John Hurt RIP

KingRichard76

Its not often one is winded and in temporary shock when they hear of a passing... This happened a few moments ago when I heard the VERY sad and tragic news of a chap, a gentleman and someone whom I addressed directly to his face a few years back at LFCC as:

"A National Treasure."

There are no words to describe how so many of us must be feeling right now :(

Ironically I was only watching "1984" a few days ago and because of recent OTHER events it just has much more prominence now :(

Dearest John, Rest In Peace Sir, Thank you for everything.

Thoughts go out to his Family, Friends, work colleagues and legions of fans everywhere.

"DOWN WITH BIG BROTHER!"

• Like 5

Yup, I just saw it on Sky News just now. I apologise for thinking it was a hoax. I got confused cos people on facebook were saying it was a hoax and others there were saying it wasn't.

Edited by StuartG2198
  • Like 1

one of life's true gentleman. Allway's pleasant, smiling and even during his recent battle against illness never stopped being polite, curtious and friendly to anyone that approached him. he'll be sadly missed. Thank you for 'Alien', 'The Elephant man' and so many great movies and tv.

Edited by loveamyadams
  • Like 1

I had the honour of meeting him a few years back. A lovely man, who will certainly be remembered. RIP.

ditto, I met him at Earls Court in 2014. Fantastic chap, he even complimented me on my 11th doctor cosplay!

Amazing actor, and an incredibly nice and down to earth man that seemed to thoroughly enjoy meeting his fans. He will be missed.

I also met him at LFCC in 2014 - on the exact same day that I met Carrie Fisher. I'm starting to get a bit creeped out...

Amazing actor, and an incredibly nice and down to earth man that seemed to thoroughly enjoy meeting his fans. He will be missed.

I also met him at LFCC in 2014 - on the exact same day that I met Carrie Fisher. I'm starting to get a bit creeped out...

STOP MEETING PEOPLE.

• Like 1

STOP MEETING PEOPLE.

I ever mention the time I met Michael Emerson? I'm hoping to correct my mistake and meet Mads Mikkelson after missing him last year, too. :poki:

Really is sad to lose another great actor. :(

Edited by wjbleming
  • Like 1

Was sad to hear the news.

I met him at Brighton Film Comic Con in 2015 and he remembered meeting me at a local community event two years previously (he lived not too far from me).

It was at that comminity event where I only had a Seventh Doctor jumper and met other full cosplayers who inspired me to go full cosplay. This led me to attending many events, and making new friends.

John Hurt, you will be missed and I thank you for being one of the few who got me into cosplaying.

Edited by Sebster118
  • Like 2