Latest Guest Announcement - TOM SKERRITT

showmasters

Really hoping Yaphet is announced, although I don't see another Alien guest being announced.

Harry Dean Stanton would be my ultimate guest buy again he's unlikely. He would probably qualify as a diamond guest and be pretty expensive.

1 minute ago, aaron2310 said:

Given the price, wouldn't it be reasonable to expect another guest? Seems a little high for the 2 of them or is that not unusual? 

The group shots do not always equal the price of guest 1 and guest 2 added together, sometimes there can be a difference but it's usually only £10/15 or so.  The guess is that another may be added to the shoot but at the same time it's best not to assume it.

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

The group shots do not always equal the price of guest 1 and guest 2 added together, sometimes there can be a difference but it's usually only £10/15 or so.  The guess is that another may be added to the shoot but at the same time it's best not to assume it.

It seems that is the way with the Iron Fist/Defenders groups added this morning too! 

• 3 weeks later...

I can understand why people stop with the epic plane journeys all over the world once they get a bit older, its hard for me never mind someone over twice my age. 

Dont think anyone loves long plane journeys haha

So imagine a long space journey.... we need hypersleep for planes ;-)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just do what I try to do. Forget about Prometheus and Covenant and think of them as another franchise. 

As Ridley Scott is destroying the Alien name all by himself. Shameful stuff.

Mr Skerritt was masterful, much like the film itself. As you say it really makes you admire Alien more looking at the crap that gets made these days.

• Like 1

On 2017-5-25 at 0:58 PM, aaron2310 said:

Also interested in more details about the shoot. I see Roy Scammell is also coming. Perhaps he's in there? 

How good would that be if he still had some of the original alien costume to wear.

3 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

That is definitely not going to happen. You realize Roy's age, do you? Would you ask your grandfather to put on a costume like the Alien one at this age, and then stand in it for a really long time taking pictures? :o

Fair enough about wearing it but how good would an original alien head prop be on a small stand in front on group photo.

Jeremy Bulloch still going strong and does with his = credit to you Jeremy fantastic effort ! :-)

Hi Guys,

This will be my first convention of any kind and looking forward to it. Alien is in my top 3 films so really hoping to get Tom and Veronica's autos on my Alien poster.

Questions!

- How do you go about buying their autos? I read somewhere you take a ticket of some kind them come back when your general number is ready? Do I just head straight to Tom/Veronica's table to do this as soon as I get there?

- What pen do you guys recommend? Needs to be silver I think to stand out against the black poster

- Can you ask them to sign somewhere specific on the poster?

- Is there any chance of any more Alien cast coming to this?

Sorry for all the questions!

Taz

Hi taz, yes auto's for busy guests (usually those costing over £20) operate on a Virtual Queue system so when you get into the venue you go to the desk of each guest you want and get a VQ ticket for each from the crew member manning that queue.  You then keep an eye out and can join the auto queue once your number has been reached.

The guests all have Sharpies on their desk and usually always have black, gold and silver so you don't need to take anything if you want silver, just ask for that colour when you get to the front.  You can ask them to sign where ever you want.

Other guests can be added at any time but there's no guarantee there will be any more Aliens guests.

With Tom, have you considered the diamond pass if you definately want his auto? It's more expensive as it has a picture and seat at his talk included but you are guaranteed to get his auto as long as you are there on the day it's called and he is going to be very busy so there's no telling how many VQ ticket holders he will get through.

No worries about the questions, ask whatever you need to.

Edited by Raylenth

7 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Hi taz, yes auto's for busy guests (usually those costing over £20) operate on a Virtual Queue system so when you get into the venue you go to the desk of each guest you want and get a VQ ticket for each from the crew member manning that queue.  You then keep an eye out and can join the auto queue once your number has been reached.

The guests all have Sharpies on their desk and usually always have black, gold and silver so you don't need to take anything if you want silver, just ask for that colour when you get to the front.  You can ask them to sign where ever you want.

Other guests can be added at any time but there's no guarantee there will be any more Aliens guests.

With Tom, have you considered the diamond pass if you definately want his auto? It's more expensive as it has a picture and seat at his talk included but you are guaranteed to get his auto as long as you are there on the day it's called and he is going to be very busy so there's no telling how many VQ ticket holders he will get through.

No worries about the questions, ask whatever you need to.

Thanks for the quick response Raylenth - Diamond pass is something I considered but i'm not too bothered about the picture and with friends so kinda want to stay free to do whatever but does having the VC ticket not guarantee? I mean, I will literally go straight to his desk Sunday morning as soon as we get in. Planning for 9am? Is he likely to be sat next to Veronica?

Location wise they do usually try to group guests together but he may not be next to Veronica, you'll just have to look for him on the floor.  The VQ tickets do not guarantee you an autograph, they are merely a place in the queue, and not everyone may be able to get through the queue.   Remember that he will have a photo shoot to do, possibly a talk, lunch and breaks as well.  He's older so there's no guarantee he'll be a quick signer either.  If say you have VQ number 360 you will have all the Diamond passes in front of you and VQ ticket holders 1 - 359.  If he can only sign say 300 people a day (just using that as an example!) then you will not be called through.  

If you intend to get there at 9am you will have a lot of people queuing to get in in front of you who got there earlier and whilst they won't all be there for Tom it means that there may well have been a good few VQ's already given out when you get to his table.

If you do consider the Diamond to guarantee getting his auto please make sure you read up on how they work so you fully understand them before you buy it - Diamond passes work in number order and the later you buy it, the higher your number will be so can be an issue if you are only attending for 1 day.

Edited by Raylenth

Just to add that as this is his last UK appearance I expect he will be very busy but it's a guessing game with no definitive answers.  You may be fine getting him on a VQ but you may not as well.  We can only advise based on logic and past experience :D but it's very hard to judge either way.