The War Of The Worlds musical

The Friendly Dalek

Here are my thoughts on each song:

The Eve of the War - Absolutely love this one. Burton's opening speech is perfect, and Justin Hayward's singing is great.

Horsell Common and the Heat-Ray - I love the Horsell Common part, however the Heat-Ray section does drag on a bit. The weakest song on the first half.

The Artilleryman and the Fighting Machine- My personal favourite, I can't fault this. Burton and David Essex are excellent.

Forever Autumn - Flawless. Justin's singing is perfect.

Thunderchild- Again, another flawless song. Chris Thompson's singing is great.

The Red Weed- The first dud. I feel that this one drags on too long. However the music is fine, just too long.

The Spirit of Man- Another perfect song. Julie Covington and Phil Lynott are great.

The Red Weed Part 2 - Same as the first part.

The Artilleryman returns - Alright.

Brave New World - My favourite in the second half. David Essex is wonderful here.

Dead London- Wonderfully creepy and atmospheric. I love the ending.

Epilogue 1 - Decent. I love the catchy tune.

Epilogue 2 - Brilliant. I love how it ends on a cliffhanger.

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, misssaigonaddict said:

Never watched the musical but I know a track I do play through Spotify and that's called the  eve of the war and I know the musical numbers where written by Jeff Wayne 

The Eve of the War is one of the best in it. Also, the whole album is on Spotify if you're interested.

41 minutes ago, misssaigonaddict said:

Yes that's where I have been listening to eve of the war I think I will listen to the full album now that u have told me. Also did u see the 2012 production starring liam neeson 

Yes, I have seen the Liam Neeson production live, but in 2014, not 2012 (I have seen the musical live in 2006, 2014 and 2016). I would love to hear what you think of it if you do listen to it :D