Autograph/VQ question

Hi :)

I will be coming to LF&CC this year for the first time from quite far away (well, Lithuania, to be precise). I've been to few events in Europe before and I want to come to London this year.

As I am not very familiar with all that Virtual Queue system, I want to ask You for help. I have a few questions about LF&CC:

1. Do all guests on the event get VQ autograph queueing system? Or is it only done for bigger names?

2. How does the queueing for an autograph look?

3. Where do I collect my VQ tickets?

4. Are those all sold/given in one spot for every guests, or in different spot for each guest?

5. What to do if I get, let's say 6 autograph tickets, and my number gets called for ALL (or majority of those) at the same time? Is it possible, that I won't make it, and by the time I go to another guest, other people are called and have no chance to get my autograph?

6. Where and when do I pay for an autograph?

7. Is the policy for Photoshoots simillar? If I have my photoshoot ticket bought before the event (from the websitre) - am I sure I will get my photo?

8. When it's the best option to start queueing outside the venue for the event? So that I can get there early enough to get everything I need?

9. How crowdy it looks inside? Is there enough space to move and breathe? (That's kinda the thing I'm most interested in).

10. I can visit only on Sunday (well, hope to make Saturday too). What's the best option - to buy Sunday ticket now, and later buy Saturday sepparately, or to buy Weekend Pass now (without knowing for sure if I'm gonna make Saturday)?

I know that's a lot. But I hope that someone could help me :) Sorry if there are any mistakes, (I'm still learning English). I hope all the questions are understandable.

Huge thanks!

!) No, smaller guests won't be on the VQ system unless they suddenly get really busy. My rule of thumb is that anyone £20 and over you should expect to be on a VQ ticket

2) Do you mean how long it the queue? The physical queue will only have about 20 people in it as that is the point of the VQ, to keep the line manageable and so that you aren't in 1 line for hours

3) The VQ for each guest is given out by the crew member standing at the head of the guests line. So you have to go to the table of each guest you want and collect the VQ ticket from the crew member standing there - the VQ's have the guests name on so you can check you have collected the right one.

4) see answer 3 - the guests are located on the same floor usually so you have to go to each table that you want

5) Not a problem, you can go through any time AFTER your number has been called, you don't have to go through the moment the number is put up.

6) in the queue, there will be a crew member who you pay before you get to the guest and it's cash or vouchers that can be bought from the Sales Desk

7) Unless the shoot is cancelled or you don't get to the shoot on time you will get your photo. Photo's are called in order - Diamond passes (for the diamond pass guest shoots), Gold pass, then batches in the batch number order. Batch numbers can be found on the ticket. About a week before the show the photo shoot schedule will be pinned to this forum so that you can see what time your shoots will be and in which photo booth. You can ask for advice on timings when the schedule is up if you wish and when you know what your batch numbers will be. Just make sure you are at the shoot before it finishes as they don't wait for stragglers. If the shoot ends at say 1.15 and you arrive at 1.20 they won't be waiting for you.

8) Hard to say as you can't be guaranteed to get what you want anyway. A lot of the guests are going to be very popular and extremely busy so it's not guaranteed that everyone who gets a VQ ticket will get through their autograph queue as it depends on how many items each person wants signed and how slow or quick the guest signs. The earlier you can get there the better but in my experience most people get there between 8-9 am but if you want all the top guests it's best to be there as early as possible. It does depend on who you want to see as well though.

9) Last year it was very spacious and the crowd wasn't bad but each year is different as attendee levels fluctuate with the guests attending.

10) It's up to you. Showmasters try to warn if the tickets are running low but if there is a surge of sales it can sell out before they can put up a warning. I'd buy Sunday and you can then either buy a separate Saturday later or contact the Shop to upgrade to a Weekend ( your ticket will be changed from Sunday to Weekend and you will be charged the difference)

Hope that helps, please do ask anything else or for clarification if it's not clear.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

Not all guests will have a VQ, it depends how busy they are. You can collect your VQ tickets from the guests queue line, there will be a crew mwmber handing them out if the guest has them. If the guest doesn't have a VQ you just join the back of their line. You can go anytime after your VQ number has been called as they are called in batches I.E 1-30, 31-50 etc. If you Buy your photo ticket you will get your photo as long as you make sure you are in the queue at the appropriate time. Morning queuing is entirely up to you and what you hope to get. I know people that queue form 6am and I know people that arrive at 8:50am. There is plenty of space inside to breathe and walk

• Like 1

Not all guests will have a VQ, it depends how busy they are. You can collect your VQ tickets from the guests queue line, there will be a crew mwmber handing them out if the guest has them. If the guest doesn't have a VQ you just join the back of their line. You can go anytime after your VQ number has been called as they are called in batches I.E 1-30, 31-50 etc. If you Buy your photo ticket you will get your photo as long as you make sure you are in the queue at the appropriate time. Morning queuing is entirely up to you and what you hope to get. I know people that queue form 6am and I know people that arrive at 8:50am. There is plenty of space inside to breathe and walk

Thanks for your reply! ;)

!) No, smaller guests won't be on the VQ system unless they suddenly get really busy. My rule of thumb is that anyone £20 and over you should expect to be on a VQ ticket

2) Do you mean how long it the queue? The physical queue will only have about 20 people in it as that is the point of the VQ, to keep the line manageable and so that you aren't in 1 line for hours

3) The VQ for each guest is given out by the crew member standing at the head of the guests line. So you have to go to the table of each guest you want and collect the VQ ticket from the crew member standing there - the VQ's have the guests name on so you can check you have collected the right one.

4) see answer 3 - the guests are located on the same floor usually so you have to go to each table that you want

5) Not a problem, you can go through any time AFTER your number has been called, you don't have to go through the moment the number is put up.

6) in the queue, there will be a crew member who you pay before you get to the guest and it's cash or vouchers that can be bought from the Sales Desk

7) Unless the shoot is cancelled or you don't get to the shoot on time you will get your photo.

8) Hard to say as you can't be guaranteed to get what you want. A lot of the guests are going to be very popular and extremely busy so it's not guaranteed that everyone who gets a VQ ticket will get through their autograph queue as it depends on how many items each person wants signed and how slow or quick the guest signs. The earlier you can get their the better but in my experience most people get there between 8-9 am but if you want all the top guests it's best to be there as early as possible.

9) Last year it was very spacious and the crowd wasn't bad but each year is different as attendee levels fluctuate with the guests attending.

10) It's up to you. Showmasters try to warn if the tickets are running low but if there is a surge of sales it can sell out before they can put up a warning. I'd buy Sunday and you can then either buy a separate Saturday later or contact the Shop to upgrade to a Weekend ( your ticket will be changed from Sunday to Weekend and you will be charged the difference)

Hope that helps, please do ask anything else or for clarification if it's not clear.

Awesome. Thanks! It's really helpful :)

Fanowaty, you might want to amend your signature as you can't mention any events for other companies on here. It's fine to list any event that is run by or in association with Showmasters but the rest will need to be removed, if the moderators see it they will have to ask you to take them off anyway.

• Like 1

The others have pretty much answered your queries but a few things I like to mention:

3. Where do I collect my VQ tickets?

Bear in mind it's one VQ ticket per person. If you want to bring a friend to carry bags/take photos, they will need a ticket as well. You can only collect one ticket so if you want a ticket for a friend who's coming in later, you'll need to go back to the VQ ticket queue to be able to get another one.

6. Where and when do I pay for an autograph?

Bring as many £5 notes as possible. It helps the crewmembers as they can run out of them quickly when it comes to giving change.

I used this method and had a few compliments and praises.

7. Is the policy for Photoshoots simillar? If I have my photoshoot ticket bought before the event (from the websitre) - am I sure I will get my photo?

10. I can visit only on Sunday (well, hope to make Saturday too). What's the best option - to buy Sunday ticket now, and later buy Saturday sepparately, or to buy Weekend Pass now (without knowing for sure if I'm gonna make Saturday)?

Make sure you buy the right day for your entry ticket as well as photoshoot tickets for the right day.

i.e. If you mistakenly buy a Saturday ticket (I'm sure you won't) and come on the Sunday, they won't let you in and you're unlikely to get a refund.

If you buy a Sunday ticket, and mistakenly buy a photoshoot ticket for Saturday(again, I'm sure you won't), you'll have to buy the photoshoot ticket for Sunday, and you're unlikely to get a refund for the Saturday ticket.

9. How crowdy it looks inside? Is there enough space to move and breathe? (That's kinda the thing I'm most interested in)

Last year's wasn't too crowded unlike 2015.

The only busiest areas I noticed are the guest areas, as well as a couple of photoshoot areas on the Saturday.

Saturday is the most busiest, Friday's is the quietest and Sunday is somewhere in between.

Edited by Sebster118
  • Like 1

Regarding

The Weekend Pass includes Friday so is more expensive than buying Saturday and Sunday separately so it is only worth getting if you will be attending all 3 days.

• 4 months later...

Question, and a possible suggestion.

Are the VQ batch numbers for the auto / photo queues broadcast over (say) twitter - and if not could they be? Eg -  'Benedict Wong - VQ 200 and below'

Its just a thought  if you could check twitter and see what range a guests VQ ticket was in so you know when to return - and dont have to keep going up and down the stairs between the dealers stalls and the signing area. 

No, updates over social media have been discussed before but it's not something SM are able to do at the moment.  Also given the amount of people at the event all trying to log on connection to the internet can be spotty at best.

2 minutes ago, Tom Beaker said:

Question, and a possible suggestion.

Are the VQ batch numbers for the auto / photo queues broadcast over (say) twitter - and if not could they be? Eg -  'Benedict Wong - VQ 200 and below'

Its just a thought  if you could check twitter and see what range a guests VQ ticket was in so you know when to return - and dont have to keep going up and down the stairs between the dealers stalls and the signing area. 

The Showmasters Twitter is run by 1 guy, and he's a volunteer. He's usually busy enough as it is answering questions for people so I don't think he'll be able to keep on top of VQ numbers for a round 100 guests! I know the idea of an app has been asked for a few times but nothings ever happened with it. 

Just now, Wrong Name said:

The Showmasters Twitter is run by 1 guy, and he's a volunteer. He's usually busy enough as it is answering questions for people so I don't think he'll be able to keep on top of VQ numbers for a round 100 guests! I know the idea of an app has been asked for a few times but nothings ever happened with it. 

Plus, he's attending LFCC for his enjoyment, and deserves the break when he can get it. :smile:

1 minute ago, Wrong Name said:

No worries it was just a thought I had in the shower!

Bonus question - If I go to get a VQ ticket, can I also obtain one for my partner at the same time (as she may be off queuing in a different queue? I know the rule is each person must have a VQ ticket however as we will be carrying some bulky items between us it would make the auto experience a lot smoother with a extra pair of hands. Only one of us would be getting the autos (so we wouldn't be trying a 2-fer on the same ticket!!). Wangling a A1 art folder and posters takes more than two hands!

1 minute ago, Tom Beaker said:

No worries it was just a thought I had in the shower!

Bonus question - If I go to get a VQ ticket, can I also obtain one for my partner at the same time (as she may be off queuing in a different queue? I know the rule is each person must have a VQ ticket however as we will be carrying some bulky items between us it would make the auto experience a lot smoother with a extra pair of hands. Only one of us would be getting the autos (so we wouldn't be trying a 2-fer on the same ticket!!). Wangling a A1 art folder and posters takes more than two hands!

It's one per person I'm afraid so she would need to collect it herself. And yes, you would need one each.

Edited by Wrong Name

Yes, that's what a lot of people think. We are mods, we don't get time off.

There was a huge hullaballoo one year when someone reported that the Gold Pass Room had run out of Sweets on here - the one year when half of the mods were at the Show working and the other half were attending. We got yelled at because we didn't drop everything as we were Standing and ran to fix the issue.

I will be home and on here as much as I can. But seeing I am not physically at the Show I have to Forward any questions, and seeing the Crew is working I can't get an immediate Response/fix most of the time.

4 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

There was a huge hullaballoo one year when someone reported that the Gold Pass Room had run out of Sweets on here - the one year when half of the mods were at the Show working and the other half were attending. We got yelled at because we didn't drop everything as we were Standing and ran to fix the issue.

The Gold Room ran out of sweets and caused a meltdown?

This why we cant have nice things! Sigh. 

3 minutes ago, Tom Beaker said:

The Gold Room ran out of sweets and caused a meltdown?

This why we cant have nice things! Sigh. 

Two meltdowns. One of the Initial user complaining and a second one later that day when people who also were at the Event but were not checking the phone had a go at the mods.