Questions about the new forum

Starbug

I have to say that me being a bit set in my ways and not liking change I wasn't too happy with the new look forum. However I admit that now the mods have tweaked it so signatures are back and I can see who likes my posts that I now prefer it to the old one!

On 4/6/2017 at 8:04 PM, Wrong Name said:

Scroll down on that page and you will see some switches that look like this (along with some more that aren't pictured:

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-04%20at%2015.10.

In the General section, make sure the 'New content for things I follow' switch has the green tick in the email column. If it's already ticked, then you might need to check you've entered your email address correctly.

Can confirm email notifications are working

16 hours ago, Tony1975 said:

I have to say that me being a bit set in my ways and not liking change I wasn't too happy with the new look forum. However I admit that now the mods have tweaked it so signatures are back and I can see who likes my posts that I now prefer it to the old one!

Sorry this took so long. We were told everything would just carry over, and that wasn't exactly what has been happening.

Just now, ChloeLou said:

I'm pretty sure it is, but the notifications aren't coming through. :huh:

It might be bet to screen cap the section in notifications Chloe, so we can see what settings you have on or off.  In case you haven't done it before though you have to save the image to a site like Photobucket though if you want to upload images.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

It might be bet to screen cap the section in notifications Chloe, so we can see what settings you have on or off.  In case you haven't done it before though you have to save the image to a site like Photobucket though if you want to upload images.

I will do that now.  Thank you, Raylenth! :smile:

On 4/6/2017 at 8:04 PM, Wrong Name said:

Scroll down on that page and you will see some switches that look like this (along with some more that aren't pictured:

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-04%20at%2015.10.

In the General section, make sure the 'New content for things I follow' switch has the green tick in the email column. If it's already ticked, then you might need to check you've entered your email address correctly.

Alternatively Wrong Name posted a screen cap of the bit you need to pay attention to Chloe, as shown above.  When you go to the notifications section of your profile make sure the 5th one down is ticked as shown above.

• Like 1

Hey, I don't seem to have the option to reply to topics on the Cardiff forum when using my mobile. Neither the green 'Reply to this topic' box at the top of a thread nor the white box at the end. It lets me start new topics though! I checked all the other event forums and it's the same case for the Newcastle one in October, but every other is fine :huh:

22 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Alternatively Wrong Name posted a screen cap of the bit you need to pay attention to Chloe, as shown above.  When you go to the notifications section of your profile make sure the 5th one down is ticked as shown above.

I think I have it sorted now.  Thank you for your help, Raylenth! :smile: