Cosplay Prop Query

Sebster118

I plan to cosplay as Where's Wally on the Sunday.

Part of the cosplay will include a wooden walking stick and I just want to confirm if this would be allowed (I am an able walker so it's more of a prop than a walking aid).

I ask because I read somewhere on last year's LFCC thread (or somewhere else) that wooden baseball and cricket bats weren't allowed, and Hacksaw Jim Duggan said that he couldn't bring in his 2x4 for "security reasons".

The last thing I want is the security guys to keep back my walking stick (which would be thinner than the other wooden props 8 mentioned) and for me to enter the venue with an incomplete cosplay.

Many thanks.

Baseball bats and cricket bats are different, I'm sure you would be fine with a walking stick as they aren't going to take walking aids away from people. I know you don't need it but I meant they aren't going to risk going up to someone with a cane and demanding you prove that you need it :smile: Discrimination nightmare!

Baseball bats and cricket bats are different, I'm sure you would be fine with a walking stick as they aren't going to take walking aids away from people. I know you don't need it but I meant they aren't going to risk going up to someone with a cane and demanding you prove that you need it :smile: Discrimination nightmare!

That's discrimination! Where's Mrs. Potat-- oh wait, wrong thread! :no:

Yeah, you should be fine, Sebster. :smile:

• Like 1

I was going to say, as Long as you don't plan your Walking stick as a copy of Lucille...

If the regular ones were forbidden that would be indeed discrimination because that would also mean any user because of health reasons was out too.

Baseball bat or 2x4 is indeed a whole different Level.

• 2 months later...

Thought I'd mention that with the recent announcement of Joseph Marcell attending on the Sunday, I'll be doing my Where's Wally cosplay on the Saturday instead.

(will cosplay as the 7th Doctor instead, which I was planning to cosplay on the Friday; will be cosplaying as the 9th Doctor on the Friday)

Probably makes it harder for me to be found. :lol:

Edited by Sebster118
  • Like 1

I know I said I'll be cosplaying as Laura from Logan, but I'm also going to be cosplaying as Undertaker from WWE (I have a replica belt...so you can see who I am xD) 

17796765_916581035111924_46849628323013217554159_911291415640886_954084033177181

Thankfully, the claws are plastic as said before and the belt is plastic too (not the kids "toy" version, it's a commemorative replica belt, but the actual plates are made out of plastic so...yea lol)