What are you asking the guests to sign?

On 5/1/2017 at 6:46 PM, Raylenth said:

I understand that Spengler, however to reassure you in case you change your mind, I have been getting posters signed for about 15 years and have never damaged them, you just have to be careful - I usually just allow it to reroll with the just signed bit unrolled for a couple of moments whilst moving a little way out of the exit, until it's dry and they re roll it properly and put t back in the carry tube.

Just a quick one Raylenth, regarding the whole poster situation (if you don't mind)

My poster isn't ready to be framed just yet, obviously I've got LFCC in July and a few other bits + bobs later in the year, so with only 6 Rogue One autographs on it, I'm not keen on framing and hanging it just yet.

Have you ever been in a similar situation?  I'm just a but stumped as to where would be best to store it.  It's currently still in my heavy duty poster tube which I use when I'm chasing autographs.  

I know about the whole 'Polyester vs PVC' with autographs, so was thinking of maybe purchasing an A1 polyester sleeve perhaps?

Any advice would be fantastic, or if anyone else can maybe throw a few tips my way.

Keeping it in a cardboard poster tube will be fine Admiral, I've had some in them for years and they are quite happy in there, so it really comes down to what you prefer for storage really and what space you have, flat or rolled.  All my posters are rolled and I've never stored one flat so I don't have a cover that big for them.  I'm not sure of polyester v PVC as it's more acid you need to look out for, so if you want to use a plastic sleeve you just need to make sure it's acid free and ideally Archive quality.  I'll have a look and post some links in a moment for storage options

Regarding framing it, I have 3 items framed that aren't finished yet and I will need to take to Sherlocked later in the year.  I decided to have them framed before they were finished as past experience has taught me that it can be years before you've got everyone you want on there (if you can even get everyone :P) and I though it was pointless not to enjoy them for that amount of time.  I had them professionally framed so when I need them I just take it back to the framers and ask him to take them out for me.  There can be a small charge for unframing it though so bare that in mind if you change your mind about framing it.

• Like 1

http://www.londongraphics.co.uk/products/Graphic-Supplies/Portfolios-Frames/Portfolio-Cases/Plax-Portfolio-Cases/EXP1BK_Plax-Portfolio-A1-Black Very expensive and not classed as archive safe but you can always wrap the poster in tissue paper and I think it would be fine, it's roomy enough that the sigs wouldn't be touching the top if stored flat

http://www.londongraphics.co.uk/products/Graphic-Supplies/Portfolios-Frames/Portfolio-Pages-and-Sleeves/A1/ARDS1_Artcare-Display-Sleeves-A1 cheap but no rigidity to it so it's a risk storing it

http://www.londongraphics.co.uk/products/Graphic-Supplies/Portfolios-Frames/Project-Bags/MACW1_Mapac-Clear-Project-Bag-A1 cheap and big enough, fine for carrying for an event but again, I don't know about it's construction so unless the poster was wrapped I wouldn't use for long term storage.

I use these for my smaller items http://www.londongraphics.co.uk/searchresults/seawhites+box as they are archive safe and rigid to protect from crushing.

I think the problem is that there isn't much out there that is archive safe and flat for larger items as they seem to be mainly for A4/3 sizes.

Personally I think for large items like posters it's easiest and cheapest to just keep them in the cardboard tube.

Edited by Raylenth

Ahh, brilliant Raylenth - thanks for the advice.

You know what, I think I will frame it!  Like you mentioned, it may be some time before I get it signed by everyone I think will be available to sign it, so why not enjoy what I've got for now - 100% agree with that, I'm sold!

The links you've sent I'll keep note for future reference, much appreciated.

Thanks again

If you want to frame it you can either go for a cheap frame for now and get it properly done later or just go for it, though if you go for a cheap snap frame consider whether there is enough room for a mount - never frame signed items without a mount.

42 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

If you want to frame it you can either go for a cheap frame for now and get it properly done later or just go for it, though if you go for a cheap snap frame consider whether there is enough room for a mount - never frame signed items without a mount.

Oops.

Rogue one actors - R1 poster
Mike Colter - Mondo Luke Cage vinyl soundtrack
Alan Tudyk - Serenity poster
Steven Yeun & Emily Kinney - TWD poster
Wai Ching Ho - Daredevil poster
Rick Gonzalez & Joe Dincol - Arrow poster
Michelle Harrison - Flash poster
Indira Varma - GOT poster

If there is a Defenders poster onsale by then I will start one of those too :)

2 hours ago, only_jay said:

Rogue one actors - R1 poster
Mike Colter - Mondo Luke Cage vinyl soundtrack
Alan Tudyk - Serenity poster
Steven Yeun & Emily Kinney - TWD poster
Wai Ching Ho - Daredevil poster
Rick Gonzalez & Joe Dincol - Arrow poster
Michelle Harrison - Flash poster
Indira Varma - GOT poster

If there is a Defenders poster onsale by then I will start one of those too :)

That's a lot of posters to carry :huh: 

33 minutes ago, theEmperor said:

That's a lot of posters to carry :huh: 

It's not so hard, I've never had that many, I think I may have had 4 at the most, you just roll them together in a poster tube, the proper plastic ones not the cardboard ones and they all fit in fine.

• Like 1

Sylvester McCoy to sign my 13 Doctors figures set. Already got it signed by Tom Baker, Peter Davison and Colin Baker. Plus to carry on the tradition from last year of getting my 11 Doctors figure set signed by Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann. Other guests I'll get regular autographs, plus plenty of photo shoots

3 hours ago, Raylenth said:

It's not so hard, I've never had that many, I think I may have had 4 at the most, you just roll them together in a poster tube, the proper plastic ones not the cardboard ones and they all fit in fine.

Yeah it's not too bad! Some of them are mini posters so I carry them in a portfolio case flat, easy to get out too! :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Merchwithamouthx said:

I'm going to get this signed by Tom Skerritt and Veronica Cartwright even got my self some paint pens to match the colour of th suits 

funko+330.JPG

Ohhhhh how funky do they look in that packaging :-D old school arty stuff.

• Like 2

I have a strong Pop Vinyl collection of over 150 with quite a few signed so I'll be taking some of my rarer pops to get squiggled on: 

Red Cap Glenn Rhee pop for Steven Yeun. 

My retired Emperor Palps pop for Ian McDiarmid.  

Governor pop vinyl for David Morrisey. 

Another Boba Fett will be getting signed by Bullock.  

K2-S0 Pop for Tudyk. 

Iron Fist Pop and Luke Cage (Retro look) pop for Jones and Colter to sign each. 

Very excited this year!!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/05/2017 at 10:58 PM, RomeroSavini said:

Ohhhhh how funky do they look in that packaging :-D old school arty stuff.

Yeah they look awesome even though dallas and kane have got the action man look if you see what i mean :lol: and i wonder if the late great John Hurt would've been attending if was still alive R.I.P John you are badly missed :(

2 minutes ago, Marveladdict said:

I hope this isn't the wrong thread to post this in but with the diamond pass do you still have to pay extra to get any memorabilia signed?

Yes, you only get the number specified in the pass included.  Any extras you want have to be paid for.

• Like 1