Questions about the new forum

Starbug

21 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Only just realised that the spoiler function has gone.  I didn't use it often but it was useful as you could say what you wanted but people wouldn't see it if they didn't want to.

Yes, it is.

I will have a look if it is hiding somewhere.

• Like 1

Also Mrs Queen, this isn't a new forum problem, and I don't know if this is an issue for anyone else, but when I click on the tickets link from the LFCC website it takes ages to actually go though, I've just timed it and it took 45 seconds to connect through.  I know that's not long really but it's longer than it should take and if it's like that during quiet times I'd hate to see how bad it would get if there's a rush on tickets, which is bad enough normally.  It happens to me on my home and work computers so I presume it's not an isolated issue, and it's been happening for a couple of months now so it's not a one off.

• Like 1

Hmmmm, thanks Mr Lemming, I've just tried going directly to Eventbrite and it went through quickly for me so not sure where the issue is then.

EDIT: Just tested it twice, going to Eventbrite.co.uk goes through instantly, using the link directly to the LFCC Eventbrite page takes ages.

Edited by Raylenth

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

Also Mrs Queen, this isn't a new forum problem, and I don't know if this is an issue for anyone else, but when I click on the tickets link from the LFCC website it takes ages to actually go though, I've just timed it and it took 45 seconds to connect through.  I know that's not long really but it's longer than it should take and if it's like that during quiet times I'd hate to see how bad it would get if there's a rush on tickets, which is bad enough normally.  It happens to me on my home and work computers so I presume it's not an isolated issue, and it's been happening for a couple of months now so it's not a one off.

I've had the same issue for a while now.

I think the speed on the actual Eventbrite page can get kind of slow because of the number of tickets listed. But I will try to get this confirmed in case I remember wrong. The "connection speed" may actually be an issue due to that too.

Thanks Queen Sindel, that sound right seeing as the issue is with the Showmasters page rather than the website as a whole.   C24 took just as long but randomly trying Sheffield and that went through almost instantly.

Edited by Raylenth

On 4/23/2017 at 7:40 PM, TerraHawk said:

I've just noticed give or take a pixel the new forum fits my avatar perfectly.

Just noticed this, and it;s not urgent in the slightest, but whilst the original posts are in d/m/y format, quoting turns it American to m/d/y, as you can see above.

Edited by Raylenth

43 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Just noticed this, and it;s not urgent in the slightest, but whilst the original posts are in d/m/y format, quoting turns it American to m/d/y, as you can see above.

Okay, who else sees this? Cause I see normal European format in the quotes.

Actually that might be the issue then, that the forum is displaying in the American system, Month then Day.  But not sure why your's would read OK Queen

Edited by Raylenth

Okay, so that makes three versions now? For me older posts are showing as month (with the month's name fully spelled out) and then day. in the quote it says for example 23.04.2017.

EDIT: I'll dig deeper, but the forum settings I have located so far seem to indicate the way wjbleming sees the dates is the pre-set one. 

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Yeah, I'm seeing it the same way you have laid it out Queen, older posts as Month fully spelled & day.  I hadn't noticed that before.  If that's the way it's set then please don't worry about changing it, it's only mildly annoying and I guess I'm the only one who thinks that :P

Edited by Raylenth

On 09/04/2017 at 11:41 PM, RichBDW said:

Hey, I don't seem to have the option to reply to topics on the Cardiff forum when using my mobile. Neither the green 'Reply to this topic' box at the top of a thread nor the white box at the end. It lets me start new topics though! I checked all the other event forums and it's the same case for the Newcastle one in October, but every other is fine :huh:

Checked again and it's still the same. Not an urgent issue as I was only going to put a few guest suggestions, just wondered if anybody else had noticed the same?

33 minutes ago, RichBDW said:

Checked again and it's still the same. Not an urgent issue as I was only going to put a few guest suggestions, just wondered if anybody else had noticed the same?

Yup I'm seeing the same. Not able to comment on any thread in the Cardiff sub-forum.

7 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Yup I'm seeing the same. Not able to comment on any thread in the Cardiff sub-forum.

Sorry, I overlooked the first post cause I was travelling that week. Is it working now?

For some reason I can't grasp the reply Option was disabled in both sub-Forums.

1 minute ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Sorry, I overlooked the first post cause I was travelling that week. Is it working now?

For some reason I can't grasp the reply Option was disabled in both sub-Forums.

Yup, that seems to have got it. Good work QS! Does seems strange that it had been switched off. Definitely been some Gremlins in this new forum!

36 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Yup, that seems to have got it. Good work QS! Does seems strange that it had been switched off. Definitely been some Gremlins in this new forum!

Yeah, it's enabled a few things that previously had been disabled and disabled some other things. It's quite strange and not at all what they told us.

But well, as no one Feeds it after midnight. :P

• Like 1