Questions about the new forum

Starbug

15 minutes ago, charlesberg said:

maybe its a joke? rimmer was always trying to learn esperanto

Haha you got me on that one i just find it strange all that time i was known as starbug and now changed esperanto i just find it wired i have also noticed that no one has a signature on here now as well 

5 minutes ago, Esperanto said:

Haha you got me on that one i just find it strange all that time i was known as starbug and now changed esperanto i just find it wired i have also noticed that no one has a signature on here now as well 

I have only just noticed no one has a signature.  I can't find the signature setting, either.  I wonder where it went? :huh:

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Esperanto said:

I know the forum has just been updated but would any one why my name has changed and would it be possible to change it back to Starbug ?

Starbug, I don't know why your username has changed to Spanish, has anyone else encountered any issues?.

I am trying to have a play with the new controls to fix it but have to admit the update caught me off guard as well.

I remember when showmasters updated the forum last time they notified every one before it went in to maintence and said there will be some changes 

Edited by Esperanto

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, ChloeLou said:

I have only just noticed no one has a signature.  I can't find the signature setting, either.  I wonder where it went? :huh:

The signature feature does still exist  they just don't seem to be displaying as they were.  Please bear with us whilst we get a few answers and an idea of how some of our new features work.

• Like 1

Unfortunately this update was necessary due to some bugs - search, forum not being accesible on mobile devices etc. Plus Invision was no longer offering security updates for the new forum.

I got a warning a little while ago earlier tonight, but unfortunately I was out seeing a movie too and didn't catch it. I will have a look at the signatures. User names should not have been changed, it was really only a version update. Any other issues please post here.

1 minute ago, StuartG2198 said:

When you got your notification Reylenth, did it say which user liked your comment or did it just say people again?

It was a notification that Wrong Name had quoted me Stuart, as it does in the notification bell icon at the top of the forum when you did this quote as well.  It seems it can handle those names fine but it hasn't displayed a user name for the likes at all.

• Moderators
Just now, Raylenth said:

It was a notification that Wrong Name had quoted me Stuart, as it does in the notification bell icon at the top of the forum when you did this quote as well.  It seems it can handle those names fine but it hasn't displayed a user name for the likes at all.

How strange, thanks Reylenth

A lot of the default settings were changed. I am trying to go through everything and change it, but it will take a while. The admin panel looks different too and you all don't want me to delete the forum by accident, right?

I will have a look at the notifications and turn that general setting off too. I agree, it's a tad annoying.

As for user names changing: the reason for that is that you had a log in name and a different display name. This new software does not allow that anymore. So Mr Esperanto, I will make you Starbug again in a moment. And the Rimmer theory was right. ;)