Next Big Guest Announcement- Wednesday 24th May

• Moderators

IMG_1882.JPG

You will not want to miss this. Set your alarms! Pencil your calendars! Important guest announcement on Wednesday 24th May @ 7pm!

#LFCC #LondonFilmAndComicCon #Showmasters #Event#Convention #Autographs #PhotoShoots #Panels #ComicCon#London #Gaming #Cosplay #Comics #Memorabilia #Collectables#Displays

The Showmasters Team

Edited by StuartG2198
  • Like 3

What makes you say you think it will be a very big guest, Raylenth?

I suppose the con is getting closer and some of the bigger guests are probably in a better position to confirm their availability now than they were a few months ago!?

billie piper, claire danes, kate winslet ,chloe moretz, milla jovovich , winona ryder , Natasha Henstridge , jean-claude van damme , steven seagal , arnold schwarzenegger , Sylvester Stallone , kate beckinsale

Edited by mrbond22
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ricksta said:

What makes you say you think it will be a very big guest, Raylenth?

I suppose the con is getting closer and some of the bigger guests are probably in a better position to confirm their availability now than they were a few months ago!?

Just the use of the Warning and Important Ricksta.  I can't say I've seen those used in an announcement before.  We've had Big and the like but those 2 words make it sound like it will be either someone quite big or an important character in a big show.

Of course, a piece of advise for everyone: Reality Hats should always be worn during these announcement build ups - one person's big is another's huh? and vice versa, so please remember not to get too excited and don't assume 'it has to be' because chances are it'll always be someone you aren't personally interested in.

• Like 4

even if the guest isn't in my fandom (though probably 9 times out of 10, these big etc guest announcements are) I do like the thrill of guessing and anticipation, and am happy for fans of other fandoms (I am not a fan of Walking Dead but can recognize when it's a big guest from that)

7 minutes ago, Bingo Boy said:

Well if it's going to be on the calibre of Sigourney from a couple of yrs ago expect to be looking at £500 + for a diamond pass or you will have zero chance of meeting whoever it is.

Bingo, even Sigourney wasn't that much for her Diamond Pass, which was actually VERY good value for what was included in it.  With respect, I appreciate that some of these guests cost a lot of money, there's no doubt about that.  The simple fact is though, those are the prices they can command and anyone expecting to meet actors of that caliber for regular guest prices are deluding themselves.  No one should expect that it's an attendees right to meet any guest at a price they can personally afford unfortunately.  Showmasters are very good at getting actors at reasonable prices in comparison to what other shows charge, but there's no doubt that autograph collecting has long moved on from the days of '£10 an auto with a second half price"

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

Orlando Bloom

Tom Hiddleston

Sam Neill

Emilia Clarke

Kit Harington

Norman Reedus

Actually the 'BIG' text could be a reference to Tom Hanks for his role in BIG maybe?

Edited by sarzy2
  • Like 4