Diamond Pass Question

17 minutes ago, twiga said:

Is there any way of finding out in advance what number diamond pass we have? Currently I only have entry on Friday and Saturday and have purchased a diamond pass for Alan. If I have a really low number then I won't purchase the additional day but if its a high number, it would be good to know ahead of time before entry sells out!

Thanks! :D

Not that I am Aware of.

But I think you bought pretty Close to the announcement, right? Then you should be fine. Plus we didn't have a warning about ticket Levels getting low anyway yet.

ive never bought a diamond pass before so i have no idea how it all works.

just want to confirm though, i purchased a diamond pass for Steven Yeun for the Friday. this means i'll get photo and auto that day, right? (i know i ordered pretty quick so hopefully my number will be low)

2 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

If I buy a diamond pass and only attend on Sunday, will it 100 percent be called that day? Otherwise you will not have any other day to collect the autograph as the event ends, so I would end up wasting part of the package?

You should be fine.  The Diamond passes are called in number order and if yours is for a guest who is there all weekend then they will start from number 1 on the guests first day.  You can join the queue anytime after your number has been called.  The Diamond pass is a guaranteed autograph so you should get the autograph by the end of the day. Just be aware that if it is a pass with a talk included the talk will only happen on the day specified in the description

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

If I buy a diamond pass and only attend on Sunday, will it 100 percent be called that day? Otherwise you will not have any other day to collect the autograph as the event ends, so I would end up wasting part of the package?

Yes.  You can go through any time AFTER your number has been called, and the higher numbers may not be called until Sunday anyway (if they guest is a slow signer for example)

1 hour ago, josh-hammond said:

ive never bought a diamond pass before so i have no idea how it all works.

just want to confirm though, i purchased a diamond pass for Steven Yeun for the Friday. this means i'll get photo and auto that day, right? (i know i ordered pretty quick so hopefully my number will be low)

Not necesserily.  You can pick the day you want the photo so if Friday is still available and you are at the event then you will get your photo.  Auto's are done in number order so the higher your number the later in the event you may be called.  In reality other than the massive guests like SW who was very busy wit lots of activities I haven't read about anyone having much trouble with Diamond auto's.  You can ask the crew on Friday if you can go through but if the guest is busy there is a chance you might not be allowed to slip through early.  Basically you should be OK, but there is a chance you won't be allowed through early so it's a risk only you can decide to take.  Things happen - the guest may be late arriving (I've seen it happen), though rare, and if that were they case they would have to deal with the people who have actually been called first.

If you have a very low number then you should be absolutely fine for Friday. 

Edited by Raylenth

thanks for the easy to understand reply :)

do we have any idea in advance what our numbers will be?

when purchasing it appears to imply that you get everything on the one day. luckily im doing saturday as well as friday so i should be ok, just want to be sure of whats happening on what day so i can arrange accordingly

Edited by josh-hammond

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, josh-hammond said:

thanks for the easy to understand reply :)

do we have any idea in advance what our numbers will be?

when purchasing it appears to imply that you get everything on the one day. luckily im doing saturday as well as friday so i should be ok, just want to be sure of whats happening on what day so i can arrange accordingly

Unfortunately you won't know your Diamond Pass number in advance.

Unfortunately not Josh, it will be printed on the pass when you collect it but other than that there's no way to know.  Like you say you can have a rough idea based on when you bought it but unless it was in the first few days I'd have no idea how high or low it might be.

There is debate over the wording of things but as Queen said today people then complained that the Terms were too wordy so they can't win.  Basic fact is, people should be ok if they are there a day or 2 but there is obviously a risk that they won't be.  Activities take place over the weekend and this does apply to being called for auto's as well.  It's particularly relevant to guests that are slow signers (Lloyd and RDA for example) or if they are particularly busy (Weaver), and guests can be delayed getting to the show which has a knock on effect - Chris Judge arrived in the afternoon at one SM event years ago as he was called back for additional filming just as he was about to leave for the airport.  He could have cancelled, but did the filming, got on a later flight and still came.

People should just be aware of all the factors.  Auto's are only guaranteed if the purchaser complies with the ticket requirements, which include the fact that you might not be called straight away.  The crew will assist where they can and it's low risk but it's something people should be aware of.

• Like 1

Ahh guys, you've been a great help - thank you.

Don't think I'm going to risk purchasing a Diamond Pass now given the time they've been on sale and with me only attending Saturday. Totally missed the boat on this one, should of read the small print. If there's a chance I'll miss the autograph, I think I'll stay safe and admit defeat. 

Thanks again team 

All I can say Admiral is you would be very unlucky not to get it (Can't remember who you wanted though).  Most guests (other than the ones we have mentioned being slow) are relatively quick and do get through to VQ's as far as I can recall.  There has only been a couple of examples where they didn't get to any/only did a handful.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Raylenth said:

All I can say Admiral is you would be very unlucky not to get it (Can't remember who you wanted though).  Most guests (other than the ones we have mentioned being slow) are relatively quick and do get through to VQ's as far as I can recall.  There has only been a couple of examples where they didn't get to any/only did a handful.

Thanks Raylenth, a great help again.

It was just for Alan to get him on my Rogue One poster. At least I now know for next year, get those tickets in the basket early!! Thanks again buddy 

11 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Unfortunately not Josh, it will be printed on the pass when you collect it but other than that there's no way to know. 

What !??! oh no ! :(

So, the number on the diamond pass will depends by your position in the line (outside olympia) the friday ??

2 years ago, the number was printed and sended to your home before the event, and the number depends when your ordered the diamond pass online.

13 minutes ago, john.bttf said:

What !??! oh no ! :(

So, the number on the diamond pass will depends by your position in the line (outside olympia) the friday ??

2 years ago, the number was printed and sended to your home before the event, and the number depends when your ordered the diamond pass online.

No john I didn't say that at all.  The diamond pass number is on your pass and you won't know what it is until you collect it but they are issued in purchase order not pick up order - that would be totally unfair if they did it that way. 

The person who bought first will get Pass No. 1, the person who bought second will get Pass No 2 and so on.  You don't know the number before collection simply because you have no way of knowing how many people purchased tickets before you, and that info isn't on your diamond pass receipt and SM don't email you to tell you.  The diamond passes are not mailed out and can only be collected at the venue now.  Obviously you can take a guess based on when you bought it, if you bought in the first day you know you are going to have a lower number, but that's about it.

Edited by Raylenth

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

No john I didn't say that at all.  The diamond pass number is on your pass and you won't know what it is until you collect it but they are issued in purchase order not pick up order - that would be totally unfair if they did it that way. 

The person who bought first will get Pass No. 1, the person who bought second will get Pass No 2 and so on.  You don't know the number before collection simply because you have no way of knowing how many people purchased tickets before you, and that info isn't on your diamond pass receipt and SM don't email you to tell you.  The diamond passes are not mailed out and can only be collected at the venue now.  Obviously you can take a guess based on when you bought it, if you bought in the first day you know you are going to have a lower number, but that's about it.

Ok !!! :-) that's a good news :-) !!!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Not that I am Aware of.

But I think you bought pretty Close to the announcement, right? Then you should be fine. Plus we didn't have a warning about ticket Levels getting low anyway yet.

I upgraded about a month ago now. Hopefully I should be OK. Thanks Queen!  :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, yellowmarlin said:

If I buy a diamond pass for the autograph and photoshoot, would my girlfriend be able to attend the talk instead of me?

Passes should not be passed on Yellowmarlin.

Edited by Raylenth

I have a Diamond Pass for Steven Yeun, but the auto's not going to be for myself (I'll be the one getting it as it's going to a friend who can't attend). Would I be able to get it personalized with a different name or should I just ask for it not personalized for the easiest? 

I assumed I would be okay doing this, as I'll be the one getting it? 

9 minutes ago, 1katiemariee said:

I have a Diamond Pass for Steven Yeun, but the auto's not going to be for myself (I'll be the one getting it as it's going to a friend who can't attend). Would I be able to get it personalized with a different name or should I just ask for it not personalized for the easiest? 

I assumed I would be okay doing this, as I'll be the one getting it? 

If the guest is personalising, you can ask for any name you want on it Katiemariee - lots of people get auto's for friends.  The crew have post its on them so just tell them the names you want and stick them on the pictures - or take your own and do it yourself, that way there won't be any mistakes with spellings.

There is no guarantee the busy guests will be personalising though.

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

If the guest is personalising, you can ask for any name you want on it Katiemariee - lots of people get auto's for friends.  The crew have post its on them so just tell them the names you want and stick them on the pictures - or take your own and do it yourself, that way there won't be any mistakes with spellings.

There is no guarantee the busy guests will be personalising though.

As long as I'm still able to get it for her, that's fine. I knew there was a chance they wouldn't be personalising. I just wanted to double check that I'd be okay to do that if possible.

Thank you!

Hey! This is my first LFCC I'll be attending. I have purchased a Saturday entry ticket and I am wanting to purchase a photo op with Steven Yeun. I was thinking of buying a diamond pass but from what I have read I think I am not guaranteed the autograph on the Saturday as they are called out in numbers but I will be 100% guaranteed my photo? 

So it would make sense for me to purchase the photo op for the Saturday and then try and purchase an autograph when I'm there?

Please can someone help me out?

14 minutes ago, CharlotteJimenez said:

Hey! This is my first LFCC I'll be attending. I have purchased a Saturday entry ticket and I am wanting to purchase a photo op with Steven Yeun. I was thinking of buying a diamond pass but from what I have read I think I am not guaranteed the autograph on the Saturday as they are called out in numbers but I will be 100% guaranteed my photo? 

So it would make sense for me to purchase the photo op for the Saturday and then try and purchase an autograph when I'm there?

Please can someone help me out?

Hi Charlotte, as long as you have bought a photo for Saturday and are there for the correct sessions you are guaranteed your photo barring anything happening with Steven.

When the schedule comes out have a look to see when his photo's are and you can work out roughly when you will be based on your batch number.  When you buy it, take note of what batch you will be and then when the schedule comes out you can ask us for advice about which session you should go to.  At this stage you will probably be the second session if he is having a split one or if there is only 1 session for him, you will be towards the end.

Diamond passes are called in number order so there is no guarantee you will be able to go through on Saturday, however from a practical sense it is rare that a pass holder wouldn't be able to go through on the day they attend as most guests do get to the VQ tickets each day which means you would get your auto.  If you are only attending 1 day and have a higher pass number there is a small risk you may not be allowed through until Sunday but it's a small one.

I hope that helps.

Edited by Raylenth

8 minutes ago, CharlotteJimenez said:

It's up to yourself if you want to go for the Diamond Pass, but as long as you purchase a photoshoot ticket, you'll be guaranteed a photo, the Diamond Pass guarantees the autograph. :smile: 

11 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Hi Charlotte, as long as you have bought a photo for Saturday and are there for the correct sessions you are guaranteed your photo barring anything happening with Steven.

When the schedule comes out have a look to see when his photo's are and you can work out roughly when you will be based on your batch number.  When you buy it, take note of what batch you will be and then when the schedule comes out you can ask us for advice about which session you should go to.  At this stage you will probably be the second session if he is having a split one or if there is only 1 session for him, you will be towards the end.

Diamond passes are called in number order so there is no guarantee you will be able to go through on Saturday, however from a practical sense it is rare that a pass holder wouldn't be able to go through on the day they attend as most guests do get to the VQ tickets each day which means you would get your auto.  If you are only attending 1 day and have a higher pass number there is a small risk you may not be allowed through until Sunday but it's a small one.

I hope that helps.

11 hours ago, wjbleming said:

It's up to yourself if you want to go for the Diamond Pass, but as long as you purchase a photoshoot ticket, you'll be guaranteed a photo, the Diamond Pass guarantees the autograph. :smile: 

Thanks for the help!

I think I'm gonna stick with purchasing a photo op for the Saturday and then trying for a auto when I'm there :)