Latest Guest Announcement - TOM SKERRITT

showmasters

• 1 month later...

Ok, tonight I've been dithering over getting pics with Tom Skerritt & Veronica Cartwright (I am a massive Alien/Aliens etc fan).....I'm also trying to decide if I book said photos would an 83 year old and a 68 year old be up for posing with my toy Face-hugger while pulling a 'scared' face?! What do you think?! Anyone met either of these 2 before that can give me an idea of how it would be received?!

11 minutes ago, walkerbait said:

Ok, tonight I've been dithering over getting pics with Tom Skerritt & Veronica Cartwright (I am a massive Alien/Aliens etc fan).....I'm also trying to decide if I book said photos would an 83 year old and a 68 year old be up for posing with my toy Face-hugger while pulling a 'scared' face?! What do you think?! Anyone met either of these 2 before that can give me an idea of how it would be received?!

Tom seemed rather quiet when I met him at his last appearance. I would rather lean towards no amd would expect him to politely refuse at least the scared face part. I didn't meet Veronica, sorry.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Tom seemed rather quiet when I met him at his last appearance. I would rather lean towards no amd would expect him to politely refuse at least the scared face part. I didn't meet Veronica, sorry.

I might just go in and hold it myself then - definitely wouldn't want to make him uncomfortable:-)

• 3 weeks later...

While in the queue waiting for Tom Skerritt i looked across as both queues were running parallel-  Matt Lucas looked full of energy and getting right into it with every person that he met.  

It really put Tom Skerritt to shame who couldn't even be bothered to look up and acknowledge my presence = very disappointing.

It was the same in the photo shoot for a fair few people before me just looking straight ahead with hands together in front of him.  

To be fair he did make eye contact and shake my hand as I approached and a few after me - but looked like he was on medication for the first fair few fans and these were all Diamond pass fans ( not that there's any difference as we're all fans at the end of the day)  but the first few clearly made the extra effort - I'd of thought he'd of taken this into account having done a few events now.

Edited by S.H.R.E.K

I met tom on Sunday and he was friendly to me. I did go over when he had no q and was reading his book. So I got a good wee chat out of him. He seemed interested in our conversation. He did look very tired and it is a long weekend for a guy of his age. I'm glad I had a good experience with him :D

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, S.H.R.E.K said:

It really put Tom Skerritt to shame who couldn't even be bothered to look up and acknowledge my presence = very disappointing.

This is such a shame. When I saw him on Sunday we had a small chat, he thanked me for being there, and told me to enjoy my day. He said a similar thing at the photoshoot. I'm sorry your experience wasn't as good as mine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S.H.R.E.K said:

While in the queue waiting for Tom Skerritt i looked across as both queues were running parallel-  Matt Lucas looked full of energy and getting right into it with every person that he met.  

It was the same in the photo shoot for a fair few people before me just looking straight ahead with hands together in front of him.  

To be fair he did make eye contact and shake my hand as I approached and a few after me - but looked like he was on medication for the first fair few fans and these were all Diamond pass fans ( not that there's any difference as we're all fans at the end of the day)  but the first few clearly made the extra effort - I'd of thought he'd of taken this into account having done a few events now.

I know people have already said as much but for God's sake the man is 83 years old.

When I met him I asked a question but he had trouble hearing me. He just seemed to me like an older gent maybe just a bit overwhelmed by the loud and manic surroundings, especially with live-wire Lucas next to him.

To be honest, I didn't get a great deal out of him on the Sat, nor when I met him at LFCC in 2012, but he was polite enough, exchanged a greeting and handshake. Many guests don't even give you that!

I'm glad I met him again, I just wish more people made the effort given it was his last UK appearance. I was surprised at how quiet he was.

• Like 2

Stop it everyone, please. No more jokes, no matter if funny or unfunny.

As Dent has said, Tom is 83 years old. It should go without saying that he wouldn't be a second Pilou or Matt. Still at that age he came one last time to see his fans. I am dead for days after an intercontinental flight. I don't want to imagine how he felt.

• Like 1