The films you've seen, in 2017

natedammit

1 hour ago, ChloeLou said:

Zombieland is a very good film!  Some Zombie films I'm not too keen on.  But I loved Zombieland and Shaun Of The Dead is great, too!

Sean and the rest of the Ice Cream Trilogy are some of my favourite films, I'll always put them on in the background when they are on TV.  One of the reasons I liked Zombie is it didn't take itself too seriously but wasn't farcical either.  They didn't get hung up on the gore, killing and why it happened which kept it a nice light film.

42 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Finally got round to watching 'The Sixth Sense' and my God, it is SO GOOD!

Haven't seen it for ages but Sixth was good, I remember watching it at the cinema and once you get the reveal for the first time, remembering everything that happened earlier which is obvious once you know but not before you get the reveal, it was well done.

• Like 1

On 15/05/2017 at 8:27 PM, Raylenth said:

Sean and the rest of the Ice Cream Trilogy are some of my favourite films, I'll always put them on in the background when they are on TV.  One of the reasons I liked Zombie is it didn't take itself too seriously but wasn't farcical either.  They didn't get hung up on the gore, killing and why it happened which kept it a nice light film.

Haven't seen it for ages but Sixth was good, I remember watching it at the cinema and once you get the reveal for the first time, remembering everything that happened earlier which is obvious once you know but not before you get the reveal, it was well done.

Edgar Wright directs great films, doesn't he!? :smile:

On 15/05/2017 at 7:42 PM, The Friendly Dalek said:

Finally got round to watching 'The Sixth Sense' and my God, it is SO GOOD!

The Sixth Sense is an amazing film!  The ending makes me cry every time...

Films I've seen this year in the cinema.. 1) Assassin's Creed 3D  2) Live by Night   3) Resident Evil: The Final Chapter 3D 4) Hacksaw Ridge 5)  John Wick 2 6) The Great Wall 3D 7)  Logan 8) Kong : Skull Island  9) Beauty & The Beast  3D  10) Life  11)  Ghost In The Shell 3D 12) Power Rangers 13) Guardians Of the Galaxy Vol 1 3 14) Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2 3D x 3 times so far 17) Alien Covenant 18) Colassol

The Biggest disappointment by a mile was Alien Covenant worst of the franchise and the surprise of the year so far is Colossal

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, ChloeLou said:

What did you think, Raylenth?  Is it worth seeing?

Tricky question, you may like it.  I wouldn't say don't go, you'll need to see it at some point if the rest of the sequels they want to make do happen and you want to see them.  I was just very disappointed in the whole thing.  See it with extremely low expectations and if you like it, great!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Tricky question, you may like it.  I wouldn't say don't go, you'll need to see it at some point if the rest of the sequels they want to make do happen and you want to see them.  I was just very disappointed in the whole thing.  See it with extremely low expectations and if you like it, great!

I will probably get around to seeing it at some point.  I wasn't keen on Prometheus, to be honest, so hopefully I will like it more than that.

I thought Prometheus was alright.  covenant wasn't totally awful, it's still miles better than AVP 1 and certainly 2, it's just to me a main plot line was completely moronic and as it's a major point for the story it ruined everything for me.

5 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I thought Prometheus was alright.  covenant wasn't totally awful, it's still miles better than AVP 1 and certainly 2, it's just to me a main plot line was completely moronic and as it's a major point for the story it ruined everything for me.

I didn't like the Alien Vs. Predator films, either...  I don't know why, really, I just wasn't keen on them...

28 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I don't think anyone does!  And if they do they need to be lectured on just why they are wrong :D

Haha! :D

There was just something about them I didn't like...  I've only seen each of them once, but I personally wouldn't watch them again!

I must be a voice in the wilderness as I enjoyed the A vs P movies.

Don't get me wrong, I firmly believe that these franchises should never have been paired together, but after accepting the premise and viewing them on their own merits, they're actually alright in my humble opinion.

Glad I got that off my chest!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bumper8 said:

I must be a voice in the wilderness as I enjoyed the A vs P movies.

Don't get me wrong, I firmly believe that these franchises should never have been paired together, but after accepting the premise and viewing them on their own merits, they're actually alright in my humble opinion.

Glad I got that off my chest!

You need professional help Bumper :whistling:

No seriously, if you enjoyed them fair enough, we are all different and can't like the same things.  As others have said I think it's best to take the AVP's and Prom/Cov and think of them as separate from the originals and enjoy them for what they are rather than could have been.

• Like 1