Eurovision Song Contest 2017

natedammit

By now you will all, of course, have watched both semi-finals, and be deep in preparations for Saturday's final. So who are your favourites?

For me, I can't help but love Romania and have a soft spot for Belarus. Belgium's song is good, but the live performance is lousy. I don't get the love for Portugal at all.

UMM EXCUSE ME, this is a thread for SERIOUS discussion of the single greatest entertainment extravaganza ever devised by man, I'll have none of you lot's negativity in here thank you.

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

We voted out of Europe so no on is allowed to watch it any more

I knew someone would post something like this. I can't say I'm not disappointed it was you.

2 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Last time I checked Australia wasn't exactly in Europe either. :lol:

:angry:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/09/heres-another-reminder-of-why-australia-have-been-taking-part-in-eurovision-6625459/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, natedammit said:

UMM EXCUSE ME, this is a thread for SERIOUS discussion of the single greatest entertainment extravaganza ever devised by man, I'll have none of you lot's negativity in here thank you.

I knew someone would post something like this. I can't say I'm not disappointed it was you.

:angry:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/09/heres-another-reminder-of-why-australia-have-been-taking-part-in-eurovision-6625459/

Hi, I was actually calling for Australia last year. First time since Finland won that I called. :lol:

• Like 1

I've now had some time to process the events of Saturday night and come to a reasoned and sensible conclusion.

QS, why do you and your fellow European people hate me personally? I've visited several of your lands, voted 'remain' in the EU Referendum, and even have a little model of Sagrada Familia on the shelf above where I sleep. Yet you still join together to punish me in this way.

I have no qualms with the German entry - Titanium is a great song, who wouldn't want to rip it off?

My issue is that you and your fellow mainlanders decided en masse to not vote for the UK entry. From the public vote, only four countries gave us any points. One isn't in Europe (Australia); one is attached to us (Ireland); one used to be owned by us (Malta) and Spain chucked us a point out of pity.

So my question is simple: why do you all hate me?