Favourite/least favourite episodes

The Friendly Dalek

Haven't seen many of the classic series serials, so I can only go from the revived series. Anyways, mine at the moment are:

Favourite: It's between the  Human Nature/Family of Blood double (If using the double counts. lol), Blink and The Time of The Doctor (Amy turning up at the end got me a bit :(), though I'd probably have the Human Nature/Family of Blood double as my favourite. :smile:

Least Favourite: The Rings of Akhate, wasn't too keen on it, felt a bit underwhelming.

8 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Haven't seen many of the classic series serials, so I can only go from the revived series. Anyways, mine at the moment are:

Favourite: It's between the  Human Nature/Family of Blood double (If using the double counts. lol), Blink and The Time of The Doctor (Amy turning up at the end got me a bit :(), though I'd probably have the Human Nature/Family of Blood double as my favourite. :smile:

Least Favourite: The Rings of Akhate, wasn't too keen on it, felt a bit underwhelming.

Human nature/Family of blood is brilliant (and yes, using doubles counts, my favourite episode is 10 parts long, and each part is 25 minutes long for classic serials), and I would highly recommend the book. Blink and The Time of the Doctor are both great, and Amy's appearance certainly made me emotional. 

However, I have to disagree on The Rings of Akhaten. I love the episode, I think it is very unique and has a great soundtrack, and Smith's speech when he is facing the Sun is one of his crowning moments. It was a breath of greatness in a series of rather underwhelming stories. However it is your opinion so feel free to not like it.

And I definitely recommend watching the classics, and I have plenty of recommendations if you want them :)

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

Yeah, Smith's speech at the end is the only thing that makes me doubt putting it down. The speech really does make it as an episode. Truth be told, I don't really have a least favourite from the new series, I'm hard put to say which one, going through the episode list, I enjoyed them all really, save for the favourites, Rings of Akhate was the first to come to mind and then thought "Really? But the speech!" when I hit save.

No need. I'm getting the classics bit by bit through CEX and HMV (mainly HMV at the mo) Got about 3/4 of it sitting waiting to be watched/binged. lol Just missing a few serials (obviously there's the missing episodes, which I'm not holding out for) that I just have to get and then I can watch them in order (I'm a bit picky about skipping episodes/serials. lol) But thanks for the offer! ^_^

7 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Yeah, Smith's speech at the end is the only thing that makes me doubt putting it down. The speech really does make it as an episode. Truth be told, I don't really have a least favourite from the new series, I'm hard put to say which one, going through the episode list, I enjoyed them all really, save for the favourites, Rings of Akhate was the first to come to mind and then thought "Really? But the speech!" when I hit save.

No need. I'm getting the classics bit by bit through CEX and HMV (mainly HMV at the mo) Got about 3/4 of it sitting waiting to be watched/binged. lol Just missing a few serials (obviously there's the missing episodes, which I'm not holding out for) that I just have to get and then I can watch them in order (I'm a bit picky about skipping episodes/serials. lol) But thanks for the offer! ^_^

I can name many new Who episodes which were contenders for my least favourite, as there are many I don't enjoy (however there are also a few classics which I could have put there).

If you want the missing episodes you can buy them in audio form, which I have them all in. All I need is series 4 on DVD, and then I have every episode. I'm currently bingeing (is that spelt right?) every episode from the start, and I'm on The Keys of Marinus at the moment. And yeah, if you ever want recommendations I will gladly give you them, be it books, films or audio drama.  :)

Favourite Story: Genesis of the Daleks

Least Favourite: The Edge of Destruction.

The latter is from the William Hartnell era. You'd think it would be quite thrilling given the title but the most exciting thing in it is the revelation that the Tardis has a drinks dispenser...

3 minutes ago, Bumper8 said:

The latter is from the William Hartnell era. You'd think it would be quite thrilling given the title but the most exciting thing in it is the revelation that the Tardis has a drinks dispenser...

Agreed. When I first watched The Edge of Destruction I almost fell asleep! It is very dull and the plot is patheticly poor. However, I appreciate the story behing its making, as it was made with very short notice to fill in a two week gap, due to The Daleks originally being 9 parts long.

2 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Agreed. When I first watched The Edge of Destruction I almost fell asleep! It is very dull and the plot is patheticly poor. However, I appreciate the story behing its making, as it was made with very short notice to fill in a two week gap, due to The Daleks originally being 9 parts long.

Mitigating circumstances...I'll allow it :-D

My favourite/least favourite for each Doctor are as follows. This doesn't include the 8th or War Doctors or any anniversary/multi-Doctor Story: 

1st: The Aztects/The Space Museum 

2nd: The Tomb of the Cybermen/The Mind Robber 

3rd: The Time Warrior/The Time Monster 

4th: The Ribos Operation/The Leisure Hive 

5th: Black Orchid/Snakedance 

6th: The Mark of the Rani/The Twin Dilemma 

7th: Survival/ The Happiness Patrol 

9th: Dalek/The Long Game

10th: The Waters of Mars/Fear Her 

11th: Amy's Choice/Hide 

12: The Magician's Apprentice & The Witche's Familiar/Sleep No More 

3 hours ago, Bumper8 said:

3 hours ago, Bumper8 said:

Mitigating circumstances...I'll allow it :-D

I really like The Edge of Destruction- I think it's a nice little two-parter after a quite full on two first stories. And it was very important for establishing that the TARDIS is alive. It also gave the actors room to breath and establish their characters a bit more. 

Granted it's not something I'd put on for fun but after watching the first two it's a nice little breath of fresh air. 

8 hours ago, Spacecadet is here said:

My Favourite of all time so far is Tom Baker in Robots of Death. Such a Classic Who Story. Followed by the Dalek stories. 

I agree that Robots of Death is a classic, but which Dalek stories are you referring to? After all, The Chase, Destiny of the Daleks and Revelation of the Daleks are far from classic status.

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

My favourite/least favourite story for each Doctor.

1st: The Daleks Master Plan / The Sensorites

2nd: The War Games / The Space Pirates

3rd: Inferno / The Mutants

4th: Genesis of the Daleks / Underworld 

5th: The Caves of Androzani / Time-Flight

6th: Vengeance on Varos / The Mark of the Rani

7th: Remembrance of the Daleks / Time and the Rani 

9th: Dalek / The end of the World

10th: The Waters of Mars / New Earth

11th: The Time of the Doctor / Let's kill Hitler 

12th: Mummy on the Orient Express / Robots of Sherwood 

19 minutes ago, ChloeLou said:

I haven't watched Doctor Who in ages, so as for my favourite episode and least favourite episode, I can only go by the episodes I have seen.

Favourite: Rose.

Least Favourite: Doomsday.

I agree that Doomsday is certainly a bad episode, and the Daleks vs Cybermen plot was completely wasted. The ending was also way to cliched and OTT for my taste.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I agree that Doomsday is certainly a bad episode, and the Daleks vs Cybermen plot was completely wasted. The ending was also way to cliched and OTT for my taste.

Rose is my favourite of the Doctor's companions, so when Billie Piper left the show, I didn't watch it for much longer.  I watched it for a bit longer since I thought David Tennant made a good Doctor, but when he left the show, I stopped watching it completely.  I thought Christopher Eccleston made a good Doctor, too, though!

Edited by ChloeLou

15 minutes ago, ChloeLou said:

Rose is my favourite of the Doctor's companions, so when Billie Piper left the show, I didn't watch it for much longer.  I watched it for a bit longer since I thought David Tennant made a good Doctor, but when he left the show, I stopped watching it completely.  I thought Christopher Eccleston made a good Doctor, too, though!

Rose is one of my least favourite companions, and I was happy when she went. She was too irritating and smug. David and Christopher are both very good Doctors, but no where near my favourites.

9 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Rose is one of my least favourite companions, and I was happy when she went. She was too irritating and smug. 

I don't wholly dislike her myself, buuuuut, what the hell did they do to her teeth in her return in The Stolen Earth!? She didn't need them enlarged!

10 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I havent seen that episode in ages, so I might need to rewatch it to see what you mean.

EDIT: This, Dalek: Stolen_Earth.jpg 

It's like they made her wear dentures! ;)

Edited by wjbleming

34 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Rose is one of my least favourite companions, and I was happy when she went. She was too irritating and smug. David and Christopher are both very good Doctors, but no where near my favourites.

My least favourite companion was Donna Noble, to be honest.  I saw a couple of episodes when Amy Pond was the Doctor's companion, and I didn't mind her, she was pretty good!  I saw a couple of episodes when Clara Oswald was his companion, too, she was pretty good!