Photoshoot Props

Hi guys,

Apologies if I've missed this on the site or anywhere previous. I was hoping for my Steven Yeun shoot to bring a prop (replica Lucille, not a real bat obviously. Light and hollow and within SM guidelines) with me. I know it will be up to the guest on the day, however, Is this generally frowned upon during photoshoots? 

Thanks in advance :) 

5 minutes ago, Straker94 said:

Hi guys,

Apologies if I've missed this on the site or anywhere previous. I was hoping for my Steven Yeun shoot to bring a prop (replica Lucille, not a real bat obviously. Light and hollow and within SM guidelines) with me. I know it will be up to the guest on the day, however, Is this generally frowned upon during photoshoots? 

Thanks in advance :) 

I've seen loads of people take props to shoots and even taken the odd one myself. I doubt it'll be an issue.

Scan%202014-10-18%200002-2_zpsqq1wjuk0.j

Ok, these are just small props but I have seen people with larger ones.

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

I've seen loads of people take props to shoots and even taken the odd one myself. I doubt it'll be an issue.

:huh:

Generally props should not be an issue. If they are, crew at the shoot will make you aware.

It's great you are keeping to the guidelines. :smile: Just be prepared that you might be stopped by crew who will ask to check your prop. It still looks like a barbed wire baseball bat after all. ;)

28 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Is it wrong on my part to ask who that is on the left?

2 minutes ago, spengler said:

Is it wrong on my part to ask who that is on the left?

Mot at all spengler, that was what my 'huh' emoticon was aiming at as well.  I don't get the pose but am sure I will when we know who it is.  I immediately thought of Reece Witherspoon :whistling:

• Like 1

Just now, Wrong Name said:

It's Ariana Richards who played Lex in Jurassic Park. Hence the green jelly on a spoon! She has grown up a bit so I understand not recognising her.

No wouldnt have known it was her even now you put the name in.

Makes sense now.

I've never gotten how it works when attendees want to take props into shoots though, we are herder through so quickly how do you make it happen?  Speak to the crew in the queue to say you are going to be slower through because of it and then ask the guest and take what time you need setting it up?

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

Makes sense now.

I've never gotten how it works when attendees want to take props into shoots though, we are herder through so quickly how do you make it happen?  Speak to the crew in the queue to say you are going to be slower through because of it and then ask the guest and take what time you need setting it up?

Just a minute while I knock some jelly together ☺

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Makes sense now.

For this pic, I asked her if she was ok with doing the pose when I got an autograph, to make sure she was happy with doing it. I had glued the jelly to the spoon to make things easier, and made sure she knew that so she wouldn't actually eat it! Then going in I just carried them up and handed it to her, only took a second.

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

I'm guessing it's the jelly cubes rather than the set jelly final product which would be much easier to handle but yeah, I had visions of lunchboxes with jelly in.

Yes it was the cubes. But I did bring them in a lunch box!

• Like 2

Forgot about these other ones where I took a prop:

LFCC%202015-17_zpsdt9lulka.jpg

This is Carrie Ann Moss, she played Newt in Aliens (the little girl). A friend of mine made the sign for her shoot and I asked of I could borrow it.

Michael%20J%20Fox%20LFCC15%20Sat288_zpsq

I feel I don't need to explain this one. If I do, then shame on you!

Edited by Wrong Name
Changed dlanguage on my shirt using my awesome photoshop skills. Hard to tell isn't it?!
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Makes sense now.

Talk really fast? At least this is how I do it. Then again I never did something as elaborate as the jelly.

It depends a bit on the guest. If they have a connection to the prop in question - like Ariana to the Jelly or a certain someone to the bunny ears - that helps. When I did my lightsaber photo with Joe Flanigan and Paul McGillion I was prepared to do some really fast talking because the connection was not that obvious. But all my explanations (Joe had mentioned re-enacting Star Wars scenes with his son) were cut short anyway cause Mr Flanigan saw "ooooooh tooooy" and went straight for the bag. :lol:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Merchwithamouthx said:

I have a right hand of doom for my photo with Ron Perlman can't figure out what pose to try and request, any ideas?

Closed fist or open handed Merch?  If it's closed fist I'd say go for looking like you're punching him in the jaw, open handed, not so sure, maybe just a hand shake with it.

Just now, Queen_Sindel said:

Well I would recommend you try to do the talking first (at least partly) before throwing things. :lol:

hellobenedictpleasecaniaskyoutowearthispilotscapnooknobotherthsanksanywayimjustgoingtogonow!