The films you've seen, in 2017

natedammit

On 05/06/2017 at 6:45 PM, RoryMcGarrett said:

Seen 

Pirates - had to make myself stay until the end. Very boring

Wonder Woman - as much as I hate DC I really enjoyed this movie. Very good. 

I thought about seeing the new Pirates of the Caribbean film, but I don't know if I will yet. 

44 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I saw 10 minutes of Dirty Dancing 2017 last night - it had the charisma of drying paint

I'm not too keen on remakes, so I think I will give this one a miss.  Some remakes are good, but some aren't so good!

On 10/05/2017 at 8:10 PM, Iceman71 said:

Rogue One

Silence

Sully: Miracle on the Hudson

The Bye Bye Man (awful)

Live By Night

T2 Trainspotting

Jackie

Hacksaw Ridge

XXX - Return of Xander Cage

Split

Patriots Days

Logan

Get Out

and

Kong: Skull Island

Life

The Belko Experiment

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol II

Sleepless

and

Alien: Covenant

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

Fast & Furious 8

Wonder Woman

Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge

The Mummy

3 hours ago, Iceman71 said:

and

Alien: Covenant

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

Fast & Furious 8

Wonder Woman

Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge

The Mummy

2 hours ago, ChloeLou said:

What did you think of The Mummy? :smile:

I booked my ticket to see that tonight but decided not to go. Please tell me it was worth me not going in the end? Haha

3 minutes ago, minchb said:

I booked my ticket to see that tonight but decided not to go. Please tell me it was worth me not going in the end? Haha

It is actually not bad worth going to see. I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan but enjoyed this one

On 07/05/2017 at 8:06 PM, Wrong Name said:

Let's see if I can remember! (Yes, my memory is that bad!)

Cinema: 

Rouge One - Third time seeing it, loved it

Passengers - Was enjoyable until the ending

La La Land - Wasn't what I expected it to be. Still not sure if I liked it or not

At Home:

Coherence - My second watch of this film, I highly recommend it to all

Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Love it! Just love it!

The Girl on the Train - Had heard good things about this, but was very disappointed with it

On 21/02/2017 at 9:16 PM,  Wrong Name said: 

Ok, just to add to my earlier post...

Jackie,

T2 Trainspotting,

The Lego Batman Movie,

The Great Wall,

Hacksaw Ridge,

Exam,

Doctor Strange,

Moana,

A Monster Calls,

Arrival,

The Edge of Seventeen,

Justice League Dark,

Storks,

American Honey,

The Fisher King,

I think that's it. For now.

On 23/03/2017 at 0:07 PM,  Wrong Name said: 

Adding a few more...

John Wick (just a quick reminder before seeing the second one) - Still pew pew good!

John Wick Chapter 2 - more pew pew goodness!

Passengers - ending still sucks

Fences - Not bad, I see why Viola got the oscar

Collateral Beauty - Pretentious and saw the twists coming a mile away

Fantastic Beasts - second time for this. Not a Potter fan but I did love that little mole thing!

Twister, Aliens, Apollo 13 - RIP Bill Paxton

Assassin's Creed - I haven't played the games but that movie was terrible.

Logan - Best Wolverine movie to date, but still had a load of issues with it.

Kong: Skull Island - Very disappointed with a very run-of-the-mill story line. I love Brie Larson and Tom Hiddleston but they are very bad in this film.

Beauty and the Beast - Not bad. Unlike other live action remakes, it's very close to the animated version. Ewan McGregor and Emma Thompson should not have been in it though.

Ghost In The Shell - This was definitely NOT Ghost In The Shell, but I actually enjoyed it. Very Pretty.

Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 (twice) - Loved it. Not quite as good at the first and it definitely tried too hard with the humour at times, but it was still great.

Young Frankenstein - Had actually never watched this before. I love Mel Brooks films but felt this was over hyped. Was ok, but probably wouldn't watch it again.

Avatar - Seen it many times. I know there are mixed opinions on this film, but I love it!

The Founder - About how McDonald's became McDonald's. Actually enjoyed it, interesting story.

Split - Was not really a fan. Story felt a bit flat and McAvoy was not great in it.

Hidden Figures - Enjoyed it, nice story.

Silence - Very long! Interesting watch though.

Patriot's Day - Story of the Brooklyn bombings. Unbelievable to see the events of what happened.

Colossal - Loved it. Not what I was expecting it to be, but a good film

Alien Covenant - Big disappointment, and I didn't have high hopes. I love Ridley Scott but he needs to stop making these.

King Arthur - No.

Pirates 5 - Better than 4 but not up to the others (and I wasn't overly keen on 2&3). Johnny Depp felt like a parody of his own character.

Wonder Woman - DC's clone of the first Captain America. Best DC movie in a while but nothing amazing.

The Mummy - Just another terrible Tom Cruise action movie with an over use of jump scares. 

Get Out - Had heard good things but this just seemed like another run of the mill thriller/horror to me.

Life - Not bad. Not groundbreaking but I did enjoy it and was on the edge of my seat throughout.

Edited by Wrong Name

17 hours ago, RoryMcGarrett said:

The Mummy. Had zero expectations, went to see it out of boredom and I was pleasantly surprised as it didn't suck that much. Good action movie. 

I'm going to see The Mummy on Friday with some of my friends.  I'm looking forward to it as I like the other Mummy films! :smile:

1 hour ago, ChloeLou said:

I'm going to see The Mummy on Friday with some of my friends.  I'm looking forward to it as I like the other Mummy films! :smile:

It was nothing like the old ones. It was more action than fantasy and humor. But as a standalone movie it was ok

• Like 1

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:30 PM, ChloeLou said:

The Space Between Us (2017)

As I'm a bit of a space buff I was considering this but I'm guessing it's more of a "teen" film...?

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 5:20 PM, RoryMcGarrett said:

It was nothing like the old ones. It was more action than fantasy and humor. But as a standalone movie it was ok

When you say the "old ones" do you mean the Brendan Fraser ones or the "really old ones" with Boris Karloff?

2 hours ago, Bumper8 said:

As I'm a bit of a space buff I was considering this but I'm guessing it's more of a "teen" film...?

It has a good use of science-fiction mixed with romance.  It has a good balance of both.   The romance is between two teenagers, yes, and it makes the film work really well!  Personally, I love this film!  I just recently was bought this film on Blu-Ray.  It's a really fantastic film!  I really recommend it! :smile:

• Like 1