The films you've seen, in 2017

natedammit

Yeah, I'm quite apprehensive about the Power Rangers movie, but we'll see how it goes.

Really enjoyed Logan and Kong, too. Did anyone else catch the post credits scene in Kong?

I did, and I have to say it was about the only part of that movie I was excited about. Was very disappointed by Kong.

Yeah, I had seen a few low ratings on Kong before going into it, so didn't know what to expect, but I liked it. It's going to be another marmite movie by the looks of things.

I'd noticed there was an end credit scene before going in but didn't know what it was going to be, wanted to keep it spoiler free, and was smiling when I seen it! :smile:

• Like 1

• Moderators

Yeah, I'm quite apprehensive about the Power Rangers movie, but we'll see how it goes.

Really enjoyed Logan and Kong, too. Did anyone else catch the post credits scene in Kong?

I did, and I have to say it was about the only part of that movie I was excited about. Was very disappointed by Kong.

Yeah, I had seen a few low ratings on Kong before going into it, so didn't know what to expect, but I liked it. It's going to be another marmite movie by the looks of things.

I'd noticed there was an end credit scene before going in but didn't know what it was going to be, wanted to keep it spoiler free, and was smiling when I seen it! :smile:

I didn't hang around for the post credits scene as I didn't know it had one, having just read what was in it I wish I had now.

I finally watched Room. An amazing film. I had to pause it twice in the middle and go do something else for a bit because I was in danger of becoming weepy bear.

I bought a copy of that after seeing ads for it on E4 but I haven't watched it yet. Now I know I'm gonna cry when I do.

Let's see if I can remember! (Yes, my memory is that bad!)

Cinema:

Rouge One - Third time seeing it, loved it

Passengers - Was enjoyable until the ending

La La Land - Wasn't what I expected it to be. Still not sure if I liked it or not

At Home:

Coherence - My second watch of this film, I highly recommend it to all

Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Love it! Just love it!

The Girl on the Train - Had heard good things about this, but was very disappointed with it

Ok, just to add to my earlier post...

Jackie, 

T2 Trainspotting, 

The Lego Batman Movie, 

The Great Wall, 

Hacksaw Ridge, 

Exam, 

Doctor Strange, 

Moana, 

A Monster Calls, 

Arrival, 

The Edge of Seventeen, 

Justice League Dark, 

Storks,

American Honey, 

The Fisher King, 

I think that's it. For now.

Adding a few more...

John Wick (just a quick reminder before seeing the second one) - Still pew pew good!

John Wick Chapter 2 - more pew pew goodness!

Passengers - ending still sucks

Fences - Not bad, I see why Viola got the oscar

Collateral Beauty - Pretentious and saw the twists coming a mile away

Fantastic Beasts - second time for this. Not a Potter fan but I did love that little mole thing!

Twister, Aliens, Apollo 13 - RIP Bill Paxton

Assassin's Creed - I haven't played the games but that movie was terrible.

Logan - Best Wolverine movie to date, but still had a load of issues with it.

Kong: Skull Island - Very disappointed with a very run-of-the-mill story line. I love Brie Larson and Tom Hiddleston but they are very bad in this film.

Beauty and the Beast - Not bad. Unlike other live action remakes, it's very close to the animated version. Ewan McGregor and Emma Thompson should not have been in it though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...