Pass Collection

CarolS

Depends when you get there.  Last year people I know who did the thursday pick up said it took a couple of hours but they would be happy to do it again. Depends on if they have reworked the way they are doing it though and how many passes you are collecting.

Sound potentially annoying.. I'm not getting there till rather late on the Saturday morning about 8:30am.. probably have to Que for an hour and a bit to get into the venue, then que again for Diamond pass.. 

Yes, it is staff matters along with some other things - the venue is booked and laid out for set up that night only. No one wants an attendee being run over by a car when the dealers are setting up. So they need to find a safe spot that the venue is okay with too.

This is very often only definitely confirmed on short notice because as well all know from Birmingham and the safety there: things can change very rapidly nowadays. If something is confirmed 4 weeks prior, gets changed 3 times and the night before it's a "sorry, we are not doing it" that only annoys people too, so it's not happening.

As for crew not showing up: I don't think anyone will get mad at me when I say that there have been days when 25 percent of the volunteers who had committed to that day did not show up - most of them didn't even call out.

I normally don't work crew at event weekends because I do most of my volunteering here online and because I have some health issues which make me personally hesistant to crew. Anyway, pretty much all LFACCs I attended in the last years I ended up being roped in for crewing, partly even full days. Often enough I was even begging friends of mine to come help. There's always some extra crew members being signed up for. But the no show rate has been on the raise constantly the last few years.

TooTall was reorganising the DIamond Pass Pick Up, but I do not have details about it. I also do not have a timeframe when anything will be announced.

13 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Anyway, pretty much all LFACCs I attended in the last years I ended up being roped in for crewing, partly even full days. Often enough I was even begging friends of mine to come help. There's always some extra crew members being signed up for. But the no show rate has been on the raise constantly the last few years.

I ended up helping one year for the very reason that some hadn't turned up do you remember? :P

Edited by Raylenth