Photoshoot Props

I had an idea for a prop last year for Mads whereby I'd take a big sheet of cardboard, stick a tablecloth and place setting on it, and cut a hole out of the side to put my head in. Give Mads a knife and fork and bon appetit. 

Couldn't be bothered though.

12 minutes ago, natedammit said:

I had an idea for a prop last year for Mads whereby I'd take a big sheet of cardboard, stick a tablecloth and place setting on it, and cut a hole out of the side to put my head in. Give Mads a knife and fork and bon appetit. 

Couldn't be bothered though.

That would have been good, but if I'm remembering it correctly, I think your photo with Mads is my favourite pic with a guest I saw from LFCC 2016. 

We snuggled. I'm often to be found staring off into the distance just thinking of that moment. It was just a few seconds, but to both of us, it felt like a lifetime. A lifetime full of cherry blossom, children's laughter and bicycling over tabletops.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Closed fist or open handed Merch?  If it's closed fist I'd say go for looking like you're punching him in the jaw, open handed, not so sure, maybe just a hand shake with it.

Closed fist, I thought the same but think I might be to nervous/star struck to ask for that lol

11 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Closed fist or open handed Merch?  If it's closed fist I'd say go for looking like you're punching him in the jaw, open handed, not so sure, maybe just a hand shake with it.

Closed fist, I thought the same but think I might be to nervous/star struck to ask for that lol

last year in the photoshoot with Blake Foster (Blue Turbo Ranger), I used my MMPR Legacy Morpher/Jyurenjaa Dyno Buckler prop  and the only issue the camerman had, was the fact that it was covering my face when I was set to take the photo so he said "can you move the morpher down a bit?" in a very nice tone, which I was like "sure, sorry about that" and the guy said no problem.13653063_1377025098978923_73262727253510

I think it depends on the celeb as well as the prop - I politely asked Shatner if he would hold my Tribble (stop giggling at the back! ;)) and he just said 'No, you hold it'...

14484671_1286096271435441_38740856530330

• Like 1

I remember seeing on the forums last year a really cool one where someone (sorry cant remember who) was proposing to Famke Jannsen. That was a great pic. 

I'd be up for some prop shoots but have no idea what I'd do/use.

Props are fun :D 

In 2014 my mate stood holding a bloodied fake ear with Michael Madsen...Michael didn't look impressed at all :P

Years ago at Cardiff comic con I took a sonic screwdriver into the shoot with me for Paul McGann. I asked him nicely would he mind holding the screwdriver. He took it, put his arm around me and whispered into my ear "Let's save the world together"  my very subtle reply was "GGNNAAAAHHHHHHHH....."  :wub:

• Like 2

This is me trying to think of things to do in photo shoots

:mellow: ...................................................... :help: .......................................................... :BRUISED:........................................................:sad:

I have a friend who manages to think of something cool to do with every one of his photoshoots! Either props, poses, costumes, or paper signs. He's been a great inspiration - I don't manage to think up ideas for all my photos, but I do have a few fairly cool ones :)

12 hours ago, Raylenth said:

This is me trying to think of things to do in photo shoots

:mellow: ...................................................... :help: .......................................................... :BRUISED:........................................................:sad:

Who are you getting photos with? I'll use my amazing brain to come up with the bestest ideas for you.

26 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Who are you getting photos with? I'll use my amazing brain to come up with the bestest ideas for you.

No one at LFCC yet Nate, the only event I'm definitely getting photo's at so far is Sherlocked.

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

No one at LFCC yet Nate, the only event I'm definitely getting photo's at so far is Sherlocked.

Hmm, I'm struggling to come up with any ideas for you for that event that aren't just me insulting a certain someone's face...

• Like 1

Well I could tell him I know a certain 'friendly' bear that will pay him a visit if he doesn't hug me but I'm not like that really and do not advocate animal violence towards our beloved guests

• Like 1

I seriously need to do more this year. Bore photos of me with guests need sprucing up!

David Morrissey as the Guvna from Walking Dead I will cut out a simple black piece of card and make a quick eye patch. Why not!

But need some great ideas that are not too time consuming or odd haha

But its a joy looking through hundreds of images taken that day of what some people dream up!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RomeroSavini said:

I seriously need to do more this year. Bore photos of me with guests need sprucing up!

David Morrissey as the Guvna from Walking Dead I will cut out a simple black piece of card and make a quick eye patch. Why not!

But need some great ideas that are not too time consuming or odd haha

But its a joy looking through hundreds of images taken that day of what some people dream up!

I'm getting a couple of eye patches - will see if David will wear one. Can then pass them down the line. Nothing like the sharing of eye patches for a bit of conjuctivitis love.

I want to do some prop shots. Getting quite a few photos booked up.

Edited by spengler
  • Like 1

Guys, I don't want to put a damper on things. But things like an eye patch are very very unlikely to be allowed, like clothing items too. What you have in mind would be similar to trying to get Benedict Cumberbatch to put on a deerstalker hat. Even if one person gets away with it, passing something down the line will definitely be a problem.