Diamond Pass Question

If I purchase a Christopher Lloyd diamond pass, and only plan on attending on the Sunday, is this allowed? As it says" This pass DOES NOT include entry so please purchase weekend entry tickets or a Gold Pass to validate it. It does not say a day ticket, only weekend & gold pass. Just thought I'd check before buying.

The diamond pass activities that are included in each pass are usually spread over the weekend, hence the reason it specifically mentions the weekend or gold pass. If you wish to do all the activities you will need to attend the days you are assigned and cannot swap them. You are more than welcome to only attend one day and just buy the relevant day entry ticket but you will obviously miss out on any activities that may take place on another day.

For example the auto's are done in number order so it's easy to do that as you can go through any time/day after your number has been called (Unless they are day specific passes like they are with Pele at C24) but the included talk/photo will only happen on a set/chosen day so you cannot swap to another if you don't go the day they are being held.

If you are happy to potentially miss stuff it's fine to just buy a day entry.

Just checked and the talk is on Sunday so as long as you select Sunday for your photo shoots you can do it all in 1 day.

Edited by Raylenth

What Raylenth has said. :) The reason the weekend pass is specifically mentioned is simply because events are spread out over the weekend. A lot of Diamond Pass holders only attending one day bought the pass last weekend not realizing the events are not happening both days and then complained because they were missng out on a piece of the package.

• 3 months later...
On 04/02/2017 at 0:39 PM, Queen_Sindel said:

What Raylenth has said. :) The reason the weekend pass is specifically mentioned is simply because events are spread out over the weekend. A lot of Diamond Pass holders only attending one day bought the pass last weekend not realizing the events are not happening both days and then complained because they were missng out on a piece of the package.

I bought a diamond pass for kirstie alley but she has cancelled will i get a full refund?

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Yes, and please don't ask the same question in multiple topics. We are getting back to you as fast as we can. ;)

:coolthumb: Sorry queen just making sure but just can i quickly enquire if there is a customer service contact email just in case?

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

It depends what you want to talk to them about Marvel, the main email is for ticket enquiries so it's shop@showmastersevents.com

Most other issues can be asked and dealt with on here, and you'll probably get a quicker response.

...and if they get a bunch of e-mails asking about refunds it just slows down them actually processing the refunds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, natedammit said:

...and if they get a bunch of e-mails asking about refunds it just slows down them actually processing the refunds.

Thank you very much Mr. Bear.

As our friendly Bear has said: please don't e-mail in. The office are aware of this and are handling it.

15 minutes ago, Chaya said:

I like to buy a Wil Wheaton Diamond Pass, but they vanished in the shop. This morning I still saw them. Are the Wil Wheaton Diamond Passes sold out?

It's still there and available from what I can see. It's partially hidden behind the Friday Photos banner on my computer (using Safari on a mac) so it might be completely hidden by whatever you're using. Have a try at refreshing the page or clearing your cache and try again.

I understand Diamond Passes are numbered. Are they numbered based on when you ordered them...so quickest to commit get the lower numbers...or is it in collection order...so they earlies to arrive get the lower numbers? 

Raylenth-just going back to our earlier chat over in Collectermania forum. Say I got a DP, number 30 as an example. The guest is attending fri sat and sund. Presumable I'd be pretty much one if the first through for autos if i was only attending sat, with dp numbers having started friday?

2 minutes ago, spengler said:

Raylenth-just going back to our earlier chat over in Collectermania forum. Say I got a DP, number 30 as an example. The guest is attending fri sat and sund. Presumable I'd be pretty much one if the first through for autos if i was only attending sat, with dp numbers having started friday?

Yes, that is correct.  Like with the VQ's the Dpasses will always be called 1 - xxx or it will say All diamond passes and VQ's 1-30 (for example) so if you had 30, you can join the queue at any time.

• Like 1

Just now, Raylenth said:

Yes, that is correct.  Like with the VQ's the Dpasses will always be called 1 - xxx or it will say All diamond passes and VQ's 1-30 (for example) so if you had 30, you can join the queue at any time.

Awesome. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2017 at 9:39 PM, spengler said:

On 5/29/2017 at 9:45 PM, Raylenth said:

Sorry to bring this thread back to life team, but just doing some searching for answers...

Could this work the other way then?  So say I got a Diamond Pass for Alan Tudyk, number 250 - but am only attending the Saturday,,, is there a chance I could miss my autograph on my attended day if Saturday only get up to numbers 200-249?

Apologies if the answer is a simple one, thanks guys.

This has been answered a couple of times.

Yes, it is possible that not all Diamond Pass numbers will be called one day. If you attend Sunday only that is a moot Point. But if the guest is attending Saturday and Sunday and you go Sunday only you might have issues.

Alan isn't one of the fastest signers in the universe, so for him that could actually be possible.

As quite a few people (including myself) asked this, maybe in the 'more info' section on the booking site it should state this as it is a little misleading:

Autos: "These can be collected either Saturday or Sunday". Even though it goes on to say "will be called by number", it doesn't mention about maybe having to wait until the following day.

I do have to say my first impression was, if you book a diamond pass photo for the Saturday as an example, that is the day you get your auto, although you could get it on the Sunday if you wished.

Edited by spengler

Is there any way of finding out in advance what number diamond pass we have? Currently I only have entry on Friday and Saturday and have purchased a diamond pass for Alan. If I have a really low number then I won't purchase the additional day but if its a high number, it would be good to know ahead of time before entry sells out!

Thanks! :D

Just now, twiga said:

Is there any way of finding out in advance what number diamond pass we have? Currently I only have entry on Friday and Saturday and have purchased a diamond pass for Alan. If I have a really low number then I won't purchase the additional day but if its a high number, it would be good to know ahead of time before entry sells out!

Thanks! :D

Agree this would be really useful.

20 minutes ago, spengler said:

As quite a few people (including myself) asked this, maybe in the 'more info' section on the booking site it should state this as it is a little misleading:

Autos: "These can be collected either Saturday or Sunday". Even though it goes on to say "will be called by number", it doesn't mention about maybe having to wait until the following day.

I do have to say my first impression was, if you book a diamond pass photo for the Saturday as an example, that is the day you get your auto, although you could get it on the Sunday if you wished.

The Diamond Pass day is for your photo and for your photo only. This is already specifically mentioned.

I'm sorry guys, but People are saying the fine print is too Long and too confusing as it is anyway. If we add even more we might as well start drawing Pictures sooner or later. Or reach the American "coffee may be hot" warning Level.

If passes are called by numbers there'll eventually be an end to the number calling cause the Event is closed. That's logic. There should be no fine print needed for this.