1 hour ago, Tracis said:

Am really happy for everyone who is excited about meeting David but have to admit that felt a little tinge of disappointment when saw his name as when they said 'Big announcement' I thought it would be someone like Tom Hiddleston - hey, a person can dream :D, but I am conscious everyone has different expectations when it comes to announcements. I remember David from Doctor Who though and I have to admit that I am very much behind the times and not yet started The Walking Dead (yes, I think I have been living on another planet:lol:) so there is every chance when I start watching it, I will appreciate this announcement much more.

Hope everyone that meets him has a great time B)

Unless the original post got edited SM didn't say 'big guest announcement' (which I am glad about as everyone as a different view on what a big name is) but said exciting instead.

12 minutes ago, Tony1975 said:

Unless the original post got edited SM didn't say 'big guest announcement' (which I am glad about as everyone as a different view on what a big name is) but said exciting instead.

If you look at the picture that was put up, they did indeed say big.

• Like 1

said it before and i'll say it again. the definition of "big guest" depends on what you consider "big"

as a TWD fan this is a HUGE guest for me but people who arent fans of his work wont think he is big.

im not a fan of back to the future, so i dont think christopher lloyd is a huge guest. but others are going nuts because he's going.

its all relative.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Matt Thornton said:

This'll be a tough call this year. Laurie Holden was kind enough to sign my DVD Copy of The Walking Dead Season 1. The question this year is which Season do I ask David Morrissey, Steven Yeun and Emily Keeney to sign? Season 3 or Season 4?

David Morrissey- S3

Steven Yeun- S1 or 2

Emily Kinney- S5

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt Thornton said:

This'll be a tough call this year. Laurie Holden was kind enough to sign my DVD Copy of The Walking Dead Season 1. The question this year is which Season do I ask David Morrissey, Steven Yeun and Emily Keeney to sign? Season 3 or Season 4?

I'd go for season 4 myself

6 hours ago, Tracis said:

Am really happy for everyone who is excited about meeting David but have to admit that felt a little tinge of disappointment when saw his name as when they said 'Big announcement' I thought it would be someone like Tom Hiddleston - hey, a person can dream :D, but I am conscious everyone has different expectations when it comes to announcements. I remember David from Doctor Who though and I have to admit that I am very much behind the times and not yet started The Walking Dead (yes, I think I have been living on another planet:lol:) so there is every chance when I start watching it, I will appreciate this announcement much more.

Hope everyone that meets him has a great time B)

At the risk of upsetting a few people, am with Traci on this one. When I saw the big announcement email, I was thinking "great, who could this be" but was quite disappointed with the answer. For a lot of people this is a great announcement and am not taking away from that at all; signees that I want to meet are not going to be other people's cups of tea. Plus am not knocking Showmasters at all - they do a great job and provide excellent variety in terms of guests, trying to please as many people as possible. I just think to put this guy on the same level as Basil Fawlty himself or other big names from previous years was a bit of a letdown. Sorry! :wacko:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BarcaScot said:

At the risk of upsetting a few people, am with Traci on this one. When I saw the big announcement email, I was thinking "great, who could this be" but was quite disappointed with the answer. For a lot of people this is a great announcement and am not taking away from that at all; signees that I want to meet are not going to be other people's cups of tea. Plus am not knocking Showmasters at all - they do a great job and provide excellent variety in terms of guests, trying to please as many people as possible. I just think to put this guy on the same level as Basil Fawlty himself or other big names from previous years was a bit of a letdown. Sorry! :wacko:

It's always the way Barca and it's best to approach announcements with the knowledge that 1) It's probably not going to be anyone you want and 2) you may disagree with the descriptor.  That way you don't build your hopes up based on expectation alone.

Anyway, this is off topic now so back to the regular conversation.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

It's always the way Barca and it's best to approach announcements with the knowledge that 1) It's probably not going to be anyone you want and 2) you may disagree with the descriptor.  That way you don't build your hopes up based on expectation alone.

Anyway, this is off topic now so back to the regular conversation.

I know Raylenth, I just can't help myself. Am a geek and get my hopes up for every SM announcement. You never know when the person your dream of comes up.

• Like 1

As Stuart said it is used to refer generally to the pictures they have at the guest tables that you can pick up to be signed if you don't have an item of your own.  It's just easier and a lot quicker for us to refer to them as '8x10's' than 'the pictures they have at the guest tables that you can pick up to be signed if you don't have an item of your own' ;)

• Like 3