk than the photo op with Kristian.

9 minutes ago, castleforever said:

Apologies if this has been asked but if I miss Johns first photo in the morning due to late trains or whatnot can I go through to the afternoon one, no questions asked so to speak?? Ta 

Yep. ^_^

21 minutes ago, castleforever said:

Apologies if this has been asked but if I miss Johns first photo in the morning due to late trains or whatnot can I go through to the afternoon one, no questions asked so to speak?? Ta 

I posted just above your post that you can go through any time after your Batch was called. :lol: That includes going in later sessions.

Just now, kernowmum said:

One more question  from newbie regarding photo-shoots please ... is there an oppurtunity to purchase a digital download of the  photo shoot taken. 

If so , what would I need to do please x

It will be online after the Show. Keep an eye on the Forum here, the link will be posted once everything is uploaded.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Raylenth said:

For the solo shoots?  Yes, Gold will be first then Batch 1 and so on.  I'd guess they will get to Batch 2 so depending on what batch you have it might be worth wandering over towards the end to see where they have gotten up to.

Thought so, thanks for the reply.

haven't bought tickets yet but really want a photo with Robert Patrick only there on the Saturday but wont be able to get for the afternoon slot will I be able to get for the 10am shoot as have early ticket to get in if so I will then purchase my tickets later on tonight I am disabled as well cos I suffer with anxiety and panic attacks and not very good in large crowds. No problems with other stars I want i.e john barrowman, carlos valdes, dean cain and Julie benz.

2 minutes ago, crazylynne said:

haven't bought tickets yet but really want a photo with Robert Patrick only there on the Saturday but wont be able to get for the afternoon slot will I be able to get for the 10am shoot as have early ticket to get in if so I will then purchase my tickets later on tonight I am disabled as well cos I suffer with anxiety and panic attacks and not very good in large crowds. No problems with other stars I want i.e john barrowman, carlos valdes, dean cain and Julie benz.

Be sure to email extrahelp@showmastersevents.com if you haven't already, Lynne, and they should be able to help you out further. :smile:

Right crazy, this is a different issue, if I read you correctly you don't have a clash for Robert but want to go to the early session as you will be leaving before the afternoon one?  Unfortunately whilst the crew will try to help where they can, if an attendee can't do a session as they need to leave before the show ends there's not a lot they can always do as activities will be scheduled for the whole time of the show and if people need to leave early that is their issue.  Go and speak to the crew of the morning session and explain, they will help you if they can but if they are also trying to slot people in who have clashes they may not be able to help you if they are swamped with people.

3 hours ago, chubarker said:

Little disappointed that there is only one photo session and no talk with Ming-Na on the Sunday.

The talk I can understand, but I'm sure that it would have been possible to find a small gap for diamond pass holders (10:35 - 1050 looks clear, hint, hint)  to get their PS in the morning

I assume diamond passes will go through first.

With hindsight I could probably have saved some money by not getting the diamond pass.

2 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Yes, as stated repeatedly Diamond Pass holders go through first.

It's not only the photoshoot schedule that has to be considered. Don't Forget the main "Thing" of the show are still autographs.

Doesn't appear to be an issue on Satuturday ?

There are two photoshoots and the talk.

By now I would have expected that the organisers would have a rough estimate of how many Sunday Diamond passes purchased.

Basically Chub, there is never a guarantee there will be a talk on each day of the event and shoots are arranged as needed.  As Queen says just because there is a gap in the shoot schedule it doesn't mean 1 can just be slotted in as consideration has to be given to the autograph process as well.

2 minutes ago, chubarker said:

Doesn't appear to be an issue on Satuturday ?

There are two photoshoots and the talk.

By now I would have expected that the organisers would have a rough estimate of how many Sunday Diamond passes purchased.

The Diamond Passes are NOT day specific. You only choose the day you want your photo taken.

It is clearly stated in the Diamond Pass description that the talk is one day only and now scheduled for Saturday.

Diamond Passes are not meant as a one day fast pass. It's always been the case that the Events are spread out over the Weekend. If you attend one day only you are risking missing out on something.

another newbie here. :) I've never been to a con, never done cosplay...it's all very new and exciting for me.

I'm only attending Saturday.....I'm interested in quite a few talks that are back to back on the Main Stage. (Ie: Game of Thrones 16:50-17:20 & Buffy 17:30-18:00)  I know there's a 10 min gap to usher people in and out.... but will I have to exit the one talk then get back in the queue for the next talk, or do they allow anyone to stay in their seat if they're staying for the next talk?  

Also, I'm attempting cosplay for the first time (Black canary), but I do have a photo-shoot with Carlos Valdes in the afternoon (I'm batch 4, but have an 11am entry ticket so will be doing the later shoot). What do people normally do--change to have a photo taken as themselves, or stay in costume? I know it's a matter of opinion, but I just wanted to know what the norm is. :)

Hi Jenny, for free talks they will usually let people stay, but if it's for a paid talk you will have to leave and re queue.

Re the pictures, it's either/or really, many stay in costume so there's no norm.

If you want have a look at the picture library http://showmasters.photoshelter.com/, there's a lot on there but you will be able to see all the people who go through in their cosplays.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Hi Jenny, for free talks they will usually let people stay, but if it's for a paid talk you will have to leave and re queue.

Re the pictures, it's either/or really, many stay in costume so there's no norm.

If you want have a look at the picture library http://showmasters.photoshelter.com/, there's a lot on there but you will be able to see all the people who go through in their cosplays.

Lovely. Thank you very much. :)

10 minutes ago, Marty Mcfly said:

Sorry if I have missed this, but when will Pele be signing on the Saturday? I presume between 1pm and 2pm after his talk?

He is there 11 - 2 on Saturday so whenever he's not in the talk or photo's.

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

He is there 11 - 2 on Saturday so whenever he's not in the talk or photo's.

Yes I know that's the case, but was wondering if there was a set time as he will only be signing for 75. If a mod could let me know please.