LOGAN Movie -NO SPOILERS

CarolS

As a closing chapter I thought it hit a lot of right notes with Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart giving great performances. Richard E Grant and Boyd Holbrook are acceptable villians without having to sink into scenery chewing camp, something the X-Men films have been guilty of a lot.

The action scenes were well handled by James Mangold, much like his work on The Wolverine, he seems to be able to get the best out of everyone involved, and the film defintely benefits from a director known for drama not action at the helm.

I did feel like the swearing was too much, just because you have the 15 rating, doesn't mean you have to drop f-bombs every 30 seconds, this coming from someone who curses a lot in life.

The film has issues in the overly sombre tone, and some of the third act relevations felt trite and almost Mad Max beyond thunderdome. Stephen Merchant, although great has too little screen time to really do much with, and some of the CGI felt rubbery and out of place.

The violence is GRAPHIC but somehow unlike the swearing, this doesn't feel out of place, it fits the context of the story and Logan's journey through the film.

Don't go in expecting a standard comic book movie because this ain't that.

Loved it! Laura / X-23 is one of my favourite characters ever, and I had very little hope that we would get a decent live action version. What we have is way more than decent, she's amazing!!

Maybe the movie is a bit too long. And a couple scenes (the family dinner, the chase in the woods at the end) felt a bit too similar to the first movie. But overall I enjoyed it immensely. It feels more like a Unforgiven-type western than a superhero movie, which is great!

• Like 1

Yes Laura was outstanding. fabulous casting there.

I felt too it could have been a little shorter but totally forgivrn as it was great.

Loved it! Laura / X-23 is one of my favourite characters ever, and I had very little hope that we would get a decent live action version. What we have is way more than decent, she's amazing!!

Maybe the movie is a bit too long. And a couple scenes (the family dinner, the chase in the woods at the end) felt a bit too similar to the first movie. But overall I enjoyed it immensely. It feels more like a Unforgiven-type western than a superhero movie, which is great!

• Like 1

Loved every minute of it. I am not a huge fan of superhero movies, particularly Marvel ones but I found this film to be excellent. Certainly many a re-watch in the future and is a genuine 10/10 film for me which is extremely rare.

Was Stan Lee in this? I didn't see him.. :no:

I didn't see him but someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he's been in any of the X-Men films that I can remember (not counting Deadpool)

He has been, Wrong. :smile:

He's on the beach when the senator comes out of the ocean in X-Men, The Last Stand he's holding a hose in the prologue, Apocalypse he's hugging his wife outside of their home. he's not in DoFP and X2 and can't remember Origins Wolverine or The Wolverine. :smile:

Was Stan Lee in this? I didn't see him.. :no:

I didn't see him but someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he's been in any of the X-Men films that I can remember (not counting Deadpool)

He has been, Wrong. :smile:

He's on the beach when the senator comes out of the ocean in X-Men, The Last Stand he's holding a hose in the prologue, Apocalypse he's hugging his wife outside of their home. he's not in DoFP and X2 and can't remember Origins Wolverine or The Wolverine. :smile:

Fair enough, now that you mention them I do remember. To be fair though, Last Stand is terrible, so I don't watch it often and I've only seen Apocalypse once in the cinema! I watched 'The Wolverine' the other day, and I don't recall him being in that, unless I looked away when he was on! So it seems it's a bit random as to whether or not he's in them then.