Questions about the new forum

Starbug

20 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

yeah, the plan I had was finishing that Aristocats drawing tonight. lol That was scrapped.

We're leaving for Disneyland Paris Monday.

Thanks Queen Sindal for changing it back to starbug 

• Like 1

Ahhh, saw the change yesterday but thought it was some kind of emergency format as it had gone down beforehand.  I'm sure I'll work out the benefits of the new format in time (right now am at the uncomfortable and scratchy unfamiliar stage), although I don't like the way it shows all activity in that tab (including details of what's in the post, which means a risk of spoilers too).  If anyone figures out how to filter it to show new posts only, could you please let the more clueless among us (OK, me) know?

17 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

They were working for me last night on my home computer but I've blocked them on my work one. You starting this thread has shown me that I don't appear to be getting emails for new threads though.

Having a look at my notification settings, it seems the email for new content I follow option has been disabled. I know the mods have had a bit of a time with resetting everything on here with the change, but is there a reason for this? It was very handy to get an email for new threads, especially for guest announcements.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wrong Name said:

Having a look at my notification settings, it seems the email for new content I follow option has been disabled. I know the mods have had a bit of a time with resetting everything on here with the change, but is there a reason for this? It was very handy to get an email for new threads, especially for guest announcements.

Exactly the reason. 

Sorry, that was collateral damage when I tried to fix the signatures. ><

Should be fixed again now though. I've set e-mails active and enabled "user can Change Setting" too.

Can everyone do me a favor though and post such things in the Topic in General Chat? I will be renaming it "New Forum Questions" or something like that shortly. If you all make separate Topics (and in Event sections) chances are big something gets overlooked.

• Like 1

Thanks for looking at the notification settings @Queen_Sindel. It's nearly there! I'm seeing this at the moment:

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-04%20at%2015.10.

The emails for content is back, but I can't toggle them on or off (fine for me but might annoy others). I also can't turn off the emails for someone I follow making a post. It's nice when they they post something but I don't need to know about it that badly!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Can you try logging out and logging in again please? It's definitely all enabled in the admin panel. If the logging in again doesn't work I will have to submit a ticket.

the only thing that is disabled for users is turning off moderator warnings. ;)

56 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Don't know if it helps but I've just checked mine and I can turn them all off and on.

Just tried it on my phone and I can change it all. Strange. I'll let you know QS if I see it again. Thanks.

22 hours ago, StuartG2198 said:

The signature feature does still exist  they just don't seem to be displaying as they were.  Please bear with us whilst we get a few answers and an idea of how some of our new features work.

Thank you for explaining that, Stuart.

4 minutes ago, spengler said:

Will it be enabled in the future?

Doubt it. It would lead to breaking of forum rules like bullying, discussing other events, etc, right under the mods noses, Spengler. :smile:

Edited by wjbleming