Questions about the new forum

Starbug

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Doubt it. It would lead to breaking of forum rules like bullying, discussing other events, etc, right under the mods noses, Spengler. :smile:

It's a feature on the forum that has always been switched off, primarily because off some of the issues mentioned above.  As wjbleming said it's very difficult for us as moderators to deal with any issues that occur in direct messenger format so the organisers made the decision based on that.

1 minute ago, evilfairie said:

Came home today to a dozen emails telling me Raylenth had posted stuff. Turned that off pronto, I mean, I love you Raylenth but my inbox would get full pretty quick if I left that feature on. :lol:

No probs Evil, I turned it off after the first audible ping notification, so I agree with you wholeheartedly!  :wub:

• Like 1

QS I've just emailed you a couple of screen caps of issues I've just had with the forum going mental.  I'm back on now so it was only momentary but I thought you might want to see the error messages anyway.

I just remembered this as well, I don't know if this happens to anyone else but the time between pressing the submit button on a post and it actually going up seems like ages, it definitely takes a lot longer for comments to be posted.

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

I just remembered this as well, I don't know if this happens to anyone else but the time between pressing the submit button on a post and it actually going up seems like ages, it definitely takes a lot longer for comments to be posted.

Yeah that's happening with me too :(

6 hours ago, Faerie Tanith said:

I'll be that person and ask-- is there a reason for this change? I mean was its purpose to improve something? 

Invision considered the old Software outdated and was no longer providing security updates or fixing errors. There were Problems with the search function and Access from mobile devices.

There's still some Background Migration going on. It should be completed at some Point tomorrow hopefully. Then things should go faster again. If you Encounter an error like search crashing etc. that should stop after the indexing is completed too.

We've been informed by Invision that the signatures will be back when this is completed too.

56 minutes ago, para50 said:

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but is there 'recent threads' box on the main page going to come back?

Wouldn't think so as we now have the 'Activity' thread at the top of the main page showing all recent postings, para.

1 hour ago, Wrong Name said:

Very much missing the jump to first unread post option :(

This is one of the things that may come back when the Forum is fully functional and everything has been indexed. At least I am thinking it is - the admin Panel Looks completely different too, sorry.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

This is one of the things that may come back when the Forum is fully functional and everything has been indexed. At least I am thinking it is - the admin Panel Looks completely different too, sorry.

Seems to be working now - it's not a text link anymore though, it means clicking on the little filled circle before the topic title

• Like 1