Guest Cancellation - Linda Blair

Typically a number of guests will have to cancel their appearance - I don't think I've seen an event yet that hasn't had a single cancellation - so it's a peril of these events, where guests appear subject to commitments, that you book tickets and buy stuff for the guests to sign knowing there's a chance the people you want to see and have bought stuff for may cancel.   You take a chance buying stuff early so you have it, risking that they may cancel and then what do you do with your item.

As Waxwork says, she has now got a cross that she's not going to be able to do anything else with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WaxworkScream said:

Yeah :( Ah well, I'll have a miniature Wicker man bonfire or something.

hold on to it. I bought a mini qee hellboy figure last year for Ron Pearlman to sign before he cancelled last time, - touch wood- I'll be able to get it signed this year

• Like 1

That's a shame, she's really nice. I remember bringing my mum to an event at which Linda was in attendance and she stood talking to my mum for quite a while about the animals she rescues at her WorldHeart Foundation.

May I ask... how come she doesn't do conventions outside of the US anymore? Just curious.

20 hours ago, ChloeLou said:

Is it possible Linda will be able to attend a Showmasters event in the future?  Or is she only doing conventions in the United States now?

Although Showmaster's can't comment,  she's been to the UK before.  So there's definately hope that she'll return one day. I'm desperate to meet her as well ! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lewisgreen250293 said:

Although Showmaster's can't comment,  she's been to the UK before.  So there's definately hope that she'll return one day. I'm desperate to meet her as well ! 

I hope she does come back!  I'm desperate to meet her!  Hopefully, one day I'll get the chance...

Bugger. She was the guest I was most looking forward to meeting after John Cleese. Still these things happen, I hope Showmasters can replace her with an equally iconic horror star (I never got a chance to meet George A Romero the past few times he appeared hint hint hint).

Have Met : Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, David Tennant, Catherine Tate, Billie Piper, Eve Myles, Arthur Darvill,  Christopher Lloyd, Tom Savini, Robert Englund, Alex Winters, Mark Mothersbaugh, John Hurt, Malcolm McDowell, Zach Galligan, Robert Russler, Robert Rankin, Claudio Simonetti

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 20.4.2017 at 10:43 PM, scatmanjon said:

Bugger. She was the guest I was most looking forward to meeting after John Cleese. Still these things happen, I hope Showmasters can replace her with an equally iconic horror star (I never got a chance to meet George A Romero the past few times he appeared hint hint hint).

Have Met : Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, David Tennant, Catherine Tate, Billie Piper, Eve Myles, Arthur Darvill,  Christopher Lloyd, Tom Savini, Robert Englund, Alex Winters, Mark Mothersbaugh, John Hurt, Malcolm McDowell, Zach Galligan, Robert Russler, Robert Rankin, Claudio Simonetti

I'm sure people would like to meet Richard Dreyfuss , he was in that big fish movie :P

• 1 month later...