Buses and Oyster Card

This will be my first LFCC and my first trip to London, now I'm aware all buses are on Oyster Card rather then paying at the time, however somebody give me this bit of information -

That I am able to use my bank card as long as it allows contactless payments

I am just hoping somebody on here knows if this is true or not

It's £1.50 per person per way via the bus, my mom and I found this out last year at LFCC and it made our trip easier as we didn't have to call for cabs/taxis to take us to and from the Olympia.

6 hours ago, Namine said:

It's £1.50 per person per way via the bus, my mom and I found this out last year at LFCC and it made our trip easier as we didn't have to call for cabs/taxis to take us to and from the Olympia.

Remember that you can't pay by cash anymore though on buses. It has to be either oyster or contactless payment.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2017 at 8:34 AM, Wrong Name said:

Remember that you can't pay by cash anymore though on buses. It has to be either oyster or contactless payment.

yup, I cannot tell ya how many times I nearly came to getting frustrated with the contactless payment with my debit card lol.

On 11 April 2017 at 0:02 PM, charlesberg said:

just make sure that you remember to tap in and out or they'll charge you the full day ticket

Stupid as this sounds, I take it you're referring to the buses to tap in and out, charlesbug? Never used the London buses before, only used the trains previously.

Edited by wjbleming

31 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Stupid as this sounds, I take it you're referring to the buses to tap in and out, charlesbug? Never used the London buses before, only used the trains previously.

And the tube - if your card doesn't properly register when you go through the gates on the way out, or if the barriers are open so you can just walk through you still need to tap your card otherwise you will pay the higher fare.

• Like 1