misssaigonaddict

Anyone looking forward to the beauty and the beast live action remake

25 posts in this topic

I thort I would share this topic in the general chat it's my all time favourite movie from 1991 and was my first ever movie I saw in the cinema my favourite characters where.

Beast

Belle

Gaston

Lumier

and cogsworth

Back in 1997 never got round to seeing it in the westend as I was so young at 7 years old

Me and the family are big fans of Disney, the wife is desperate to go next weekend so hopefully we will see it then. The live action remakes they've done so far, the jungle book in particular, was fantastic so hopefully it will be as good, early reviews are certainly positive.

Edited by StuartG2198

I am! It's one of my favourite Disney movies and this remake has a pretty good cast.

Hmm, I'm a bith in the middle. I've never really liked one of their live action remakes so far (Maleficent was terrible, the others were okay) and honestly, I'm not crazy about the look of the Beast and the servants just look so weird xD

But on the other hand, I love musicals and am really looking forward to seeing these songs brought to life. On top of that, Luke Evans is an awesome actor and I can't wayt to see what he'll do with Gaston.

To be fair, Maleficent wasn't really supposed to be a remake, more an 'alternate' version of Sleeping Beauty.

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney film....so I was a bit apprehensive when this was announced.

I started getting doubts after seeing (in my opinion) questionable casting and the trailers seemed to suggest very average visual effects.

And sadly the reviews seem to support those fears. Any enthusiasm I had has plummeted and it's going to take a Meerkat Movies viewing at my local £4 cinema for me to now consider going....

Yes, yes i am looking forward to it. I love the 1991 film and seeing how it translates in to a live action feature is intriguing at the very least. Jungle Book turned out quite well....

I am looking forward to it BUT it really bugs me that Beasts Horns are on the wrong way round and a lot bigger and also missing the 2 front canine teeth, i know i'm being picky but they have the reference material its not hard to follow it.

Im actually looking forward to it, never seen the original animation version,in fact can count on one hand all anitmation films i've ever seen. So never seeing it i can go in with an open mind i think also the fact that dont know the story also helps, i know girl meets beast and guess they fall in love and thats it so wont be disappointed if the story strays from original.

Im actually looking forward to it, never seen the original animation version,in fact can count on one hand all anitmation films i've ever seen. So never seeing it i can go in with an open mind i think also the fact that dont know the story also helps, i know girl meets beast and guess they fall in love and thats it so wont be disappointed if the story strays from original.

Emma Watson is a terrible actress.

:eek:....slowly.......backs......out of thread

Hey, you get back in here if you want to disagree with me.

Im actually looking forward to it, never seen the original animation version,in fact can count on one hand all anitmation films i've ever seen.

You on the other hand can leave, get yourself down to your local video store (they still exist right?) and get yourself an animation education. Just start with the entire works of Disney, Ghibli, Laika and Aardman.

I'm in two minds I adore the Disney era the original was part of

But the clips and trailers leave me underwhelmed. I think Emma Watson is a godawful actress and not nearly attractive enough to be Belle.

The CGI/motion capture on Dan Stevens Beast looks just bad, they could have done an amazing make up job on him instead and speaking of CG Lumiere and Cogsworth just don't FEEL right.

I accept those two points are my own hatred of CG verses puppets and make up and in the film will function just fine.

The main reason I will see it in the cinema is the new songs and that original score which is timeless.

So Im interested but wary

My favourite Disney film is The Jungle Book, so I was a bit nervous when they announced they were doing a live-action remake. I went into the cinema with low expectations, but was surprised, it was very good! I saw it in the cinema twice! :smile:

As for Beauty and the Beast, I'm seeing it on Sunday with some friends. I'm looking forward to seeing what it will be like... :smile:

My favourite Disney film is The Jungle Book, so I was a bit nervous when they announced they were doing a live-action remake. I went into the cinema with low expectations, but was surprised, it was very good! I saw it in the cinema twice! :smile:

As for Beauty and the Beast, I'm seeing it on Sunday with some friends. I'm looking forward to seeing what it will be like... :smile:

There should be another Jungle Book next year as well.

1 person likes this

I'm seeing it tomorrow aswell looking forward to it

There should be another Jungle Book next year as well.

Yes, I read about that. I'm quite looking forward to seeing what it will be like! :smile:

1 person likes this

I'm seeing it tomorrow aswell looking forward to it

I didn't see it on Sunday in the end, since one of my friends who was meant to be coming couldn't make it. So, I'm seeing it next Saturday instead. Looking forward to it, though! :smile:

Saw it tonight! I was super apprehensive but I absoloutly loved it!

It was ok. They didn't really try to do anything different with it and there were a few bad performances but it wasn't bad.

I really want to see this but can't get to a cinema in the foreseeable future...

Alas, my luck changed! I've just come from the cinema with such a spring in my step I gave myself a stitch!

It was so beautiful. I cried-- legitimately cried-- at three separate points.

2 people like this

Alas, my luck changed! I've just come from the cinema with such a spring in my step I gave myself a stitch!

It was so beautiful. I cried-- legitimately cried-- at three separate points.

I cried during three points as well.  Such a beautiful film!

1 person likes this