Pass Collection

CarolS

We could get them Thursday afternoon last year. I expect they will do it again but we won't find out for sure until nearer the time. There were separate queues for gold and diamond passed last year and if you had both you had to queue twice, so make sure you have a fair bit of time to get them.

This has already been asked, and it is still too early. We don't know yet.

forgot to reply first time lol

CarolS's PhotoCarolS

Today, 08:02 PM

Sorry if already asked. I know its early; however, as travelling a long way I need to know if worthwhile booking hotel for Thursday and getting flight Thursday too. which is not something i can do last minute.

Sorry, it's just that last time this question started off this major argument of "OMG you should know that yet!" I wasn't quite ready for another round of that.

If you have stuff to do thursday in London, like go shopping or to the West End to see a play or something I'd probably book Thursday and treat this as a bonus. But only booking to get your pass would be to risky for me personally.

Sorry, it's just that last time this question started off this major argument of "OMG you should know that yet!" I wasn't quite ready for another round of that.

If you have stuff to do thursday in London, like go shopping or to the West End to see a play or something I'd probably book Thursday and treat this as a bonus. But only booking to get your pass would be to risky for me personally.

ok thanks. i dont habe anything at moment for thursday but I will see what i could get up to and decide soon. hotel has thursday available for now for me ( already have friday and weekend booked) but thought would be easier if i could have all sorted thirsday. will look for news then when its decided. will it be added here? thanks again. Edited by CarolS

OMG you should know that by now!!

Go further down that road and I am taking away for tea priviledges. :P

Go further down that road and I am taking away for tea priviledges. :P

Eep I'll be good. Or offer coffee to the underworld. But in all seriousness last year wasn't perfect for diamond people who also had gold passes as they had to queue twice. Can I suggest this year two queues again, but if you have both you get them all at once.

• 3 weeks later...

Will it be possible to collect them on the day of the event?

Yes
Ok, thank you

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the staff handing out the diamond passes in the loading hall last year before the event started (pretty sure this was the case for the Saturday)

Edited by spengler

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the staff handing out the diamond passes in the loading hall last year before the event started (pretty sure this was the case for the Saturday)

they were, the collection point was hidden behind the giant TV screen.

Edited by Raylenth

• 1 month later...

Any new on this yet?   :)     Also, will it be better organised this year with Gold Pass Holders getting in before general....that did not go well last year, with general getting in same time and with them being nearer the side for autos they were able to get lowers VQ tickets, which is meant to be a perk of having gold that you get in early so chance to get low VQ tickets..  :)

1 minute ago, CarolS said:

Any new on this yet?   :)     Also, will it be better organised this year with Gold Pass Holders getting in before general....that did not go well last year, with general getting in same time and with them being nearer the side for autos they were able to get lowers VQ tickets, which is meant to be a perk of having gold that you get in early so chance to get low VQ tickets..  :)

We don't usually get this info until a lot closer to the show. Usually a week or two before. Hopefully the Gold Pass issues will be sorted.

I have a GA weekend ticket and have a Diamond Pass to collect, but won't be able to get to the venue until about 8:30 on the Friday. Are Diamond passes handed out in order that you collect them, or are you assigned a number when you buy one?

2 minutes ago, D4vem88 said:

I have a GA weekend ticket and have a Diamond Pass to collect, but won't be able to get to the venue until about 8:30 on the Friday. Are Diamond passes handed out in order that you collect them, or are you assigned a number when you buy one?

It is from when you buy them not collect, all the passes etc are already made up and ready for you  :)

8 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

We don't usually get this info until a lot closer to the show. Usually a week or two before. Hopefully the Gold Pass issues will be sorted.

hope get it  a bit before then, would be so good if can.    Yeah, I hope the issues are fixed from last year for that. 

4 minutes ago, CarolS said:

hope get it  a bit before then, would be so good if can.    Yeah, I hope the issues are fixed from last year for that. 

It was a very late announcement last year, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same this year. At the very earliest I doubt we will hear before Collectormania is over which is at the start of June. I expect it will be later though.

Edited by Wrong Name

32 minutes ago, CarolS said:

That issue with the not being let in earlier was one day last year. I personally reported it and Jason looked at it himself the next day. As for the Gold Pass holders being in a worse spot even with the earlier entrance, I'm afraid the venue only has so and so many entrances. I really don't know if there's one better located for location and purpose.

Any info about earlier pick up of passes will definitely not be posted until much closer in advance, I'd give it two weeks before the show at the very earliest.

18 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

That issue with the not being let in earlier was one day last year. I personally reported it and Jason looked at it himself the next day. As for the Gold Pass holders being in a worse spot even with the earlier entrance, I'm afraid the venue only has so and so many entrances. I really don't know if there's one better located for location and purpose.

Any info about earlier pick up of passes will definitely not be posted until much closer in advance, I'd give it two weeks before the show at the very earliest.

I will look out for notification then.

In regards to entry, I am afraid I have to disagree with you - it was not just one day....I was there all days and the second day we got in at same time as the general, which meant as they were closer to the auto area they got there first and got lower entry.  no issue with entrance if we got in a bit earlier like we should, but as we didn't - we didn't really get this benefit to the gold pass.   Sunday was better, but I do disagree it was only 1 day, based on my own  experience of being there as many in the queue with me will testify too.

Edited by CarolS