The films you've seen, in 2017

natedammit

On 14/04/2017 at 4:44 PM, Raylenth said:

I'll disagree with you there Chloe, though it was nice seeing all so many of the Sherlock cast in it.

I was actually surprised I liked it, to be honest.  Usually, anything about Frankenstein isn't my sort of thing.  But I did like Victor Frankenstein.

10 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Flowers In The Attic (2014)

What did you think of it, Raylenth?

I saw it either last year, or the year before, and I thought it was very good!  I have the book, but just haven't had time to read it yet.

30 minutes ago, ChloeLou said:

I'm probably quite late watching this one, but I've finally seen Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children!

Handily enough, I've just started reading the books! lol Good wee film, I thought! :smile:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ChloeLou said:

What did you think of it, Raylenth?

I saw it either last year, or the year before, and I thought it was very good!  I have the book, but just haven't had time to read it yet.

It was alright.  I haven't read the books or seen the original film but I remember my sister being a fan of Andrews and reading the books which is what made me watch it when it was on a couple of nights ago.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Raylenth said:

It was alright.  I haven't read the books or seen the original film but I remember my sister being a fan of Andrews and reading the books which is what made me watch it when it was on a couple of nights ago.  

I haven't seen the original film, but I wouldn't mind seeing it.

7 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

That was filmed (in part, I'd imagine) about 6 miles from me, is it any good, Raylenth?

To me, it's not bad but it's not a film I really enjoy and would want to watch again.  I watched because it was on Film 4 last week and it's got Hiddleston in but maybe the subtler points have gone over my head.  I kind of get what it's about but it's not a straightforward film to watch. If you've seen it it's a bit Brazilesque but set in the 70's.

Edited by Raylenth

3 hours ago, minchb said:

Loved this film, wasn't sure about the ending though!

Don't want to give anything away but the ending felt right to me (although it wasn't what I expected).

I just saw Guardians of the Galaxy. Baby Groot stole the movie. When he was on screen I couldn't focus on anything else.  (Lee Pace has a very serious competition in the run for my heart and attention)

I liked the movie a lot and the music was great.

Edited by RoryMcGarrett
  • Like 1