Latest Guest Announcement - ANDREW ROBINSON

showmasters

Okay, I was trying to not clutter this and solve this by e-mail, but as half of the e-mail addresses have been bouncing and others are clearly not being checked anymore I have no choice.

The "get guest X to show Y" have been getting totally out of hand. Some guest announcements have 2/3 of the total posts with posts of "I want him for another show" now. The mods have asked repeatedly to stop this and put on explanations. Other users are getting annoyed about it. This does not mean that each and every of these posts will be getting removed, don't get me wrong. Sometimes you just can't help it, going "oh ****, my dream guest, I wish he was at show I can't attend." But if you made 25 posts and 20 of those are "get this guest to my local show" or a topic is getting out of hand as it happened here we will be stepping in now and hide those posts.

We're happy you support your local shows, but we can't have the same guests all year at all events so everyone who can possibly want to see them gets to see them at their local event. I'm really sorry, but this won't change no matter how often these posts are being made.

As an additional note: if a post of yours is hidden there is a reason for it. Maybe not one you agree with, but we are not hiding posts because we think it is funny. If this happens to you: this is why there is an e-mail address in my profile. If I can't reach you maybe you simply need to try and reach me then. You're welcome to contact the office too, vut they very likely will direct the e-mail to me anyway. Just putting the removed post on here again - especially with a snarky remark - is not going to solve the issue.

• Like 1