New Event, New Location, Date Announced!

• Showmasters Admin

We are pleased to announce we have a brand new show coming to a town near you! Doncaster Comic Con Day will be taking place on Sunday 10th September 2017 at The Dome.

These events will be similar to our Film & Comic Con and Collectormania events, but are for one day only! Bringing a fantastic range of stalls with Memorabilia, Merchandise, Clothing and Toys, Retro Gaming for the young and young at heart, our exciting Cosplay Zone and some great Panels. Not just a great family day out... an essential one!

Further announcements with details about the event to follow. 

For more information about each event and to book tickets please visit:
www.comicconday.co.uk/doncaster

• Showmasters Admin
6 minutes ago, mr.fids said:

After going to SM events for 10 years this will be the closest one to where I live... still 60 miles away.. but I will give it a go.. will there be guests?..

Hi Mr Fids!

We certainly hope to have some guests at our brand new events. The scale of the event is probably a little smaller than Glasgow so although a small space, we hope to do a lot with it! :) 

More updates to come as we get closer to them! Spread the word and tell your friends :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, showmasters said:

Hi Mr Fids!

We certainly hope to have some guests at our brand new events. The scale of the event is probably a little smaller than Glasgow so although a small space, we hope to do a lot with it! :) 

More updates to come as we get closer to them! Spread the word and tell your friends :) 

Thanks for reply... always enjoy SM events...first I can do in a day trip!.. I heard Harrison Ford loves Doncaster... just saying..;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Any word on if/when there'll be a guest announcement? Don't want to be a nuisance - I know everyone's busy with the next few events - just it's drawing nearer and I've been checking daily with anticipation and starting to plan whether I'm attending :)

Edited by RichBDW

It's the usual reply I'm afraid Rich.  They will not comment on guest negotiations, as soon as they are able to announce guests they will and cannot make any comments before that.

As you say they are dealing with other events at the moment but that will not stop them announcing if they have an announcement to make.

I appreciate that Raylenth, and largely expected a response along those lines. I mostly just wanted to reiterate my own interest and hopefully provoke others into discussion as the board has been noticeably quiet for months now. But  as an autograph collector primarily, the wording of 'hope to have' above re: guests and no mention in the initial announcement post does still seem curious enough to ask again about it.

Edited by RichBDW