Next Big Guest Announcement- Wednesday 24th May

• Moderators
1 hour ago, benweblight said:

Maybe part luck and part strategy,

We went straight there the one morning to get all our VQs and they were already calling people for her, there was a small queue, maybe 20 minutes we waited.

I think it is slightly misleading to say a diamond pass is the only way to meet someone - and the number of stories I've heard of people who have them but didn't manage to meet the guest it's not really a 100% guarantee that you will meet them either.

The diamond pass is not advertised as the ONLY way to meet someone (with the exception of Diamond exclusive guests - Michael J Fox for example) but it is meant to offer the guarantee that you will meet that guest.

I'm seeing a lot of speculation over this leading up to Kevin Smith. Personally that would disappoint me massively! I appreciate he writes, acts and directs but I can't get passed him being just a guy. I'm hoping Mark Hamill, especially if the red font is anything to go off. 

In all fairness it could be (it usually is) more than one guest. It could be a multiple announcement of our favourite B-listers! ;) 

33 minutes ago, RSdynamicduo said:

I'm seeing a lot of speculation over this leading up to Kevin Smith. Personally that would disappoint me massively! I appreciate he writes, acts and directs but I can't get passed him being just a guy. I'm hoping Mark Hamill, especially if the red font is anything to go off. 

In all fairness it could be (it usually is) more than one guest. It could be a multiple announcement of our favourite B-listers! ;) 

To be fair, in the end every guest is " just a guy" (or gal).

Always be prepared that a guest might not be for you, and you even not agree with their star status that SM might seem to give them. Just remember other people might do, then move on.

• Like 3

Interesting! ('BIG' guest? Any other architecture nerds on here immediately think what I did? :D)

I have no idea, but is the Avengers still filming in the UK in July? Hey, doesn't Spider-Man live in London? If not someone from a classic franchise like Star Wars, BTTF etc, I feel like that's the level of guest that would get called 'big' for sure! Maybe it's a Ghostbusters actor to compliment Ernie Hudson? Sure would be amazingly big if it were Bill Murray or Dan Ackroyd!

Edit: got confused which con Ernie was attending! Either way, Ghostbusters guests would be big.

Edited by RichBDW

3 minutes ago, RichBDW said:

Interesting! ('BIG' guest? Any other architecture nerds on here immediately think what I did? :D)

I have no idea, but is the Avengers still filming in the UK in July? Hey, doesn't Spider-Man live in London? If not someone from a classic franchise like Star Wars, BTTF etc, I feel like that's the level of guest that would get called 'big' for sure! Maybe it's a Ghostbusters actor to compliment Ernie Hudson? Sure would be amazingly big if it were Bill Murray or Dan Ackroyd!

Spider Man isn't real Rich so he doesn't live in London :whistling:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Spider Man isn't real Rich so he doesn't live in London :whistling:

Now Raylenth, we all know that's not true. I mean I'm pretty sure I've seen multiple Spider-Mans strolling around at every LFCC I've attended. :P

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Lenasbitch92 said:

A whole week of waiting this is torture :( exciting though 

Hahaha I thought it was tommorow  (I am blind with the date on the announcement!). Oh my good golly a whole Week! Haha

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........

• Like 2